Turns 101-120

Well, I thought to send all 5, but three exposed.

t-x advise to hide 3 where they are.
I went to compromise...
Now 2 exposed anyway.

Regardless of successes attack on North will pull out MIs back.
May be Mountains better?

Regardless of successes attack on North will pull out MIs back.
So we "play for time" untill we have Knights? Sounds good to me.

May be Mountains better?

Yes, that way we have a chance of survival, even if they managed to send some MIs there.
But in this case we should include some horses? So how about:
- unload two galleys on mountain
- fill remaining three with 2 NMs and 4 horses and send them north as well. (Horses can still do damage from the mountain, in case the town is undefended, or there are workers to be caught...)

With a ship-chain we can always send NMs back in case Shlisselburg gets attacked. Also I will rush walls this or next turn and switch L-E to NM. (L-E can make 5 spt now).

I am not sure, that Horses best choice.

Really, idea of "surprise" was very naive.

I can play now, anyway will open save.

I'm ready, too. (And would like to play again, haven't had a turn for ages... ;))
Just let me know, so that we don't waste our time.

And we first need to find a "solution" for our problem.
Retreat or send more units north? And if horses are no good, then 2NM, 3 swords, 1 horse?

Also, perhaps we should increase lux to 10% now? Camelot, Camlann and M-H would gain extra shields. (Should take advantage of that for the last turns of GA.)

OK, go ahead. I'd send all vet swords and NMs on 3 galleys. Rush Walls in Shilsselburg, please.
Second wave better unload at plains.

did you play, and how did things look by the end of your turn?
t_x

Here is an update of what I did:

Unloaded the 4 units (3 swords, 1 archer) on the mountain and discovered a size 8 city next to the incense tile! I think this changes quite a lot. They cannot afford losing this city, so they will send lots of units for defense this turn (and probably already last turn), the more so as they can now see three more galleys, so they must assume an attack of 10 units total...
For this reason I think an attack on Shlisselburg is not likely this turn (and if they do attack with larges forces, it would be a mistake, because they can't have enough units then to defend the incense city as well as there south, where we also have a large stack. We can still rush the walls next turn (it'll take a while, before their units can return south.)

Filled the galleys with 2NM, 2 Swords (the third one was only reg) and 2 horses and sailed after the first fleet. However, I think we will return home later anyway. Don't see how our "surprise" can succeed, now that they had 2 turns to prepare. (Especially, landing on flat land seems quite risky to me!)
In any case, perhaps now is a good time to make peace suggestions again?

Due to the new marketplace, Camlann doesn't need a taxman at size 7, I completely forgot that... So running 10% lux doesn't make sense in this case. I made a comparison: with 10% lux and all people working, we make 164gpt, with 0% lux and a taxman in Camelot and M-H, we make 190gpt. Left it at 0%.

I noticed that Tintagel is running at 4-6. As we will still need quite a number of settlers, I suggest we let it running at 5-7 to get more gold. If we delay the next two settlers to 5-turn settlers, we are in a perfect 5-7 cycle.
(We still need 4 settlers on our own continent, and then I suggest to start settling the islands!)

BTW: Ivan, why is Templar's Tobacco difficult to defend? I think it's easier to defend then Shlisselburg, because there is no jungle adjacent to it, which the attackers could use for cover. And we have a huge army there now. So we should try to rebuild TT soon and rush a wall, before they have Chivalry. (I'll ask justanick to let us know one turn in advance, before they finish Chivalry.)

it´s "losing".

i am not sure whether the more northern town can be reinforced by them fast enough. it depends a lot on where they had their troops. but aside from horses they might need too long to get strong units there.

i am not sure about avoiding the plains tile. just imagine 1 or 2 MIs in there - aren´t your chances even better when they attack your NMs than sword attacking fortified MIs in a city? i think they are. so better give them some incentive to attack out of the town.

t_x

Edit: at some time you may consider to keep some military in the west in case the Eagles land a few MIs and pikes.

it´s "losing".
Corrected, thanks...

So the basic question that we need to decide until the next turn comes: unload all 10 units on the plains or not? If they used last turn wisely (where they were able to see our 2 galleys) and this turn and then next turn, they had 3 turns for getting a defense there. Not sure, whether we still have a chance of success then?
But the damage would of course be huge, if we succeed...

With some Galleys at Lake and troops on North we may defend Shlisslburg by puling troops. Also, it is so important cross point that have there many troops always advantage.

