Turns 1-20

practically, it does not mind much, only it is confusing to me if the build which you have enough shields collected to build it with is not put into the same line as the last shields are.
This is "matter". Warrior will "go" at 3700BC, Granary will operate turn later namely at 2950BC. Because of that we need a forest cut.
Don't know if go to Ivory ASAP and skip 1 warrior is good idea. Another option is to mine rBG, but looks not that good.

it looks nice, but i fear it is not correct.whenever you work the rr grass (like t17-t19) you calculate 1s too much.

but maybe you know that there is a bg under the forest? :groucho:

templar_x

Looks good.
We have that bg if the starting location is the same as at first except that the FP wheat is replaced to the grassland wheat, but the bg is not roaded by turn 17 according to spreadsheet. Or do i misunderstand something?

it looks nice, but i fear it is not correct.whenever you work the rr grass (like t17-t19) you calculate 1s too much.

but maybe you know that there is a bg under the forest? :groucho:

templar_x

In t17-19 I have 4 shields in my excel: city center, wheat, sugar, river BG. What is wrong about that?!

In my sandkasten it's a plain grassland 2/0/2... ;)

Looks good.
but the bg is not roaded by turn 17 according to spreadsheet. Or do i misunderstand something?

"r" means "river".... "rr" means "road and river".

If no one has a better idea, we could start the game now? (And we can still adjust the sequence as we go. But I think it combines the best of everyone's ideas, and it is the one with the earliest settler.)

Who can take the first 10 turns?

I really should have looked at Lanzelot´s ss after sleeping my daily 3 hours, not before.

Totally forgot about the bonus wheat when I was already really tired. Sorry.

Everthings looks good to me. :goodjob:

For expansion, this seems to be the optimal sequence I can see.
Re commerce and thus science, I do not believe it is the optimal sequence. We could gain 1-2 turns towards Philo (probably not more).

But I think, that the free Philo tech is not too easily within reach anyway. I do not know PBEM standards, but I would not expect to be first to Philo on t37... or t35 either.

I could play the first turn tonight and any more turns until the 19th about noon - but there won´t be any more turn, I´d expect. The other 2 teams will need their time for the assessment of the situation as well.

@ memento - is working the 2f-tiles for the beginning good to fool the others re our potential?

@ Ignas - I would not have found it rude, but it is sure nice to know a bit more about you.

templar_x

Moved to Introductions thread.

@ memento - is working the 2f-tiles for the beginning good to fool the others re our potential?
For the later Teams it is difficult to assess who has what. They will be able to see at least one seafarring is.
If we switch from sugar to wheat, they will also see the first two gave a wheat.
Thats all in the beginning.

Have anyone test settler-granary,too? :(

btw: The Eagles asked for the Real Save.
Is Pottery and Sugar fixed? Then templar can make the first Round.In the later rounds, we can still switch.

i´ve started us off. here we go.

templar_x

Have anyone test settler-granary,too? :(

i am not ignoring this, it is only a matter of time for me currently. is there a specific reason why you do not draft a ss yourself for that?

to me, with what we see, there is no chance that settler-granary could be better. and i mean better for total growth and total commerce.
the settler requires 40 food without the gran, and all we have (or see now) is a single wheat. and without the gran, this cannot even be shared at all. numbers may say something else, but you know that i was part of some pseudo-scientific approach to "when does settler first ever pay off?" was tested.

the result was, only with lots of food bonuses around. and currently i do not see any.

if you fire up a ss, i may be able to check it on my handheld next week. otherwise i will be on a short holiday next week and try to keep myself off computers.

templar_x

Ok, I can play the 3rd turn as well. Will change sugar hill to wheat this turn in anticipation of the interturn-completion of the irrigation.

How about, for the next days we keep this division of work? Memento keeps track of the F11 analysis, and I forward the turns.

Lanzelot

I dont know if i have time to make a ss for settler,granary.
We need the ss before the warrior is ready.

I am back also and can take the next turn again. Will check if it is already there.

Edit: Checked, and 2 of you already dl the safe. Lanzelot, please confirm that you have not played already,and I will take the turn. Or confirm that you have played...

2nd Edit: Checked all the game sites now and see that Lanzelot has played and passed the turn already...

templar_x

did you skip me now? because the swap is not longer needed on my side... i do not mind if you take the first 10 now, i only would really like to know...

templar_x

Top Bottom