1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 135-160

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Lanzelot, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

FP, hmm? The galleys are safe for this turn, and then the chain is in place to get it back ok.

But you should be aware: our Knights will all be killed this turn, that should be clear! At 50% 3-4 will die during the attack, and the rest will be severely damaged, getting killed probably without further losses in the counter-attack. So that makes 4-5 Cavs (let's say 400s) versus 7 Kts and 2 LBs (570s).
    A 3-Kt Army on a mountain has at least a slight chance to survive and cause further trouble, or will at least take 3-4 more Cavs with it into the grave...

L-E currently has 70s, so we could switch it to Library. But then if our MGL gets killed on sea, we can't switch back and have to start the FP all over again...

How long will it take to get 3 Cavs over? We can rush a galley in Cadbury Castle and uprade 2 Kts next turn (T138). They will reach the other continent in T139 (provided we can find a safe spot to unload!!!). The next two Cavs can't get there until T141, so the Army would be ready to strike in T142. That's still 5 turns! Don't like this version either.

2. Lanzelot

I repeat: if we don't cooperate with the Küche "perfectly and selflessly", the game will be over quickly... It is our interest to defeat the Eagles, before they steamroll first the Küche and then us. Is this so difficult to believe?
    Don't underestimate the Eagles. With GA and short-rushes they are probably producing 3-4 new Cavs per turn at the moment. Still ~8 turns GA left. We need a "full-strength GA of the Küche" in order to beat them. That's my opinion.

I'll check tonight, whether L-E has anything useful to build now. And whether we have enough galleys at Canibal Island (dromons could appear there from the north and interrupt the ship-chain; then our MGL would be trapped!).

And anthother point: is it really so powerfull to use the MGL for the FP? The mine on the hill will finish this interturn, and then we can finish the FP in 10 turns anyway. (119s at 12spt, if I calculated correctly.)

Other idea: is the Herioc Epic useful?

3. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Repeat again:Take City and kill some cavs more useful than make an army that will do nothing. There is WW and it will help to fight vs Eagles. Even "pro Kuche" reason assume that better to kill as much as possible frontier Cavs NOW. If we will be able to have good army after that -- fine. If Army will bee killed next turn better use MGL more wisely.

4. Lanzelot

Ok, I used the Kt-Army now. Everything else wouldn't make much sense. There's a good chance that this stops the Eagle attack and gives the Küche time for a strong counter-blow with Cavs next turn.
    Our wounded Kts would all have been killed this turn without any Eagle losses, and the Cav Army would be ready at the earliest in 6 turns (if we rush two galleys in Cadbury, but the money is much better invested in Küche Cav-upgrades). Without the rushes in 7-8 turns -- and by that time there is already the danger that the assembling area would be overrun by the Eagles and the Cav-Army be killed anyway. Now it will take 3-4 Cavs with it... (Or they ignore it and first focus on the Küche. Then we can do more damage.)

BTW: we are already #2 in GNP! And we are probably not that much behind in shields as well, so we will soon overtake the Küche! (And we haven't even started expanding... :D)
    No need to worry; if we beat the Eagles, the game is ours. (If not, the Eagles will first kill the Küche, then switch back to research using their lead in bibs and universities, and then beat us easily with rails and mobilization.)

5. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I do not understand why we spend all this time for discussions if you anyway ignore us??

We had enough discussion about Army vs take Cohen.

Another wrong move. Eagles will take it and may hold it. It will be excellent base for their Dormons.

6. Lanzelot

After thinking everything through, I chose the best option. This is the best way to make some immediate damage. At the moment it is 4 Cavs vs 1 Kt + 1 LB. The remaining Kts would surely have been killed this turn without losses to the Eagles. But the Army on the mountain is well-protected (def-8). If the Eagles want to take another city from the Küche this turn, they can't afford to attack it...

7. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

Hahahaha
    It is the same behaviour over and over again, it is really pathetic...
    Good I dropped else I'd go nuts.
    T_x

8. templar_x

i am repeating myself, but looking on just´s pic it seems obvious that building only def-units with move-1 was a mistake.

if you want to defend successfully, BUILD OFFENSIVE UNITS! especially against cavs!

their defense situation is a catastrophe, as they cannot counter-attack!

but they simply did not want to listen. so much better to whine over the bad bad situation.

t_x

9. Lanzelot

You see: they did not dare to attack our Army! I was right.

