Turns 148-160

Wotan

Deity
We are at war with SABER. With 5 Caravels off the coast I had to make a bid for the mountain. With a Warrior moved to cover our Warriors back I could risk it and still be able to pul off the planned gift to GONG should the attack have failed. If so SABER would have been next to a SABER town and would have had to DOW them too to get control of the island. I guess I am a bit rusty so forgot screenshots. I will get better at it next turn, promise.

Other news include, we are now out of our GA but still running a healthy economy so can afford to research MilTrad to finish in 4 turns and still have a surplus.

Waiting for Council/Free to reach IA and swap techs.

I'm not clear on whether we attacked SABER on their island or allowed them to land on ours.

So GONG is still waiting for the fruits of the GLib? No wonder they've lost interest too.

Now some of the comments in the UN forum make sense to me. :eek:

Sorry, i shoudl have posted a picture. SABER had previously landed a Warrior on the mountain tip of the small resource island to the north of their mainland. Last turn i noticed two caravels in the waters between their mainland and the small island we own but they had a beach head on. I moved a Warrior to work as backup and sent units towards it to cover the beaches should they elect to head towards the island. They sure did and thus with 15 potential units onboard those 5 Caravels I made a bid for the mountain. had we failed i would have gifted the town closest to GONG and forced SABER to DOW GONG too. But our warrior won and so we how have absolute control and have denied them landing sites.

Council/Free is closing in on IA and their free techs. A few turns after they enter IA GONG will gift us GLib town and we gain all the techs and share them with GONG.

But our warrior won and so we how have absolute control and have denied them landing sites.
AND war happiness for us. :woohoo:

Council/Free is closing in on IA and their free techs. A few turns after they enter IA GONG will gift us GLib town and we gain all the techs and share them with GONG.
Now I understand. Thank you, Wotan...for the info and for playing the turns. :goodjob:

After having removed the SABER Warrior last turn and made the island secure we are now in a position of controlling every coast tile on all islands with units. So apart from Council bombardments we are free from any aggressive action.

The war with SABER might be over before it even started. Chamnix sent a peace offer in the save and I accepted. Very decent of him (SABER). I guess the fraka caused by Cyc had a role to play in this. Obviously there is discussion going on within SABER about the not so smart move by Cyc of being abusive in the common thread.

Maybe it is time to put a stop to the anti SABER feelings started early in the game when they lined their shores and fully focus on FREE/Council? Council/FREE still in MA so the next checkpoint in the game, GLib gambit is still some turns from being played out. And after that the next highlight will probably be Marines. A very boring game indeed but there are obviously several ppl here that enjoy watching paint dry? :p

A few pics of our lands: Mainland and "SABER" island

"Council" island

BABE island

I think if we can get a 3 vs 2 it's in our best interest. Once we break that duo this game changes quite a bit imo.

Wotan seems to be on AWOL and the others are waiting for us to play the turn. Could those who posted in the thread (the new UN discussion) play and send to them

Have sent resources to GONG now. The GLIb swap is imminent I guess, both FREE and Council is in IA.

Is Gong aware of what's happening? Have we talked to them?

Yes, we swapped maps last turn and can now trade resources since they have magnetism.

Wotan if you want when i get back to uni i can give you a hand with the turnplaying/take over. I only say that long as i dont think i have a c3c disc on me.

you are welcome to take it any time. But honestly there is not much value in picking it up. I have done nothing to develop the position. So it is in really bad shape and a losing battle. I have invited GONG to find a replacement and transfer any player(s) to BABE. Or to transfer all asssets to them (after the next tech is researched and gifted.)

you are welcome to take it any time. But honestly there is not much value in picking it up. I have done nothing to develop the position. So it is in really bad shape and a losing battle. I have invited GONG to find a replacement and transfer any player(s) to BABE. Or to transfer all asssets to them (after the next tech is researched and gifted.)

Well just give me a general outline of who/what/where/why and i should be able to cover the turns. I don't mind playing it out- playing out a dead civ seems to be what im good at!

donsig said:
BTW, BABE and GONG must be at war - BABE has already captured one GONG city.
I'm hardly even on CFC lately, but I saw the above quote in the UN forum. Somehow it seems unlikely that we're at war with GONG, and donsig is trying to stir one up. I'm guessing it more likely that the GONG city was gifted as part of a transfer of assets deal.

That's purely supposition on my part, but I hate to see anyone from another team trying to confuse the issue to their own advantage. :mischief:

Good luck, BCLG! and thanks for hanging in there so long, Wotan!

Thanks for playing the turn BCLG! I am finally home after a killer week so it feels good the turn has been processed. I'll take the back seat now and let you run with it. ;)

Im moving house next week between thursday and saturday, if a save comes in then would someone mind grabbing it?

I'll grab it Simon.

Cheers, theres really not much to know- if you see any glaring mistakes im making feel free to change it.

Right now we should be researching refining i think.

Top Bottom