1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 0 to 10

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by CommandoBob, Nov 29, 2008.

1. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

A place to log the game events of Turns 0 to 10.

2. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

Turn 1: Founded our capital, Hazrat-e. Began producing a worker while working the corn square. Our warrior moved one space NW, and we are researching agriculture.

3. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

Idiot Time :crazyeye:

In the lower right hand corner of the screen are the names of the teams. Correct? Two things puzzle me. One, why do only two teams have square brackets around their name (us and Team Saturn). Two, it appears that we have 32 points and somehow Team Saturn has 11 points. If we went first how does Saturn have any points?

General Gameplay
    Do we want to save a copy of the game with each turn?

Here is why I ask. In the Civ3 MTDG2 (which is PBEM) I have found it helpful to look at older, already played turns, for various information (border expansion, war progress, that kind of stuff). In PBEM that is easy to do. Here, since the game sits on a server, it is something that we have to remember to do.

What I would like to suggest is that each turn, before we end our turn, that the Turnplayer saves the game to his/her PC and then emails it to the team's email account (Kazakhstan DOT of DOT Civ4 AT gmail DOT com). (Later we may want to save it twice, at the start and end of the turn. Right now that seems like overkill.) This would give us the ability to look at historical data. It could also come in handy in defending/explaining our actions to our neighbors and tracking their movements, too.

@Jimmy369: if you did save a copy of the game, that's good. If not, don't worry. I have had plenty of time to mention this before the turn was played and failed to do so.

4. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

If they've had their turn they must have moved their settler instead of settling.

5. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

We were up so I just played our turn. Move the warrior NW, nothing exciting discovered.

6. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

Thank you Cav scout. I'm sorry CommandoBob, I do not have BTS right now so I can't access the saves. I will bring them in (from gmail), but for now I can't go get them. Good recommendation with the saves though. It is good to get all the kinks worked out in our system in the first few turns when it doesn't matter as much. As for their 11 points, I would think that would be the total value of a settler and a warrior.

7. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

That's makes sense.

8. jkpsmp1

jkpsmp1 Chieftain

Here is the save for the end of turn 1.

Mountains and Plains as far as the eye can see.

Jeff

Attached Files:

9. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

jkpsmp1, I think attaching the saves is fine for a few turns, but it is not a good long term idea. Each of us at the Forum has a limited amount of attachment space (currently 30 MB) and there is no need to tie up that space with these files. There will be a lot of them.

We could email them to the team's email account, but most of us cherish our privacy and don't want to expose our private emails.

Could we set up a bogus member account on the forum that used our gmail account? Then we could just send an email to that 'member' from our user control page and not reveal our individual 'home' emails. Of course, we would need permission from Thunderfall to do that, since no one is supposed to have two accounts.

If that is not possible (or it doesn't work like I think it does) we can always create another gmail account that we use to send the saves to the main account. A bit cumbersome, but workable.

10. Bolkonski

Bolkonski Prince Bolkonsky

11. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

We are in the southern end of the map, notice the tundra south.

12. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Right, looks like we have some mountain ranges to the north. There are some desert hills there too so if we are lucky, this river may go further north and become flood plains.

The tile NW of the fish looks like mountain, but if the spot above that is settle-able then it may be an option for a city.

The tundra-forest next to the sheep may also be a decent city option.

NEXT MOVE FOR THE WARRIOR SHOULD BE NE

(p.s. that's a screenie for turn 2 not turn 1)

13. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

I would go north continue on the hill and NEXT move go NE in the forest...no point going NE now

14. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

Off the NW (2N-NW) it looks like mountains in the fog. Or is that just more hills?

15. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Yeah it's mountains to the NW. I think we should move N then NE- we want to check for anything good next to the fish.

(oh and I think it is a turn 1 screen shot because the first turn was turn 0 ;) )

16. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

2NW is mountain.. propably the 2NWW tile as well

but by mooving north next we would reveal 3N from where we are now and then we can head NE to see if that fish is useable..

17. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Going N won't spot anything new. Moving NE will spot (what looks like) the mountain to the NE.

Do think we need to follow this river either way

18. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

No. We should rather explore the hills to the very end, maxing out our mapping capabilities as we are already there. Anything else would be a waste of moves.
    However, we should create a working boat to scout the coast, then come back to fish the fish as we establish a city around that fish, but scout with the working boat until then.

19. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Well I moved N as requested although I don't see why it was a better move than moving NE, all I did was spot a mountain we knew was there already. Moving NE would have spotted what looks like a hill that was 2NE of where the warrior was. oh well.

I thought it would be good to start naming some of the key features so we can refer to things more easily. I've picked names from real world for now.

Btw I also renamed our leader to Natalya although we haven't done a proper vote yet. We're also the Kazakh Khanate in this era and the correct adjective is Kazakh not Kazakstani.

The other river I have called the River Ishim

Attached Files:

20. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

It would really be much more convenient if we had a thread dedicated to the actual turn logs (and just the turn logs, screenies and save files). Oh, btw, it would also be nice to have some actual turn logs. By having comments and planning mixed in with the actual turn logs it will soon become very difficult for for us to find out what happened on a given turn. Having saves for each turn will only help those of you who actually have BtS.