Turns 160 - 169

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
1000 AD

Loco "sees" our fleet and suspecting they are the target has closed the border. Their norther warrior has run off into the woods to try and harass us later and an axe has left their south western frontier to help their defenders.

Loco could not have seen our fleet so Epsilon caravel must have told them about it. Loco's message refered to allies, so this could be a big mess.

Speaking of allies, should we tell Aloha that things are about to blow up?

Epsilon has just discovered Gunpowder by the way.

Settler in 3, still need to pick a spot.

Our Epsilonian scout has discoverd a new island.

Speaking of allies, should we tell Aloha that things are about to blow up?

I'll tell BCLG100 if you want. He's online at the moment.

"To all people under Sirian,

For 5000 years this world has been living in peace and harmony. No blood has been shed except that of the barbarians. While we have enjoyed this Age of Friendship, all good things must come to an end.

Understand that this is not the wish of the Innovian people, but that we have no choice. For the past many years our brahmins have received many revelations from Shiva the Destroyer, who told us that a certain nation is making plans to betray us and our Hinduistic religion, and that we must take up arms if neccesary.

When it came to pass that the land of Loco closed their borders to us and turned away our longstanding friendship under the claim of supposed hostility, we knew that they were the nation Vishnu had spoken about.

As such the land of Innovia hereby declares a state of war with the land of Loco.

To serve the world spectators we managed to get interviews with various members of the innovian parliament shortly after the decision had been made:

{quotes}

Theoden,
Foreign Minister of Innovia"

Tell me what you all think. :) Also, I need a suggestion for the topic title. And I was thinking everybody could make a comment that would go where it currently says {quotes}.

You could look at wikiquote

Some quotes that I liked:

You might as well appeal against the thunder-storm as against these terrible hardships of war. They are inevitable, and the only way the people of [Innovia] can hope once more to live in peace and quiet at home, is to stop the war, which can only be done by admitting that it began in error and is perpetuated in pride.

Let us make war, since evidently, you have found peace intolerable.

How good music and bad reasons sound when one marches against an enemy!

Three cheers for war in general.

War is just one more big government program.

War is much more fun when you're winning!!

I like the idea of quotes from each of us, but for my $0.02, I played a game a while ago with a group who turned out to be A-holes; so I just want to be sure that our stories don't get taken personally. For the declaration itself I'd rather not try and blame Loco and just be more matter of fact.

I had been working on a story idea but didn't get very far yet. Any one want to try and help out?

The declaration itself has been long but that doesn't matter, for words on paper could never rival the momentusness of the Innovian Armada's presence.

In 1020 AD the Pax Demogamiun was broken when 40,000 soldiers and sailers aboard 200 ships ignored Locotopian protests and entered it’s coastal waters.

The reasons for such an action wheather correct or in error are lost to history. It can be assumed that the Innovians had carefully prepared and justified their reasons, which must have been somewhat reasonable and persuasive. The Locotopians, also with correct justification, elected to resist. So it was that war became a fact to be dealt with by the varrious civialians who had to accommodate their lives and dreams to its existence.

For the declaration itself I'd rather not try and blame Loco and just be more matter of fact.

There are no facts in history, as it's written by the victorious surviving party. :p
I think that Theodens suggestion is better role-playing wise.

For the declaration itself I'd rather not try and blame Loco and just be more matter of fact.
You mean in the official notice or in the private letter to Loco?

I like your idea of writing the history. Could this be our answer to Aloha's and Epsilon's news?

You mean in the official notice or in the private letter to Loco?

I like your idea of writing the history. Could this be our answer to Aloha's and Epsilon's news?

I thought the response was really funny, but don't know if anyone else will get the humor. I would just leave it out. I'd say lets make no response to Loco until next turn when we have to break it to them.

I usually post stories along with the combat reports in the turn tracker. Something like this could get posted with next turn:

Ali al-Din was glad to be off the ships, he was proud to be part of the most powerful army ever assembled, he was excited to be on such an adventure, but he was also home sick. The gleaming city in the valley bellow reminded him of home and he let his thoughts drift off to his sister, his parents even his dog, anything to not think of carnage that was about to replace the prosperous bustling city in the valley below.

we could start a seperate thread to not spam the turntracker.

How about that I post my suggested official war declaration as a new thread, but at the bottom I'll add something like "OOC: blah blah it's a friendly game we don't mean it personally"?

Then, as Dutch suggested, as another thread and as the equivalent of Aloha news we write our history book. Either that or just do it in the turn tracker.

edit: and I'll take the trash if someone gets pissed, since it's my dry humour that would be the trigger. :)

That sounds good to me.

I also found the response to Loco pretty funny. :)

By the way, it could be that Loco are bluffing with their mentioning of "allies". You'd say the same thing in this situation, whether or not you actually had them. But in any event, I think we still need to be extremely cautious of an Epsilonian sea invasion by Galleons.

I like the idea of quotes from each of us, but for my $0.02, I played a game a while ago with a group who turned out to be A-holes; so I just want to be sure that our stories don't get taken personally. (..)
I'm around to smother any personal problems generated by the C4 MTDG. I see that as part of my task.

War Declared!

Posted in the turn tracker:
"In 1010 AD the Pax Demogamiun was broken when the 200 ship Innovian Armada landed an army of 32,000 soldiers on Locotopian shores."

Loco is scrambling to put up some defense. A city attacker axeman and a city defender longbow have just moved in with the warrior. I expect they will rush another longbow next turn. That’s better than I expected but won't be good enough. I'd like to take the city next turn, but may spend two turns on it to avoid excessive casualties.

Loco's civics are Republic, Bureaucracy, Slavery, Mercantile, and Organized Religion. (Will their civics change if we capture Pyramids?)

Good news, Piffle's caravel has sailed out of range of our fleet. Bad news, they got gunpowder.

In Magadan: Settler in 2, Worker next?
In Polynesia: Grocer done, started bank
In Tropicana: Granary done, started courthouse
Chowderton: Camel done, started longbow
Glassport: Camel done, catapult started

Science temporarily bumped to 80%, will finish Optics in 2, but costing 14 gpt.

Yes, their civics will change (at least, that happened last time I lost the Pyramids.) We might want to check it in worldbuilder though.
I think it might be good to set up a worldbuildersave for analyzing the best way to attack their city.

Innovian History Book 2050 AD said:
On the last days of the first millennium a party of gigantic proportions was thrown on the beaches of B&O. The Locopotamian had spend all their efforts on making these festivities optimal. They had imported snacks from Aloha, the Leaders favourite drinks from Epsilon Eridani, the finest Innovian sugar was used on cakes that were bigger than camels. There were even a few huge Pyramids erected.

The party was indeed the best party ever seen on Earth. The joy (and alcohol) from the party ran through the veins of most locals for many years. But this sweet dream was quickly ended ten years later. A huge fleet consisting of thousands of sailors, soldiers and camels, all packed together on wooden ships, landed east of the city. After they landed the soldiers immediately started looting the remains of the party in the countryside. The left-over food was enough to support them for 10 years, and when they ran out of food, they marched into the city itself and burned it down to the ground. This was the first, lethal, blow delivered by the Innovian forces, and it marked the beginning of the current prosperity in Innovia.

That's great Dutch. I'm working on some little stories also. I'll just change them a little to match your facts and we'll put it all in a histroy thread on the main forum. It'll be cool building on each others articles, kind of like an NES.

Here is a world builder save of the attack to play with until we get the save. Is there anyway to set the unit fortify bonuses?

EDIT: updated save on next page.

Top Bottom