1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 130-139

Discussion in 'Team Innovia' started by 1889, Feb 16, 2007.

1. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Turn 130, 375 AD

Our warrior west of Loco is at a crossroads and has decided to go north. In the east still no idea when we will come to Aloha.

The tech situation is starting to get kind of bad so my apologies to Theo but I sent another offer to Loco:

Hunting, CS, Calendar (1701) and pigs for Theology, Music (1573) and gold.

Feudalism just finished but we have to wait one more turn for the revolution. Planning to start Horse Riding, what do you think?

Also the army guarding our empire consists of 6 warriors (5 of which have no experience) 2 archers and 4 axes. My plan is to have Chowderton start Heroic Epic in 5 turns (double unit production) then begin replacing our warriors with longbows.

2. Theoden

Theoden Deity GOTM Staff

I think we should research Guilds before Horseriding. It could be an important tech for trading, and it might make the difference of having a monopoly or not. Horseriding, on the other hand, has no value before we also have Guilds.

3. dutchfire

dutchfire Moderator Moderator

:agree: Guilds before HBR

4. 1889

That’s fine although I was thinking the exact opposite. Everyone will want HBR so we should be able to shop it around although it’s only worth 350. Guilds will take 18 turns, but we'll get a library soon along with more people and money so who knows how soon we could finish it. Once we decide though how about mentioning it to a few others so we can make sure of some nice trades?

EDIT: okay, guilds first.

5. 1889

More disappointment from our explorers, still haven’t found anything.

Surprising news from Loco. Pop growth has made their capitol the greatest city in the world and along with the discovery of calendar put them in second place.

Aloha has traded Music and Construction for Feudalism.
    We still have feudalism, civil service and hunting to trade to Loco; Monotheism and feudalism to trade to Piffle and Feudalism to trade to Epsilon.

Started Guilds (17 turns right now)

WLTKD is done in Chowderton, finished the forge and started the lighthouse.

Revolt next turn will replace caste system with serfdom.

6. 1889

...and here are the pics.

7. 1889

Loco finally got back to us, offering Theology (715) and gold for CS (1144). I wasn't in the mood for them as I'm planning an invasion (I'll update 'The Next Step' thread with details for review later).

Our eastbound warrior has gone as far as he can without open borders from Piffle.

Adopted serfdom to speed up workers but lost all our merchants. Wheelville is now running 4 preists because I like the hammers and gold. Next GP will be in 5 turns.

Currently economy is running at -2gpt but think we will soon be breaking even. :)

8. Nomad Bryce

Nomad Bryce Innovian UU Cannon Turtle

There is no way my computer would load this map, could anyone post screenshots of the Arabian Empire by regions and perhaps a little name and description of the region =D I hope thats not too much to ask. Maybe like a heartland, other developed regions and then some less developed regions. I'd also like to see a screenshot of what we know of King Kong's land.

9. 1889

The royal cartographers have prepared these charts of our fine land, from the wild western ocean to the arid eastern deserts, from the steamy southern jungles to the frigid northern tundra... (Someone needs to write a national anthem or something).

10. 1889

Barbarian warriors are about to be killed near Magadan and Polynesia.

Have offered Open Border to Piffle so we can continue explorations.

Magadan border expands, Ploughland builds library starts granary to reduce disease.

Economy is starting to grow nicely now. Polynesia will finish a courthouse and workers have just finished the first of four sugar plantations. Lighthouses in Chowderton and Sinsburg will bring in more gold still. We must begin to decide how to handle disease and unhappiness in our core cities. We can control happiness with troops, but we can also use those troops to capture more health and happiness resources.

-Great Person here in 4
    -Settler due in 7 Site 11 down south will give us bananas and help our troops reach Loco when the time comes.
    -Heroic Epic in 9 will give Chowderton nearly 40 hammers per turn toward troop production.
    -The stronger economy should give us guilds in 12.

Let me know if you need any other information and share your thoughts and concerns. We have some big turns ahead of us, lets be sure not to miss any opportunities. :)

11. 1889

Barbarian killed at Polynesia, Magadan will be cleared next turn. Still no open border from Piffle so the warrior waits.

Lighthouses in Chowderton and Sinsburg, they start Heroic Epic (6) and Settler (5). Ploughland Starts Granary (4) to become disease free.

The economy (currently at -1) will be taking off over the next 6 turns. We will finish another Silk plantation +3, a courthouse +2, a market +4 and will also get 5 new citizens. A new city at site 11 will cost about 5 or 6 in maintenance.

Great Person in 2.

12. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

What did Aloha do to take off in GNP so fast? Build the Colossus or something? I guess they're Financial as well, since this is vanilla Civ4...

13. 1889

I'll look at the saves when I get a chance, but it probably isn't as much as it looks, so maybe two plantations would do it.

14. 1889

It shows a jump of almost 30 gpt last turn and 5 the turn before. They are financial and already have the Colosus so thats 4 gold in coastal tiles. The Hanging Gardens gave them an extra citizen in each of their 8 cities so thats pretty serious trouble for the rest of us.

15. 1889

I've been thinking about some of our unimproved tiles, I know many of you are anxious for cottages but I was thinking that the two jungles in Chowderton could be made into workshops, the place has plenty of food now that we built the lighthouse and it gets bunches of hammer bonuses after Heroic Epic compleats.

Sinsburg could also use some more production so how about a waterwheel in that grass tile rather than a cottage?

I think we should improve that incense tile too. We'll need to build a road from Magadan though.

16. dutchfire

workshops are now only 1 hammer right? That's not much, whipping is better.

17. 1889

Ya, but some techs and civics can improve it. Chowderton gets up to 150% hammer boost and with all the coastal tiles doesn't really seem to need any more cottages. It also reduces food output by 1 which may give us a way to control pop there if we want to.

18. dutchfire

I'd at least wait with it until we discover guilds (that gives +1 hammer right?) before we do it.

19. 1889

No diplo this turn. Our warrior is departing Piffle and going back to explore Aloha. Maybe we should ask Epsilon for OB now rather than wait until our other dude is at their gates.

The big news is that we are the proud parents of a Great Prophet. He can give us Theology (worth 715 or can be researched in 6) but I'd like to settle him in Wheelville where he can provide 2 hammers and 5 gold per turn.

I also took a moment to get more familiar with the enemies:
    Loco (Hereditary Rule, Slavery, Organized religion) Spiritual and Industrious, fast worker UU

Piffle (Bureaucracy, Slavery) Philosophical and Financial, Rifleman UU

Aloha (Hereditary Rule, Bureaucracy, Slavery) Creative and Financial, Cavalry UU

Epsilon (Hereditary Rule, Bureaucracy, Slavery, Theocracy) Industrious and financial crossbow UU

(Note: graghs show info for the end of last turn, current values may be different.)

20. dutchfire

What about settling him in Chowderton? That will be our main production center, and it has most hammer bonusses, so those 2 hammers would pay of there most.

edit:Seaching the lightbulb list.
    It will give us DR after Theo, another pretty useless tech.

Spoiler :
    Great Prophet:

Meditation
    Polytheism
    Priesthood
    Monotheism

Theology
    Divine Right
    Mysticism
    Masonry (Warlords patch)
    Code of Laws
    Civil Service