1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 160-179

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by killercane, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

There is no reason to declare war on MIA now. Currently we can't do nothing to help them.

I would recommend KISS to abandon near all home continent cities. Transport some units to our continent, pillage everything they can, disband all workers. They can block their coast so MIA won't able to land units. Naturally MIA can't send units trough our lands.

With KISS's new core on our continent they can do some research and help us win this. They would be Vassal State for us.

On tech front After Nationalism comes in. Research Steam Power do it fast. So we can smoothly swift units as were needed.

2. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

Sun Tzu's Art of War is still available.

3. Aigburth

Aigburth Sea Dog

We should send them nationism as soon as we have it should they decide to stay and fight.

[Edit] Also, we should send them our spare saltpeter.

4. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

I have replied to whomps message. I told them that we have a peace agreement with MIA until 177. I also told them regardless of this that we are in no position to help militarily anyway as we have minimal troops and no boats and that i suspect the only reason we didn't get attacked too was due to the peace agreement. I told them that we are on a full war footing as of now and have switched all production to military. Finally i wished them luck and told them to hang in there that we will send anything we can as it comes to hand.

Personally i get the feeling this has happened because we backed out of sending MIA Military tradition. They have worked out they were in a 2 on 1 researched it themselves and attacked asap. It was on KISS's insistance that we didn't send it so in effect they have probably brought this on themselves. The problem is now that we are going down with them. There is no way MIA will make a deal with us now, especially considering they have crushed KISS so far. I can guarantee you MIA have galleons off our coast full of troops ready to go when 177 comes around. Send KISS anything we can spare like the saltpeter. After that we need riflemen and boat fast, really fast otherwise we wont be far behind KISS.

5. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

We could always liberate our entire contient......

6. Robi D

That would be right before MIA liberate it off us? The fact is for better or worse we have made our bed. We need to support KISS to our maximum ability without compromising our defences. If KISS is gone then MIA are free to focus solely on us and they have a hell of a head start. Like i said once we hit turn 177 i'd be looking out for the galleons on the horizon

7. killercane

killercane Deity

Can we trade world maps and screenshots and such now? What to do with the army? Rifles? Should we drop some expendable troops such as warriors or something to gum up MIA's movement through KISS territory?

Rails north and south and east and west should be our goal to handle any invasion. Cannons and cavalry are what we need more of.

8. Robi D

Can we cancel the wines deal to MIA as well. Also with galleon they can hit any coastal city without notice which gives them quite an advantage if we don't have rails in place.

9. killercane

killercane Deity

Here is the battle report from their turn.

(Whomp)
    We will bring them down and turn this "motherf'er" into the mother of all guerilla warfares. They will rue the day and we'll make sure you win this game and not them. Here's the damage so far...

MIA
    cavs lost: 10
    MI lost: 6

6 1/4 cavs
    4 2/4 cavs
    7 3/4 cavs
    2 3/5 cav
    11 4/4 cavs (a few of these attacked an undefended city and therefore can't attack again)
    ____
    30 left

1 5/5 knight

2 4/4 MI
    1 3/4 MI
    1 2/4 MI

KISS
    Cavs lost: 11
    Muskets: 6
    MI: 4 check
    LB: 2 check
    pikeman: 1
    cannons: 5
    workers: 5
    settlers: 1

9 cities lost.

10. Robi D

Just had a talk with Whomp. If your wondering what MIA think of us, this is the part fe3333au snipped out of his message in the condolence thread

11. xyourxmomxcorex

xyourxmomxcorex Pwnage

I've been gone for almost 6 months, could someone summorize what happened?

12. dl123654

dl123654 King

TNT is gone, MIA sneaked attacked KISS last turn (turn 167) and are almost at their core, we have peace with MIA until turn 177 at which point we think they are going to attack us too. We are preparing for this starting next turn.

13. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

@dl123654

Keep our University builds going. Libraries can be switched to units/barracks. We need more settlers, workers and cavalry.

14. dl123654

dl123654 King

Save is in along with this message and treaty:

Save message:
    The treaty was sent on the 8th and it is too small to be read.

If anyone has and last advice before I play post it, will be playing at 10PM EST (currently 4:40PM here)

Attached Files:

15. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Do not accept the cities K.I.S.S. has gifted you. K.I.S.S. did not ask if the gift was okay, and it violates Rule 1.8.

16. dl123654

dl123654 King

Turn 168 (480AD):

Didn't accept their offer of two cities

Shelbyville Lib->Cav
    Crunch Uni->Pivate

Our silks are connected but we lost a 2 luxs from KISS, Ivory hooked up in 3 turns

Cancel Gems to MIA
    Cancel Wines for Ivory to MIA

Sent Accepted Saltpeter and Incense

Noticed we are average military compared to KISS

Changed some productions to Cav, water cities change to pirates to intersept any Greek ships out there

Killed a barbarian camp for 25gold

Barbarians in the north make a settler go south, seven left

Found a city (Jungle Jen)

Lib and Uni have Nationalism in 3 turns, science at 80% with +28gpt

17. killercane

killercane Deity

How hard are the barbs going to hit us? Do we need to spend all our gold?

KISS really should have told us about those cities before just sending them along with the save.

18. dl123654

dl123654 King

:wallbash: should have done that, we had a few units in the area so we might be ok

19. Robi D

We have got this letter from MIA

The way i see it they are in part trying to get information and in part looking for a way to extend the peace deal with us, although they don't say it directly. Obviously now that they have had more time to think about things there cautious nature is kicking in and they are thinking of take KISS out first, before turning their attention on us. In my opinion we should not give them that comfort

20. killercane

killercane Deity

Should we even give them a reply at all? What is our stance towards them? I doubt they trust us AT ALL so is anything to be gained by making friendly talk?