1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 160-179

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by killercane, Jul 25, 2006.

1. dl123654

dl123654 King

The Gems request was in the 162 save email but it was vague as to why I was sending them and I was unsure why we are sending them so I send them unaccepted.

The settler they talk about is on his way to TNT's old capital site, I thought it would be a nice gesture to claim that square, the settler can be withdrawn because a city there won't help us much more then a city somewhere else ICS'ed. Likewise I have not heard anything about Dancing Bananas being traded over.

Anyone know why we are sending them Gems, and the land arrangement?

As they said we have to hammer out this treaty.

2. killercane

killercane Deity

Gems was a freebie. How long do we have on our spice deal or whatever with them? We should just do that straight across without giving them 15 gpt. Or have them give 15 gpt for the gems to even out our deals.

DB is on the line of that proposed territory agreement. I told Bede we didnt care if they desperately wanted it (they were withholding MT at the time). It would be nice to pop a settler out of there first.

I say we go ahead and agree to the land deal and the proposed tech agreement outlined above by DL; by the time we get to that MIA should be gone and it will be up to each other to do their own research.

3. dl123654

dl123654 King

The spices for 15gpt can be canceled at any time IIRC.

Poping a settler out of DB will take one more turn, its a good idea though.

4. dl123654

dl123654 King

I just had a look at the save, I think that the Gems were going to be traded for Dyes because we lost Dyes on the turn they lost the Gems. The spices deal can also be canceled at any time, however we had 1 city riot and other fixed.

Also KISS has not researched Banking or Physics, therefore I don't see how a technology treaty is possible, considering they need 4 techs to get to the Industrial Age.

Robi D can you ask KISS about this situation to see if we will get Dyes back from them, see how we are going to combined research if they are so far behind in techs and find some common grounds on land boarders and us holding the city for one more turn for a settler. I will hold off playing for as long as I can until you get a response.

5. killercane

killercane Deity

We owe KISS all of those techs under the Simpsons Protocols. There is no violation of the treaty with MIA since it has been ten turns since we received Physics (10 turn waiting period). This is our payment in return for CHemistry, Guns, Metallurgy, MT, etc. I guess we need to do two separate deals, the first gifting up to physics and the second sending ToG and Magnetism. And get the luxes back.

6. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

I think you should take over as Foreign Minister killercane. Let's face it TNT are dead[party] , MIA won't talk to us anymore:p and you have more chats with KISS then i do :)

7. dl123654

dl123654 King

Turn 164 (440AD):

Sent KISS Gems, didn't send them techs though to give the impression that we aren't working with KISS, we can send them all in one turn when we get to the Industrial Age
    Never Again rioted (was fine last turn) checked ahead and stopped other riots, the only thing I can think of is the stoping of the war:confused:
    Barnpolis Bar->Musket
    Chocolate Frosted Settler->Settler
    Settler rushed in Dancing Bananas
    Found Cattaraugus Warrior

See a MIA Galleon off Apple Crumb coast, rushed 3 cav in the area for if they land
    Most military on their way home
    Some going to Eureka Stockage boarder (MIA's city on our island)
    And left a few in the north

Because of a mistake on my part the settler in the north is now further into KISS's territory

Currently 30 gold +230gpt Mag in 2 turns

PS: Someone should send KISS a small message explaining the Settler, Gems and technology and MIA's Galleon

Attached Files:

8. killercane

killercane Deity

We are missing dyes from KISS that is why there are unhappies all over.

9. dl123654

dl123654 King

We were missing them last turn too

10. killercane

killercane Deity

Hmm dont know then. We have a couple deals that are expiring right about now I believe, but dont know the cause of unhappiness currently.

11. dl123654

dl123654 King

Turn 165 (450AD):
    KISS sent Dyes
    Dancing Banana Settler
    Cinnamon Cav->Court
    Strawberry Cav->Lib
    Donut Filling Cav->Lib
    Tiao Worker->Worker
    Homer's Special Worker->Worker
    TNT's Cage Worker->Worker
    Robi's Bakery Warrior->Warrior

Sent Dancing Banana to tranfer over to KISS
    Mag in 1 turn with +219gpt

12. dl123654

dl123654 King

Turn 166 (460AD):
    Industral Age :dance:
    Barbarian uprising near Kiohero, was going to kill that camp this turn
    Springfield Musket->Cav
    Sweet Settler->Court
    Spurgos Worker->Worker

Couldn't get Nat in 4 turns no matter what I did, therefore it is in 5 with -79gpt with 100% sci, currently 468 in the bank
    Sent KISS technology
    Killed 2 barbarians

