1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turnplaying Thread

Discussion in 'Team CDZ' started by Robi D, Apr 8, 2010.

1. socralynnek

socralynnek Civ & Hattrick addict

Oh, do we have a small island on our own? Might be. Might be kind of snaky. I vote for Scout N-NE.

And I vote for pressing enter to end the turn!

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Wasn't any need for a picture, moved the scout south/south west as the border pop will reveal anything north but it's looking increasingly likely like this will be an island on our lonesome and we'll be needing to get the scouting ships out instead.

3. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I think the turn timer proposal did exactly what was expected, given people a kick up the arse because the turn jus rolled over

Moved scout further into the woods in the south

More importantly was the border expansion revealing land on another island;

4. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Wow i go out for the day and i miss all the action. Although i had plenty of action anyway, i was in a poker tournament which i finshed 18th and collected $175:).

Back to the game, it seems we can squeeze 4 very good cities on this island. Also i'd definately go with a galley so we can load the scout and explore the island to our NW completely.

With the scout we just need to see the remaining coastline to see if there is any more sea food

5. Robi D

By the way what are we researching next, BW or Sailing?

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

New turn-

finished mining, started on BW. We're the only team to have a score jump that turn which means we are top of the pile!

I would say perhaps that we build 3 workboats before the trading post, the third workboat can do a little exploring before coming back to help out with the second city but i agree with building the galley after the trading post, seems a little pointless otherwise. Also should we beeline for circumnavigate or try and find people? I'd favour the former.

Started on BW for the chopping and the slaving, no need for sailing just yet as there isn't actually anything we can do with it.

7. Robi D

Went in and took a pic of the demographics

The interesting thing here is the differences in the land area, where we are clearly last with 11 tiles. With the other teams either 1 has 15, 3 have 14 and 1 has 13 or its split 2,1,2 (15/14/13), otherwise the average wouldn't be 14 even

Now my first instinct was all the other teams moved, which seemed unlikely, then i though maybe the islands we started on are different shaped islands but it seemed strange that the other are between 13 and 15 and we are at 11, plus the big thing with maps for these games is to have equal starts.

Then it occured to me, the lake crabs. Maybe because we start with fishing we got crabs in those spots where as civs with hunting got deer and teams with agriculture got rice that way teams could have access to harvest a food resource without the need to research a tech. If we didn't have the crabs we would have 13 land tiles as well which mean 3 or 4 teams moved and this could be a big deal.

Why, notice how our border expansion just perfectly covers those ocean tiles between the coast tiles. A city in any other spot would have to wait for at least another border expansion, maybe even two expansions to be able to cross that gap leaving them stuck on their own island while we get out and explore and expand

8. Robi D

New turn. Went in moved scout back towards our eastern coastline, pressed enter.

Nothing new to see so no screenshot required.

9. Robi D

That turn went quick:)

Again moved scout, pressed enter.

10. Robi D

Moved scout to the coast, unfortunately no seafood

Everyone but Amazon has 39pts who are still on 33.

It doesn't seem like anyones soldier counts went up so the techs discovered had no soilders attached to them.

Our worker isn't too far off:)

11. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Don't suppose next time if you do a pic you could ctrl+r and ctrl+y so we can see resource and tile bonuses robi? :)

12. Robi D

well you can see them in the previous pic, they haven't run away :)
    but sure if i log in i'll do it

13. barbu1977

barbu1977 Chieftain

while we are at it, I want the grid on. ctrl+g please. :p

14. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Went in moved the scout 2N. Not much change, there are crabs above him. Worker is done in two, first thing for it to do would be the hill north north east i guess so it is nearer the bank of forest to chop for the workboat.

15. socralynnek

Quick city proposal:

I am sure someone can do better...

I don't see a way of getting 6 cities there without moving the capital.

But at least we have access to every land tile on the island.

But an island nearby might change some stuff.

Attached Files:

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I think we should perhaps aim for 4 cities based on your map I'd move the red dot in the north one tile east. That would also help with border popping on the assumption we may need a way out that way.

I also figure that the two dots in the bottom right should be changed to just one, placed on the sugar north east of the middle red dot as this would give us access to both crabs, thereby giving us a half decent GP farm.

17. akots

akots Poet

That dot map is good only if there is nowhere else to settle. IMO, for now, two cities should be sufficient. For GP farm, having two more sugars might be better in the long run but hard to tell. So, it is either between gold and crab or SW from that to get 2 crabs.

We need to get out of this island rapidly. So, priority can go to sailing and military to secure the expansion. The longer we sit there, the worse it gets. Another bad thing is that it would be hard to irrigate later in the game the northern areas which will probably never get settled. The forests can be chopped for what its worth for building something in the capital at some point after Mathematics.

18. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Ynnek's map doesn't show the crabs which are in the north which can serve as some food.

19. Robi D

so what happened to the pic? you did play the turn afterall:p

20. socralynnek

I agree that having a good city for a GP farm might be worth it. Especially if we don't find another nearby. What's better then 5 sugar + 1 crab (settling 1 W of eastern dot) or settling on sugar, then having 4 more sugar + 2 crab.

But as we need Calendar for harvesting sugar, this can be the 3rd city (but can be 2nd, we have crabs for starters.

I guess, we want to change some plans anyway as soon as we have explored a little. Meeting no one for a long time might still be possible (OK, Optics is not that far away if we rush it)