1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 141-160

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by killercane, Jun 3, 2006.

1. killercane

killercane Deity

We are rapidly approaching time for a new thread so here it is. What are the goals for the war besides ending TNT and gaining the silk city?

2. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

being in a postion where if we need to we can stop a kiss assult and if nessacary seize the contient.

3. Aigburth

Aigburth Sea Dog

Once the end of TNT looks inevitable, we should look to develop a strategy with KISS to eliminate MIA.

Alternatively, work with MIA to eliminate KISS as it should coincide with the end of our agreement with KISS (end of middle ages if I'm not mistaken).

4. Aigburth

Aigburth Sea Dog

In addition, should we look to ICS the conquered land for science farms? We may need to research to tanks for the final conquest.

5. Zorn

Zorn Prince

I would *love* to turn TNT into our vassal-sate.
    Is it possible to cripple them so much that they will be desperate to accept something like this?

6. killercane

killercane Deity

They would be hard pressed to find someone to play the save if they have only a city or two. Perhaps there is someone noble enough to do so but I doubt it. They are through.

That is the plan. We only have 29 workers and that will improve greatly in the next 20 with Pyramids.

KISS is not our enemy. MIA is the big concern. I have talked to KISS about going about a space race/nuclear war after eliminating MIA. Which would mean permanent nonaggression pact. We need to lock them into some sort of nonaggression pact to extend our treaty.

On the whole, the plans are to

1) build more workers and settlers. We are not in a cash crunch if we let MIA do some research. There is quite some work to do in the core and we will need tons of workers for cutting jungle and railroading.

2) set up prebuilds eventually for Theory of Evolution and Hoovers. We will be there astonishingly fast if no wars intervene.

3) Continue the capital and a few other cities on MW deployment for maximum insurance purposes.

7. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Ok, i've had a talk with fe3333au and i'm going to draft a formal letter tonight which i'll post. Basically they will research and give us Astronomy, Physics and ToG for Gunpowder, Banking and a yet to be determined amount of gold. I will send an offer of 500g (equivelent of 2.5 turns at 100% tax) and see what they say although i wouldn't go much higher then that. If they agree then we can take our time researching banking. I also sent a PM to Whomp (the instigator of the plan) to tell him where we are at. Hopefully at the end of all this we can be ahead on techs and have a lot of gold to spend. So for the time being keep running the tax at max, it shouldn't be more than a turn before we settle the deal with MIA. Also happy hunting with the MW's, you have 3 unguarded cities in range to choose from:)

8. killercane

killercane Deity

Turn 141

3/4 immo dead near dynopolis, MW 4/4 now
    2 workers captured near provobomb

We are fighting this war with very little troops and the MW probably wont survive. This is a quasi risky maneuver in that vbraun is unguarded, but Whomp tells me they dont have any horses (that KISS has seen) so we will see. Troops are set to take Shilhanopolis if all is well, and if any luck Provobomb too (should be undefended). At that point I think we should consolidate our thin forces to attack Semtex, Dynopolis, or the capital.

All cities are set on growth where possible. I dont see the point in market at Shelby yet with so much land to fill and a peaceful building time coming up but if Kuningas or anyone objects we can change it back.

9. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

Shelby could be a 4 turn settler factory at size 10 to 11. So much food and commerce around that city I would'nt waste all the potential.

10. killercane

killercane Deity

Turn 142

FP is in, and our empire's production/commerce has seriously improved. Pyramids in 1. Lux can go back down to 0 with dyes from KISS. 100 gold sent to MIA.

Sneaky MIA is about to grab silks 1 turn ahead of us (settler under the knight). On the warfront, TNT abandoned their town, and the MW squad has moved to Provobomb. 4 MWs vs. I would guess two pikes in the city (it is currently rioting).

11. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

We can still take mezzatone's keep and have some silks too, but good work on the war front, i don't have a problem with taking a risk or two if it means we can get some extra cities. At the moment TNT is folding fast:)

12. killercane

killercane Deity

Could we ask MIA to investigate silk city for us this turn?

13. killercane

killercane Deity

Turn 143

Pyramids is in. 5 settlers produced. Attack Provobomb with 1 MW and he doesnt scratch the pike inside so withdraw all troops from there to consolidate. 3 immos have come in range so we couldnt have held the city anyways.

14. killercane

killercane Deity

MIA has sent pics of Mezza and TNTs capital. I will be dispatching 4 MWs to Mezza this turn to be sure to take it; in typical TNT fashion, the city has walls and a library while they dont even have science turned on and are in a fight for their lives. We also have settlers in the area as you can see so that if they abandon it we will pick up the silks anyway.

15. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

How are we going to take the capital?

16. killercane

killercane Deity

Either we let KISS whittle their forces down (unlikely) or we wait for cavs (should be 12 turns or so). Those vet pikes have a defense of 5.55. We should have enough gold at that time to immediately upgrade to 20 cavs.

17. killercane

killercane Deity

We killed 2 pikes outside of Mezzonotte this turn. They will probably abandon it when we get there but we have settlers on the way. KISS took Dynopolis. We will let them try for the capital while we try the other cities.

We have passed KISS in territory, and will soon be in the lead in that category as well as population in 20-30 turns. Assuming no treachery on anyones part.

18. killercane

killercane Deity

Another screenshot.

19. killercane

killercane Deity

We sent MIA 720 gold for chem and gems. An elite MW produced a MGL to be used for a cav army at the ruins of Mezzonotte.

20. killercane

killercane Deity

What is the people's consensus on the current state of affairs? Do we need another prebuild soon for Theory of Evolution and if so, where should it be? My take is the Forbidden Palace city.

Any builds that the people would like in a particular city? Library in capital perhaps?