1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 1-20

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Lanzelot, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Oh, sorry, I thought, during these "irregular" times it doesn't really matter, who passes the turn, especially as everything is clear at the moment and we only need to press enter...
    So anyway, if you are able to check regularly for the next days, how about you play the next 6?

2. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

that is the point: i will only check here regularly (=at least once a day) if i know i shall take the turns.
    so if you leave the next save alone :D i will go for it. i am fine with "first one to see it takes the save" also, but this won´t be me then.

templar_x

3. Memento

Memento The World is mine

Sry, i have no time for the SS. If anybody have time, please the variant. Its the last chance before the warrior is ready.

4. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

happy new year, everybody.
    My RL here so irregular that I don't know if I can make ss today or even look at site. Let's have warrior first, and who take the save just press Enter , Worker - road.

5. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Download file from Zugübergabe-Thread / turn handover. Did not play yet.

6. Lanzelot

Personally I don't believe that settler first is good in this kind of start. But Memento is right, we should at least take a look at this option. ignas, do you have some time?

7. templar_x

Ivan - do you mean who has played the last turn? I have - as far as i understood, it was agreed that I should take the first 10 turns.

I will give notice if anything interesting happens, otherwise I will play from the ss.

Lanzelot, Memento - as long as we do not see 2 more food ressources, settler first is not an option in my eyes. unfortunately I have absolutely no chance to "prove" that in the nearer future (one has to calculate everything at least until Philo to show it clearly), as I have to prepare several papers for a big meeting mid January, whilst finishing two major business contracts next to it :crazyeye:

templar_x

8. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

In any case, a warrior will be completed by the next turn, so "settler first" is not an option. What we should check, is WGSW or WWGS the more preferable choice. Also, I think that mine, road, river Bonus Grassland, and then build road on grassland may be better than connecting ivory ASAP. I have tried to calculate the odds just now, but I'm not too experienced in excel, so I'm not yet quite sure.

Let's agree on a standartization: input just one number per cell (e.g. 17, rather than 15(+2) as this makes it much easier to parse the data. Also let's save and upload the data in text format (tab delimited text format) - text files can be uploaded here directly, without having to archive them and then upload the .zip file.

9. Memento

I make 3 test games,2 with settler first and both were faster than the SS i see. I remind that i say it more than one time. No other one check this, but the most say this is not an option.If anyone test it and mean this is not a option ok, but so...
    But ok, now its over :rolleyes:

10. templar_x

@ Memento - only because I would not have believed this to be a better option this does not mean that I could not be convinced if you deliver the numbers.

However, since quite a few layouts for comparison were contributed, I think it is not ok if you now complain about your idea not being drawn into numbers by someone else even though you have uttered it already a couple of times.

As it is you who is convinced of this, and we are not yet (and I am totally lacking the time now), it would be more than fair to ask you to show how "settler first" would be superior, rather than ordering someone else to do so.

I hope this was put in words of fair respect and thus is acceptable to you.

templar_x

11. Memento

Sure, i make no ss, but i have posted 2 times, that i have no time for a ss.And I did not demand that someone else makes one, I asked whether it can also test.
    And i posted a few things to the settler-granary variant.
    Old save with irrigated Wheat
    New Save
    *I know we go another way, but research is still faster.
    Now we make the turn. Why the Hektic? We have a lot of time.

12. templar_x

to me, this did sound reproachful that no one tested your proposed sequence:

QUOTE=Memento;10073467]No other one check this, but the most say this is not an option.If anyone test it and mean this is not a option ok, but so...
    But ok, now its over :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

until when does this "no time limit" rule go? if it is still valid, just let me know when i can check for your ss.

templar_x

13. Memento

we play the turn.next save is the warrior ready.
    no one has to test it more, its gone.
    and yes i mean it reproachful, aber eher weil der zug schon gemacht wurde obwohl wir noch reichlich zeit hatten.
    nix für ungut, nächtes mal mach ich nur vorschläge die ich im ss festhalten kann.
    btw: the new save is there

14. Memento

Sry,when I reacted a little excessive yesterday.

15. templar_x

That´s ok.;)

16. Lanzelot

Well, I think it's not yet too late: a warrior is 10 shields, and these can be made up in two turns, so we can probably finish a settler just 2 turns later than if we had done it right away, 3 turns at most. That should not make any difference, and an early warrior for MP can't hurt.

However, we need an ss to really make well-founded decision. Doesn't anybody have some time for that? I assume Ivan is currently making one for the "improve BG first" plan. Templar and me are quite busy at the moment and already made a couple of ss. I'll send ignas a mail.

17. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I tried to make some program on Mathematica that will help me. but it does not work. I understand, that it is critical decision for now - where to move worker after road Wheat...

18. templar_x

we are having the save, guys.

i could play the turn now, but i understood that you want to try another sequence with different worker moves now?

nothing obvious that catches my eye is available, but i will wait until tonight, when i can also access this computer.

if it should prove necessary to play earlier than about 9 p.m. tonight (GMT), somebody else makes the move. otherwise i will check in later, and if there are no new instructions, continue to play by the last ss.

templar_x

19. Lanzelot

I talked to ignas. He wanted to make an ss for the "settler first" plan last night, but then he was without power, so couldn't. However, he said his intuition tells him that "granary first" is better.
    In any case: that doesn't need to be decided urgently. The warrior is ready, and whether we build a settler or granary now, can still be changed in the next 5 turns.

More important is: BG or ivory??
    My intuition tells me that the ivory is more important. Allows us to run the capital at a higher population. Also we want to chop the forest, don't we? The BG gives us an extra shield. Do we really need that so urgently? I think the higher commerce and higher population from the ivory is more important.

So my vote is: let's follow the current ss! So worker -> forest .
    Please everyone give your vote here before 20:00 GMT, so templar can then play the turn.

20. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

We will have less gpt with "BG first" but will save forest for further use.
    I try to make accurate calculation if it make delay with Phylo...
    I will send results or "give up" at about 18:GMT 5 Jan