1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 122 - 130

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Lanzelot, Apr 12, 2012.

1. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

You are right, but as I said cut/plant forest is what we will do with these workers.

2. It is hard to increase productivity of Camelot at 0% Lux. May be put sometimes at 15 spt.

Do you have any idea about military plan?

2. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

I think we should build a temple in Camelot and then join a worker for 20spt.

Military plan: my favorite is to keep MIs for defense/attack at The Village, keep Longbows at the barb island until we have them all elite and to ship Knights to Küche. They still need 6 turns for MT, and we can't wait that long before shipping. We can upgrade in Apfelstadt or Jever, justanick is preparing a barracks for us, so we can upgrade.
    In any case: the Küche units are already "in place", so they should be upgraded first. An attack by the Eagles can happen any turn now. (If it doesn't happen in the next 2-3 turns, they will try for a "research strategy" and not attack in the next 20 turns. Then we need to attack...) Is it possible to send 300g now? As I also said in the Küche forum: if the Küche remains strong in F3 for the next couple of turns, this may induce the Eagles to delay their attack a few more turns. This buys us time to get ready.

And: we should now use most ships for troop transport. The settlers can travel by road, 2-3 turns doesn't matter that much, now that our unit costs are under control?! We can rush settlers close by in Timbambuku or whereever the food resources are, and use Glastonbury/Tintagel for troop production now. (Perhaps a few more workers for joining Camelot, Camlann, Clariton, L-E. They still have "room" before reaching the happiness threshold.)

3. Lanzelot

Ok, time for some general remarks:
    I think we should stop building settlers in core towns now. Build some workers and bring everything to size 12 asap. Settlers can occasionally be rushed in the new border towns. Here they can settle immediately and don't bind our galley capacity.
    The core should build a few missing aqueducts and markets and otherwise: Knights... :D (We have that name for a reason, right?) Oh, and a few muskets. With a temple, Camelot could build 3-turn muskets without requiring any gold.

The Eagles are still weak, so they are still building infrastructure (probably universities?!). We need to take advantage of that.
    And also: they are probably not expecting an attack that soon. They will probably think we will build up our continent and recover from the war with the Anarchos for some time now. An early attack will take them by surprise. Good for us in that regard is: we have always been strong in F3, due to the war. The Eagles can't see that we are going into "total war modus", because from their perspective nothing changes in F3... They can see that in the last handful of turns we have "build settlers everywhere", weakening our core, and they will assume that we will continue to do so until the continent is settled and are not in a position for an attack for a long time. (This is probably the reason, why they are still building infrastructure?!)

Gold: Rush settler in OO, and send 190g to Küche.

4. Lanzelot

PS: wait with playing until we have tested that worker transfer thing. Perhaps we can already send them North-Lake-Entrance this turn, and they return it next turn. (Loses only one shield.)

5. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

No, please reconcider

6. Lanzelot

Reconsider what?

7. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

posts 83 and 84

8. Lanzelot

All of it? There must be at least one good idea?!

9. Lanzelot

Ok, turn is here. I still think the following should be good:

- Temple in Camelot (once we get rid of the taxman, it grows immediately in one turn)
    - Glastonbury grows to size 5.5 and then builds 2-turn workers
    - Camlann needs 1s for the Knight now. Don't forget to shortrush for 4g...
    - Why is the floodplain W of cener-east not used? Mynydd Ferrum could have grown in 4 instead of 5, or cener-east in 7 instead of 10?!
    - Clariton should get a floodplain now, Glaston the irrigated GL, and Cadbury Castle just has to wait a turn before growing?
    - Can we send 2-3 workers to L-E in the next 2 turns? We could get the FP 2-3 turns faster with a mined hill and the plain. (Mine the hill quickly and then join two workers?!)

How likely is it, that the war will start soon? Obviously both sides are now building up units.