Turns 101-120

Lanzelot

How do you like the following idea:
Avalon builds a galley next. The settler from Tintagel can reach the tundra isthmus in 2 turns! Afterwards the galley is ready for operations along the east coast...
M-H or L-E can build the settler for D-Day.

Glastonbury builds granary, 2 settlers for the west coast and then workers.
Carlion builds Great Library (gets pumped up to size by workers from Glastonbury, so doesn't need a gran).
Or Carlion builds a barracks and more units. But I think in the long run, we will suffer losses, if we move forwards, especially if they have Feudalism now. So we should do as much damage as we can now. If we manage to get their iron, we can continue, but if not, we will probably need to play defensive again, build up our empire and wait for Knights.
Our advantage is, that they can't revolt, as long as we are still at war... so the longer the war lasts, the further they will fall behind. We only need to avoid losses.
But let's first see, whether we can get at their iron.

save is there. had a short look.

not sure whether attack on Lulz actually needs to take place. they now have a wall. maybe have the cats fire and then see. but probably they had moved everything they had around there into the town. however, this is already a success then, because the landing in the north might hit them unprepared. i expect more from that.
so the next player should decide, either go for a decision in the south and risk that stack, or just bombard, or only pillage the lux and withdraw. the latter seems a viable option for me.

in the north, the landing preparations look good.

actually, the longer i think about it, i like the north better for the offense. the path to the core is much shorter and offers better cover. you´ll see how things turn out.

t_x

My feeling that bombard and Pillage might be an option.
Than retreat /heal?

North: We have an opportunity to move forward on Mined GL. Units from Galleys may also unload there. Or you think better on Jungle?

jungle much better in my eyes because they then also need to cover the iron.
t_x

Don't think it will be a problem for them - 2 Hoplits on Hill is enough to stop our stack of 6.

Lanzelot, how much we must pay to Kuche and when?

but then it is 2 hoplites that are not standing in the town. :D

Agree. Played as proposed.
Sent to Kuche 50 g. 8 g remained

wow, you killed a lot of units there. and still did not take the town??? what was left inside?

your note in the time thread has a mistake, as you said you sent the BH the file again.

t_x

It was (is) non-fortified veteran 4/4 Sword, 2/4 or 3/4 sword, Archer, Trebukhet "at least".

yes, BH "mistake", but I put to correct place.

Attachments

• sdf.JPG
    sdf.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 181
Sorry, I wasn't able to get on the server yesterday evening.

Regarding money: we start our payments to the Küche in T105.
We should repay their 500g credit in 5x100 and then think about a decent rate to support their dash for MT.
I also need to calculate our profit from the lux deal over the last 2-3 turns, but I'll update that tomorrow.

justanick just reported, that Eagles still have not sent Feudalism to Anarchie!! So either there is some "disharmony" between Eagles and Anarchie now, or they still want to build more swords for MDI-upgrades?!?

@ Lanze - du schreibst der Küche 5 Schwerter vernichtet, sind aber nur 3...

they abandoned both towns :eek:

justanick is way too fast to declare you winners now. their defenses are very strong, and those two towns were only strategic losses, but in the actual fighting your position has not grown much better. your military is still only even to theirs.

now the approach has to be changed. until cavs, you cannot break through their core. even then it will be hard. i see two options:

# in the north, you could bypass their defenses nicely now: from the jungle landing tile, 2n - 1ne - 3e is a very nice attack route. it is invisible to them also! and leads you directly to their core. if they withdraw forces to secure their core, you might find another chance to break through, or even proceed to the tactically vulnerable towns in the very north.
# at the same time, here enough cats and troops should stay to build a defense position.
# in the south, heal. given the walls, and their deconstruction, this was a very lucky victory. here you should now plan D-day! outrun their slow navy, bypass those coastguards and land next to Kairo. best case at the same time when your north troops become visible.
# when the south stack is healed, i like 1ne - 2n better for an attack route on The Village. you can go on that hill, or change quite fine 1w and go for Kommune if they place troops on that hill then which then cannot be used for defense. again, optimum would be to do that at the same time.

iron hill is less interesting now that they have secured two of them.

i am not a fan of the peace strategy, but you could offer it with the reason, that they have new leaders. why not talk peace then? they would have to give up the whole lake area, so raze Timbuktu also. i would return the southern peninsula where the south stack stands. the northern lake passage must go to the Knights. and they have to (re)found towns for you. plus give up all their techs.

t_x

Yes, I think now is a good point for a peace offering: we need to build some quick settlers now to claim the available land. Otherwise Eagles and Küche run too far away. (Eagles already started building overseas colonies.) We also need to think about markets. So a good peace deal would certainly be nice.
(But first we should capture those three workers...)

If they don't agree to peace:
We can't really take both their iron hills, too heavily defended! I would take up our original plan: storm the gold mountain, so they need to keep the iron hill, the other mountain (if they don't want to allow our stack to move on to Bengasi) and two towns heavily defended. This binds a lot of their units, and then a turn later we make a surprise landing with like 5 galleys at Kairo...

MH can now take the fish from LE. We need more size 7 cities quickly, we are paying 76gpt for unit upkeep!

Instead of buidling workers in Tintagel, can we build more settlers?

Ivan, what's your preference: war or peace?

Edit: I would not let the stack heal on the dyes square. Better retreat 1W into the forest.

I would take up our original plan: storm the gold mountain, so they need to keep the iron hill, the other mountain
I don't think it is realistic. And in fact will not give more advantage vs frontal attack of Iron hill. We, at least, can bring 4 Catapults near. But we can't unload Cats on the Gold Mountain. We may found City on Jungle, and even rush Temple to get Iron temporary... But don't know. T-x's plan sound more realistic, but they have good road System near core, and will "take care". We may build City at BG to exit North ocean, and Galleys will support/supply northern stack ... The same at South, but "you know", centre exposed, tasks for stacks uncertain... Our position LOOKS very strong, but have no clear perspectives.
Thats why I am thinking about Peace proposal.

Dear Loki,
how are you?
Are you still playing in this team?
If yes, may be it is a time to return to negotiation table again?
Regards, Ivan Larkin.Send short notice to Loki.
Still don't know where to move north stack.
South forward, for sure

Pity, I get used to his cynical style...

Please, prepare a note to HG: 2 cities+border at least where it was, all techs.

Re: war: I think go forward with all troops. It is lot easier to take GM from land with horses then with Archers from water. I am going to do it next turn before they put many troops on GM.

Also stack at East go forward, for the same reason. Wounded will heal on Dice.

How much we must pay to Kuche this turn? 60 g OK?

Next turn I am going to put Settler at "location". I think somewhere near Sarragoss point.

My preference is on BG, to ensure exit to the sea, but may be other options?

Sent to Kuhe 50.

Attachments

• 490bc.JPG
    490bc.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 226
honestly, i never considered Lokis style as cynical, only primitive.

a road on the tile of all those troops would be nice, i guess that is what you brought the new slaves there for. then they have another mountain they need to cover.

plus i of course like the idea of reopening the northern channel. i advocated this long ago, and i still think that their flanks offer the best opportunities now. but there is too little defense in the stacks currently.

t_x

Top Bottom