1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 135-160

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Lanzelot, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

I can play tomorrow.

So I guess no temple in Camelot? We wait until we have enough cities with taxmen and then increase lux to 10%.

Clariton can grow this turn. Anything else I need to take case of?

2. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Go ahead
    Optimal ship chain. Send as much as possible this turn, shortest way. Think how evacuate ships if War start. Probably vet LB may continue barbarian business this turn.

3. Lanzelot

Ok. One question: what should I do with that MI on the island?!?

4. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Fight with Barbarians ->elite

5. Lanzelot

There are 5 horses within distance! Won't they kill him?!

Edit: Ok, I can use the eLB and land another MI. So that's 3 vs 2.

6. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

if you ask me, the Eagles´ attack was a big mistake on their side. why are they keeping those towns, and why the heck did they not destroy those knights? att-6 vs def-3 is very good, even against troops on mountains. and killing those units deprives you of every operational range - you simply cannot replace those shields short-term.

this way, i think it is quite clear that 1. the longbow should attack from the ship first (if the LB loses or the cav retreats, you may use the 2/5 LB to try fish for an MGL...after all, none of us thinks he will live to see himself as a pensioneer) 2. all the knights should attack Cochem first, starting with those from the very east, then those on the shipchain (2, don´t see a chance to bring more into Jever), then if Cochem is still not taken those from the mountain. otherwise take Apfelstadt as well. 3. take The Village.
    that should give them loads of WW, whatever the results may be.

re the Küche: they depend too much on def-units! tell them they need some offense to clean up cheaply. they might even get an MGL from that (much easier for them than for the Eagles).

t_x

7. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Most probably lot of Cavs inside. Suppose we will take it. Will we raze it? But in this case Jever with 3 units will not stay vs Cavs.

Alternative, but not good idea is pillge all roads and abounded Jever.

8. Lanzelot

Yes, the Eagles probably overestimated their strength. But on the other hand: it must be clear to them that Küche & Knights cooperate, so in the long run it was their only chance. Big mistake probably was: they attacked too late...

Some reasons perhaps, why they did not attack our Knights:
    • They still have hope to keep us "neutral"?! But then they should have send us a diplomatic note as well?!
    • They don't want to give us WH as well. Instead hoping to get WH from us...
    • They are weaker than we think and did not have enough Cavs in Darkside. So they rather took the Küche towns and did not risk any of their precious Cavs. After all: a Kt fortified on mountain has almost def-7. So they would have a more than 50% chance of losing! If each of the 4 Kts kills the first attacker, they would need 8 Cavs for cleaning that mountain!

Templar's attack plan looks best. Any further ideas? Especially: should the MIs continue elite fishing (why are the barb horsemen not attacking us in the interturn??? We would have two eMI by now :mad:). Or do we send them to the main continent now?

I think we don't have enough units to pillage all roads to Jever. But perhaps in the long run we can try to pillage the two roads from Darkside into Küche territory? The desert can be pillaged now (if we don't have enough targets for our Kts...) and the hill later when we have a Cav there. I think these two roads are very important to buy the Küche some time.

So as I said: situation doesn't look too bad. Our only problem at the moment is: will justanick keep a cool head...?! :D

9. Lanzelot

Avalon will short-rush a Knight now, take the hill and then finish the aqueduct in 3 at 10spt and grow in 4 at 3fpt.

Silk-Village 4fpt?

Glaston short-rushes Walls.

10. templar_x

we will see. maybe they really think they are fishing for WH. maybe they have tons of cavs in the town and do not even need to worry about losses. (are they strong now? otherwise quite impossible)
    but i believe they simply were not moving very well. sure they attacked way too late. and overbuilt libs and unis, just imagine how many shields they could have put into units already?
    you say 8 cavs against the knights? pah, they could have 40 if they had played dedicated...
    and i do not even say it is impossible they want you neutral. i always said their diplo ist crap, so i even esteem that a possibility.
    you playing? let us know the results. finally an interesting attack in this game.
    t_x

11. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

You mean settler via walls?
    Who will play this turn?
    i will be away 22 - 30 july, and in stuttgart 31-8 aug.

12. Lanzelot

Yes, settler-shortrush.

I can play. (Also for the next 2-3 weeks.)

(Hey, Stuttgart is only 45min by train. Too bad: we'll be leaving for some visits (parents & grandparents) on August 3rd :(
    Otherwise we could perhaps have found a date for some sight-seeing in Heidelberg...?!)

13. Lanzelot

First MGL appeared.
    What to do? Please post some input/ideas on the Küche Forum.
    Will pause for now.

14. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

please, remember, better keep Army for future. It is good for us if Kukhe will lose 5-6 cities.

15. templar_x

i do not see the big advantage to field the army now, either. sure, help the Küche with everything you have got over there. but why sacrifice the army? for no gain?

you could also rush the FP, if you want...

t_x

16. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

To summarize: take Cohem first. Probably better to start with 4 knights nearby.
    If some 3 fresh Knights will remain form an Army and put on mountains. (I think better south of Cohen, but if many fresh Knights will remain north also OK). Army will cover wounded Knights.
    Long range vision of Army and pillage ability will help to protect western corridor.

17. templar_x

why not rush the FP in a place? the more i think about it, the more i like it. it would give a huge boost, and i cannot imagine that even a cav army would even come close to this advantage...
    you can simply choose the optimal town for it and need not consider the building time.
    t_x

18. Lanzelot

Yes, but at the moment it is too dangerous: if the Küche gets overrun quickly, it's game over for us as well. I think we all agree on this? The Eagles would quickly finish the middle age, get their free-tech, research the other one, and with Steam Power and Nationalism they could basically double their shield output! They send a lot of Riflemen+Cavalry and it's game over.

In the beginning we should help them with everything we have. Later, when we see that the Küche is able to survive, we can "reduce" the support a bit and start building some Libs, etc, while they are still fighting. We'll have our continent colonized much earlier than them anyway. No need to play these risky tricks.

However, if we can get a Cav Army within the next 2-3 turns, it could be more powerful, but I can't see this happening that fast?! And then there is always the problem of landing and assembling the Army in a safe place. If the Eagles Cav break through into the Küche core, right where our Army is, it will be lost as well...

19. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I disagree with this Phylosophy. We are so much behind both of them that should consider our interests first. "Gift" our leader to Kuche is not a good idea. FP at northern area is really good choice in long run. Probably it will look too impolite for Kuche, however. "Trick" that we try to take Cohen and run out of Knights looks much better.

20. templar_x

i already thought that you had that argument in mind, Ivan. and in fact i find it valid.

as i said, army or no army, it neither improves the attack chances a lot, and it won´t cost them loads of additional units. and i would not waste a MGL to kill one more cav, period.

FP on the other side would be very very strong, and would also improve your war efforts.

therefore, i´d attack as described by me above, with the single knights, and see what the results are. if you need most/all of the knights, embark the MGL and get it home for a fast FP. you simply cannot plan or risk it on another ship-transfer...

btw, where is the Eagles fleet? i find it very strange that they should not have built their powerful UU.

t_x