And I was right in my second point also: we would never have managed to assemble a Cav Army on the other continent, because our assembly area would already have been overrun by the Eagles...

And my third point is right, too: if we don't help with everything we have, the Küche will collapse in the next 3-4 turns...

So instead of saying hahahaha you should better thank me that I did not commit a serious mistake in this critical situation.

10. Lanzelot

Yep, completely correct. But unfortunately we can't dictate them how to play their game... In any case, we need to give them as much advice as possible now. If they collapse, our situation will be hopeless... The Eagles played a nearly perfect game so far. 8 core towns at size 12 (compared to 1 for us and 0 for the Küche...) and a perfectly timed GA.

11. templar_x

All words on you egomany are wasted anyway...

But what is the Küche doing??? Their defence strategy is just lousy, you better should have told them how to position troops, and which to produce. They left towns empty and still so Not have their GA?!?! Not serious?!?!? Argh

T_x

12. templar_x

I realize i already Said the Same in the Last Post, Sorry for that, but i really cannot believe it..

13. templar_x

in case the Küche really absolutely loses out on their continent (i read juste´s post "but we would lose more units than them", and while he writes this, he leaves half of their towns UNDEFENDED :eek:), the only chance left would be to DONATE THEM THE OTHER HALF OF YOUR CONTINENT!!!
    then the alliance again would have two cores, which is still not enough, but much more than what you could produce all by yourself.
    t_x

14. Lanzelot

Excellent idea! But we would need to get the core ready, before their GA is over?!

15. templar_x

the good thing is that the Eagles are as bad in the offense as the Küche in the defense. it seems they seriously brought everyone and his brother to the gates of the Küche! now they can kill everything, and maybe it is even possible to raze 2 of their towns with only minimal losses.
    t_x

16. templar_x

the FP should take the fish from M-H this very turn, and will still finish in 8 turns and won´t starve.

i don´t see how a large-scale attack on their dromons should be feasible. can you see a position to attack next turn?

Camelot is set up in a wasteful way... instead of the irrigated grass and one mined grass it should work two coast tiles, picking up two commerce and freeing those tiles for other towns.

t_x

17. Lanzelot

Yes, that was the plan. I even gave L-E the floodplain from Glaston (which can go with an irrigated grass and plain (5 food) instead of the floodplain and forest (5 food). The missing shield will be picked up on growth, so it operates as a 2-turn WF now.
    L-E is now doing 12spt and has 96s left on the FP.

No. I exchanged one galley for one dromon this turn, but retreated the other galleys. I think it doesn't make sense to risk our galleys, as they would not survive the counter-attack. We should wait till Astronomy, then we have at least a 50% chance in the counter-attack. (Our shield losses will be slightly higher than theirs, but if they need to keep building ships to battle us for sea supremacy, they can't build Cavs in those towns... In any case it helps in the overall war effort: either they allow us sending troops again, or they have to invest a lot of resources into a maritim warfare against us.)

The setup was only for this turn, so it could finally grow to 12 and make 20 spt.
    Now I changed the setup completely: 20spt, 0fpt and the one entertainer keeps luxury down at 0%.
    Don't see how working two coast tiles would help with this?? Then we would either not have enough food, or not enough shields or would need 10% lux?!? Well, I guess a picture says more than 1000 words:

The only thing that's now missing for a perfect setup, is a road on the forest tile...

18. templar_x

Camelot either needed 20spt or 16spt, for either 4- or 5-turn cavs. i thought i remember you guys did not want it to grow to size 12 for happiness reasons or so, therefore it could have given tiles to other towns.
    this way i am fine with it.
    t_x

19. Lanzelot

Yes, I thought better size 12 with an entertainer and 20spt than size 11 with a taxman and 16spt.
    Tintagel can get the irrigated grass (and perhaps even the wheat for a few turns), once the market is complete.

20. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I still assume that it will be better to capture City and kill as much cavs as possible. Probably they (eagles) will not go that deep.

Really, I can't consider this quote as serious statement.
    However, it shows that person with mouse in hand plays as he wish.
    I can play one-two turns before 8 of August and, probably some more turns before 20 August.