1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 122 - 130

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Lanzelot, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

MI in Avalon?? Why not Longbow? We still have some time for massive elite training at cannibal island, before the Eagles attack.

When setting up a chip-chain to the incense: don't forget to send two NMs with the next galley! We need to defend that point.

And whenever you chop a forest, don't forget to update our "Chopped Forests" map.

2. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

NM there, ship chain ready.
    I thought MI better.
    Knights will come to defend point.
    I cant upgraid forest map.

3. Lanzelot

Just download it, edit with mspaint and then attach it to a new post.

Regarding diplo with Eagles: they haven't answered to our suggestions for two weeks now. I think it's clear what they are up to: not interested in trading with us...

We need some more NMs as cover for the expensive Knights?!

4. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

knights defend? i think they have another task to do...

5. templar_x

very interesting post from Calis...

6. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Nothing interesting, i think. Question is how to reject it in polite manner.

7. templar_x

or not reject it. i would demand that town and then make the trade. why not? only discuss it with your ally first.
    t_x

8. Lanzelot

I also tend to accept the deal. Gives a 20 turn peace period. During GA we could probably get some 25-30gpt. But we should also ask, what the Küche would benefit from it.

Edit: posted a message for the Küche.

9. templar_x

just to repeat what i already said: even if küche agreed, you must get that town from the Eagles in my eyes!
    t_x

10. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

what you are talking about? We will have both Incenses very soon. And I am sure, that WH better for Eagles.

11. templar_x

Who did u Address?

I am Talking about the Anarchic town of the eagles. Wh is Not so nice if u r Losing towns... But they also could give u the town in a deal. I have Said that already several posts above.
    T_x

12. templar_x

MM:
    -Silk-Village has two shields if it works the hill!
    -Caeleon rushes another worker this turn
    -L-E can make 10s, can starve a little for 1 turn until lux is connected
    -Mynnyd would have better rushed the settler last turn, prob not enough money. so rushes this turn.
    -Caer: granary? dunno

t_x

13. templar_x

needless to say that i am not really a fan of this wishy-washy diplomacy. however, in this situation it may even make sense. still at least the REQUEST that they hand over the town would really have had to be in the message!

MM and other details:
    - why Apo... not 1SE?
    - you want to keep that FoW so to have barb camps spawn?
    - L-E really will build the FP now, no?

not more time...
    t_x

14. Lanzelot

What is "Apo"? Apolyton, Apollinaris or Apollonia? :)

Having barb camps spawn in the FoW would be nice, but I also wanted to check the area, whether any Eagles units are running around there...

FP in L-E is impossible now: either it will starve to 6 or we can't maintain 10spt or we need 10% lux permanently. My plan was: short-rush Lib now, finish market in 2 turns at 10% lux, then switch to FP and drop lux back to 0%.

Do we want to buy The Village? I could offer 150g?!

15. templar_x

rather 50g. 100 max.

it is the Apo... town you just founded of course! ;-)

t_x

16. Lanzelot

I founded three Apo... towns last turn: Apolyton, Apollinaris and Apollonia :p

17. templar_x

you did that on purpose, didn´t you? well, i haven´t got the game at hand, it was the one E/SE of the Great Lake. founded 1SE it would have been exactly on the SE corner. and then another town across the bay at OO everything would have fit just perfectly. now... not so.
    t_x

18. Lanzelot

That's a joke. Even rushing a settler costs already 116g, and a size 3 town with courthouse is definitely worth more than a settler.
    In addition you need to consider the strategic value of that town. The Eagles discovered Metallurgy this turn, so in 4 turns they will probably have Cavs. We always would have to fear a surprise attack out of that town, taking 3-4 of our ICS towns and nullifying the WH on the first turn.
    If we can get the town without having to grant them WH, it'll be a major success for us.

Ivan, how much do think The Village is worth? I would definitely offer 150g, and even go up to 200g, if they don't sell for less.

We have different objectives here. My objective is not to cover as much territory with as few settlers as possible, but to squeeze as many towns into the territory as possible... The position where I founded Apollinaris is close enough to L-E to benefit a little bit from the FP, will have enough squares around it so it can grow to 12 and doesn't interfere too much with my ICS pattern that will start in the area behind the first ring around L-E. I think 1SE it would have been out of place.

19. templar_x

they have to fear WW as well... but you are the peaceful player, so you always expect the other one to attack you of course.

the objectives are the same, only that we always differ on core dotmaps :] however, i am honestly quite in love with my settling pattern, and 1SE it would have had just so many more tiles. it is all only about that 1 town there, everything outside will of course be ICSed. but if you ICS already from this town on, you are wrong, then the town will NOT grow to size 12! just check (and double-check).

t_x

20. Lanzelot

Yes, ICS pattern will start at distance 3 from this town, of course. (Otherwise you are right, we would never have enough room for a well-developed city there.)

I played the turn, but before I pass it on, I would like to make an offer for The Village. Looks like Ivan is without internet at the moment. Do you really think 150g is too much?

(BTW: the Eagles do not have to fear WW: as I outlined a few posts ago, there is absolutely no way we could land a sufficiently strong force on the other continent in the near future. So The Village would be the only town we can count on taking.)