T'Tabacco "outside", there is no our roads but many their roads.

It is hard to bring troops there and hard pull them back.

-----------------
I'd unload all on plains. But things depend on what they do next turn...

Whats on Galleys?

Corrected, thanks...

not important and i surely did not mean to teach... i only noticed that you are very regularly putting it that way. but loose means something totally different ("locker, lose") than lose.

t_x

Die Erforschungskosten von Erfindung liegen weiter bei 1100 Kolben, es ist also unerforscht. Wenn ich mich nicht irre haben die Anarchisten übrigens nicht einge Büchereien, sondern genau eine Bücherei in ihrer Hauptstadt. Diese hatte bereits ihre Kulturverdopplung, sodass sie zur Zeit ingesamt 303 Kulturpunkte haben mit +8 Punkten pro Runde. :gruebel:

only one lib? this means that they fooled us the whole time, built raxes and troops and prepared their war.

t_x

are you deliberately painting a darker picture of the ability to militarily do some harm to the Anarchie in the Küche thread?

no mention of our newest attack? or are you blowing that one off?

what i am missing is a serious thought about where the troops could have been when they saw your ships*, and after you have your army next to their most northwestern town? that is the decisive question, if you do not assume that they had loads of units up there anyway.

in that case, you have good reason to try the attack, even if Shlisselburg is in light danger. their town is much more important than Shlisselburg, plus will you most probably be able to attack and return before they can attack. and if you find that an attack would not appear to be successful, you can also withdraw, but still have succeeded in stretching their forces more plus winning a few turns where they cannot consolidate for an attack.

also, why are you considering in the Küche thread to make peace with the Anarchie? i though this was off the table.

t_x

*btw, i have no clue why it was naive to believe they would not see it? where the hoplite was the turn before they could not see it and if he had moved back next turn and you would have advanced with 5 ships next turn only they also would not have seen anything. that it would be naive from them not to put any unit there constantly stands on another piece of paper...

*btw, i have no clue why it was naive to believe they would not see it? where the hoplite was the turn before they could not see it and if he had moved back next turn and you would have advanced with 5 ships next turn only they also would not have seen anything. that it would be naive from them not to put any unit there constantly stands on another piece of paper...

If they put some troops on high ground to "observe" where we go, it is logical, that they will "take care" and see more next turn. It is strange, that they did not advance on south.
Most probably they guessed our plan and sent MIs back

also, why are you considering in the Küche thread to make peace with the Anarchie? i though this was off the table.

I had not yet thought everything through at the time when I wrote my update in the Küche thread. After writing there I wanted to go to the Anarchy thread and post a message there, because both me and Ivan had thought some time back it would be better to make peace now, and the right point of time for an offer would be, when we at the same time make a "frightening" move against the north.
However, when I sat there thinking about what to write to the Anarchos, lots of reasons came to my mind, why it is better to continue the war... So in the end I didn't post there...
So I take it, we all agree? The war goes on?

So I take it, we all agree? The war goes on?

I think so. Strange, that they did not advance to us. Probably they are waiting for Knights.

I think we must think about our plan this way...

sorry if i start about this again, but seriously THE ANARCHIE EVEN HAS ANOTHER FOOD BONUS UP THERE??? i mean, how is this map balanced? very clearly the start positions go in that order: 1. eagles 2. anarchie 3. küche 4. knights.

shouldn´t Clariton now or after that NM start a duct and chop the 3 forests into it?

edit: military now weak again compared to Anarchie! :eek:

t_x

i fear your game is dieing anyway. it is quite obvious that the team situation of the Anarchie indicates that, but now there is a new post that Loki is still driving the players there crazy...
t_x

Ok, the basic question: attack on plains tile or retreat? If the Anarchy is now strong against us, I think it doesn't have many chances of success. They have enough units, they had 3 turns to prepare, better retreat and wait for MI & Knights.

lurker's comment: if the reg hoplite stays on top it would be wasting the best chance to put another dent into them for a long time if you would not even try. if they reacted fast enough to send good units back, you will see that clearly in veteran hoplites. otherwise they messed it up and you have your chance.

even if there is a vet on top, you could check with a horse attack whether there is only one or more of them.

whatever you decide, you probably will have lots of time to think it over and use the battle calculator on every detail. the Anarchie does not seem to be able to move anyway.

t_x

Top Bottom