Foreign:
    Sending KISS a message that we have started on Nationalism and for them to start SP on Turn 167

Military:
    Using our Cav and MW I expanded the coast blockade on our west, MIA will now need at least 2 turns to get to us, planing to station boats outside to for extra vision, sent some units for an east blockade, although it won't be as large

Warrior production is slow but they are expanding the blockade also, need more in the east

Was thinking we use the army for a defensive army of rifles (or inf if we wait that long), that way we have a beachhead if we decide to invade MIA

Was also thinking of using some deception, was thinking of building some pirate ships, sail them north out of sight of MIA and come from the north by KISS's boarder, then disrupt MIA's shiping lanes and do some coastal bombardment, have already cleared it with RegentMan as to how battle logs are handled and we can hide our nationality, any thoughts on an idea like this

Attached Files:

13. killercane

killercane Deity

Don't forget to start bringing workers back to the core to rail those tiles first. The pirate ship idea is a pretty good one since they have enslavement. If they whack a full galleon then they will be a good return on the investment.

If we assume that MIA rails from their core to the KISS border, I like the idea of a defensive army of rifles. I would like to hide the troops in the deep water south of MIA's capital however, and then drop in on them right by Athens on the hill. Other troops to capture that city off our west coast and hold it against the knights or cavs or whatever they throw at us. We need enough defenders to hold that for at least 3 turns for walls/barracks. Hopefully MIA will go to war with KISS and burn some units before we do this.

I'm thinking of sending a message to MIA clearing things up that we did not trade with MIA, we merely received technology from them, and didnt break our treaty in any way, since we waited 10 turns to exchange techs. And remind them we have a peace deal til turn 177/assure them of our good intentions... ;. any objections?

14. dl123654

dl123654 King

Good ideas on the MIA message and recalling workers

Turn 167 (470AD):
    Never Again Market->Lib
    Chocolate Glazed Settler->Settler
    Glazed Gingerbread Settler->Settler
    Salty Nuts Warrior-Warrior
    Kawauka Worker->Worker
    Kente Worker->Worker

Techs sent to KISS
    Workers are finishing builds, helping other builds and going home
    Science at 90%, Nat in 4 with -51gpt

15. killercane

killercane Deity

Some nitpickery (hey its easier to do when you arent playing! and more eyes help with a large empire): Donut Filling should not build a library and keep on exclusively building units since it will be done away with once we have sanitation. Spears in Chocolate and Krispy Kreme can help out with a blockade somewhere; better to have them closer to the front. And there is a settler mining by Cawabunga who should be irrigating. A courthouse in Strawberry may give a better benefit than the library.

Everything else looks good. When Krispy Kreme finishes its Uni and a barracks, a prebuild for a factory (assuming we go to Industrialization after getting steam from KISS) would fit nicely. Its almost to 20 shields so it would take 8 turns for the prebuild, and then can produce 50 shields or so once it is railroaded. I think it is the best site for a ToE prebuild if that is the plan.

16. Robi D

Looking at the latest edition of MIA's newspaper it looks like MIA has gone to war with KISS

17. killercane

killercane Deity

They dealt a good blow first round. Where the hell are the KISS troops at?

Dear Donuts:

The situation is desperate and the end may be near for us. MIA has breached our frontier, taken two lux cities, our saltpeter and destroyed 7 cities. They are two turns from our core. Rails and cavs, as you know, are quite a potent combination.

Here are the options.
    We will abandon our remaining cities and you can shoot it out with them for the balance of the game.
    or
    You declare on them now and send us one of the two saltpeters under your control since we have none.

You probably don't stand a chance if you try this alone but it's your call.

Yours truly,

Team K.I.S.S.

18. Emp. Killyouall

Emp. Killyouall EVIL Emperor

Ok... Commie switch as soon as we get it and start :whipped: units in our ICS...

What have they been doing? building, dare I say, INFRASTRUCTURE?!

19. dl123654

dl123654 King

This was an unseen turn of events.

Don't we have a guranteed peace treaty with MIA currently.

We too are not ready for if MIA decides to attack us, next turn will be switching many builds to units unless there is strong opposition to it (don't think anyone will be against it).

Not sure if we should help KISS or not, technically we don't have a peace agreement with them currently, however we have been friends with them the entire game and don't like going against MIA for space race or conquest.

We currently don't have any galleons (only one boat in range) to transport troops and no defensive boats currently.

We need to consider how to approach this very carefully and I suggest we at least get an extension for the next turnset.

20. Robi D

We should make the point to KISS that we would like to help them but we have absoultely nothing to help them with. Lets face it we would need a good 15 to 20 turns to get things going. They are going to have to hold on for a while