1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turnplaying Thread

Discussion in 'Team CDZ' started by Robi D, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

I went in to have a look at the demographics and realised a monkey could move the scout and press enter, so i did:)

I moved the scout SE

Can we say island? The people with a sweet tooth should be happy;)

Demographics

No team has 9 land squares for there start

Also one team seem to be work a plains hill with a forest (can't see another way to have 5 hammers)

Also DaveMcW told us the the Great Lighthouse has been built (boy did the whiners whine)

Anyway we can be safe to conclude from all of the above its going to be a sea based map, although there migh be large continents out there too for the teams to find. Exploration will be a priority.

2. akots

akots Poet

Sailing is still a priority. It is important for us anyhow because we need a lighthouse for extra food and to optimally utilize financial trait quite rapidly. So, we would need 3 workboats. Or two and a galley. Circumnavigation could be huge on this type of map coupled with our extra movement from UB. From military point of view, if we can get to Theocracy/Vassalage and Astronomy-Chemistry, this would mean 7-movement frigates and privateers (+1 from circumnavigation, +2 from Navigation II promotion). This is huge for naval superiority. The path is not that hard, just need 3 or 4 or better 5 great scientists and to bypass Civil Service. Considering this, we can set priority on lightbulbing Pacifism (need an extra G-Scientist) or building Parthenon. Prioritizing Literature for National Epic also might work provided that there is good location for GP farming. Capital is not that good for either one of these. For Parthenon it is better to have marble.

I guess the main reason for disabling GL-house is due to somewhat imbalanced loads of forests in the starting locations so that it would be harder to chop it for a team which has more forests. Otherwise, we would have had a very good chance for that in the second city. There is an awful lot of forests there. We can still chop something less useful. Oracle is always nice but a bit bulky without marble. Still an option to consider.

The map indeed slightly resembles that of ISDG final. There, there are medium-sized islands around a large landmass reachable by galleys. That is one of the possibilities.

Need to explore a bit more to decide what to do.

3. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

If it is islands the choice of the Vikings begins to look better and better.

4. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

I can't see Robi's first picture... :(

EDIT: never mind, seeing it now. We should be able to fit at least 4 cities on the starting island...

Islands map combined with Vikings would be nice, but this is a manmade map, so I wouldn't discount something a bit more creative (large landmass with multiple civs, and then us on an island quite close)... IIRC there is coast to the NW of the capital... New island to be found there?

5. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I wouldn't have thought there would be a few civs on one landmass and others shunted out, that'd make it quite unfair.

6. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

I agree. But all teams seemed to favour a map with a large landmass and easy access to other civs, so an islands map would be fairly opposite to what the teams preferred... :eek:

7. Robi D

DaveMcW did say he liked he liked and islands/ snaky continents map and he said he was given some good ideas from various suggestions from team so my bet would be on a hybrid type map with a bit of everything.

Also i'd prefer 2 workboats + a galley to just 3 WB so we can send the scout along to explore any larger landmasses

Edit- I'd also suggest the scout move NE onto the hill for the next turn to give us a wider view

8. barbu1977

barbu1977 Chieftain

I'd suggest the opposite and move it SE-SW. If the landmass continues, he can go on. With those hills, will get a good view of the east with the first cultural expansion.

9. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Well we'll be swimming in gold, crabs and sugar then

I figure next move with the scout should probably be on to the gold hill. Otherwise two teams logged in this turn and didn't hit enter, just what can they need to discuss?

10. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

I agree.

Whether or not to press enter to end the turn obviously... :rolleyes: ;)

11. Robi D

Agree as well

I also noticed that there are coastlines visible on the fog edge to our north, it hard to see in that shot if there are to the south as well.

As for the other teams:rolleyes:

12. socralynnek

socralynnek Civ & Hattrick addict

Yeah, what a crabby start...

Scout to gold hill sounds good and I guess Calendar might be useful early in the game.

13. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Crabby but sweet.

Looks like either an island or there's a thin land link somewhere we can't yet see.

14. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

This is getting really ridiculous... :rolleyes:
    In the past 12 hours at least a dozen people have logged in to the game, but none, and I repeat, none of them has ended a turn... :rolleyes:

At this speed we'll still be playing by Christmas 2012... :mad:

15. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Feel free to make a comment in their teams thread, i cannot think of a single reason why it is taking this long it is only going to be bloody scout moves there cannot even be much/any micromanagement yet!

16. grahamiam

grahamiam In debt to Mr. Geisel

Chopper's paradise to the south, with lots of plains-hills.

I see coastal tiles NW of capitol as well as NE of the gold hill. Wonder if we're each in our own island-pocket or if there are slivers of coastal routes between them???

17. Robi D

At this point i'd say that's optomistic

I can see it now;

Player A: Ok, should our warrior move east or west, poll open for 24hrs
    some hours later...
    Player B: But what about north, there is no option for north
    Player C: I agree, north should be an option, we need a new poll
    some hours later again...
    Player A: Ok, but our consititution says we need three people to call for an invalidation of a poll and for 3 of the 5 members of government to agree
    Player D: I'll be the third
    Player A: Ok as minister for domestic and team affairs i agree, you need two more ministers
    some more hours later....
    Player E: As turnplayer i agree
    and more...
    Player F: As foriegn affairs and war minister i agree
    and more again...
    Player A: Ok done, orginal poll is invalid, new poll stared, should our warrior move east, west or north, poll open for 24hrs
    yet more time passes...
    Player G: Hang on i think we should go south, but the is no option on the poll for me to vote for it, i think we need a new poll to cover this option too.......
    :lol:

18. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

IIRC DaveMcW stated in the rules thread that team captains can start new threads to poll changes in the game set-up. Since you're our captain, why don't you make a new thread about changing the timer to 20-24 hours?

I'll make a nice comment in the turn tracking thread...

19. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Full of Sugar on the island

If Dave hadn't gone to the time to make the map then I would otherwise say we should pull out now due to the actual joke that is the turn timer and other teams playing the bloody turn.