Turns 101-120

You dont have to apologise to us Wotan :) those of us who have had to be turnplayer before for the isdg/mtdg know what kind of work is involved and you've been putting in tonnes :)

Typical, a small town went into unrest this time. The less than normal attention to detail last turn I guess. Sorry!
OK, plan to invade Council taking shape. If we wait for the two stragglers on the SABER west coast we can have a landing in 9 turns as that would coincide with the end of our peace treaty. We would also have 4 ships with content invade the small island they have now colonized at the same time. That would also give our Go-Go's forces a few turns to get a culture expansion and have a go about SABER (probably) not leaving our tiles...
We are number 1 in population again, Thought GONG was subscribing to that title with the pyramids? Number three in the other two important things, production of gold and shields.

GONG met Saber and Council.

GONG is weak to both but Council doesn't have rax in the capital.

One thing I'm wondering is Killercane seems to believe Council is researching the lower half. I could've sworn they were first to mono and Free researched Theo. Any confirmation of this?

I'm also wondering if we should land a small force on Council to let them scream in the UN and force us to move off. If this happens we could do the same to Saber when our borders expand on their island.

No culture expansion into SABER territory this turn. Moving ships to land in Council territory when peace agreement expire. Builds at home focused on units and markets as previously discussed. Only building infrastructure that will remain if we gift to GONG.

I don't think the culture will every spread into the core 1st ring of a city in C3C. Maybe in CIV it would but not C3C IIRC.
The only chance we have is a culture flip of a city...

Never in Civ3. Our only chance would be to control the S-S tile of Go-Go by having 100 culture before they hit 10.

Tubby and some of the people at GONG are wondering whether we should bring Saber on board to make this a 3 vs. 2 instead of the othere way around.

Any thoughts on this and should we discuss it in a another thread? We'd need some reward with some type of carrot at the end of the stick imo.

Possibly...another thought is we would not have to give notification (say after their IA tech is researched on attacking them but they would have to give warning? Another thought is agreeing to not build ToE and sharing their IA free tech.

are we actually going to send our troops to Council. I would much rather do that than waste precious money on some culture buildings desperation. I checked the save, we can get knights in 1 turn if we stop rush buying those buildings that achieve nothing anyway.

Are we sending the fleet over?

I think the culture idea has good UN leverage potential, but as an actual conquest tactic, it is null and void - especially when we have a viable target.

No-no, no more culture rush. I am currently saving gold for rapid upgrade of MWs. We are moving Galleys to land in 9 turns, when deal expire.

Played and sent, gathering of forces continue, nothing worth showing in a picture.

Just a note from me as a player re. deals with SABER. I thought we agreed not to have anything to do with them?

just a note from me as a player re. deals with SABER. I thought we agreed not to have anything to do with them?
full agreed

I don't see a need to involve Saber. At this point its a 4 team game and its 2 on 2, saber are glorified spectators

Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure we're prepared for a 3x2 later on.

Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure we're prepared for a 3x2 later on.

Do you think Free and Council will be prepared to gift Saber that much. Even then they would need to give them things to keep up.

There's no doubt in my mind that Free and Council will do anything in their power to keep us down. If that means gifting Saber up and add a third scientific to the mix why wouldn't they? If they got 2-3 free techs in the IA would be gigantic for all three.

There's no doubt in my mind that Free and Council will do anything in their power to keep us down. If that means gifting Saber up and add a third scientific to the mix why wouldn't they? If they got 2-3 free techs in the IA would be gigantic for all three.

So your telling me they would gift saber 15-20 techs for the sake of getting 1 extra tech in the IA?

Top Bottom