1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 160-179

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by killercane, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

That depends, maybe by responding and saying we will be coming for them at the end of our treaty might make give them something to think about. It would put us in the firing line but we are pretty much there as it is anyway.

2. dl123654

dl123654 King

Last turn I canceled both lux agreements with MIA, which I'm sure hurt them. We are currently at 5 lux, a sixth (ivory) in 3 turns, at size 12 we don't need more then six lux as long as there is no other unhappyness. The idea of "outbiding" is interesting, does this mean the gems for spices should be gems for spices + something else because a 1 for 1 trade would be what we would have been doing with KISS.

3. killercane

killercane Deity

From Whomp:

We've lost everything on our continent including Leo's. By not being able to gift those two cities they walked into all of the others and wiped out every unit we had left (without a loss).

Should we split the cash we earn with you and let you go steam or should we go steam?
    -----------
    How in the world could they have let that happen? They could have at least pillaged some roads and such. Lets get ready to fight MIA then. We cant let them get a foothold on our continent. Let them land their cavs and whack them. We need to take Leos and destroy it somehow. If we can raze that city and their capital the war will be a success.

With KISS just basically gifting their cities to MIA, the only way I see of winning this is stealing tech and maybe going communism.

4. dl123654

dl123654 King

We can have steam in 4 turns after we finish nationalism in 2 turn from turn 169. If they feel they can finish it in less and be still alive then have them do it, otherwise money would be nice, another alterative would be to ask if they can do medicine for us if steam is out of the question.

5. dl123654

dl123654 King

The save is in, while I was on google saw this message:

PS: As for the save, it looks like KISS lost all their cities on their island, I can't see any KISS cities over there, and the barbarians didn't attack, instead they went after KISS' cities (poor KISS).

6. dl123654

dl123654 King

Turn 169 (490AD):
    Springfield Pirate->Galleon
    Chocolate Uni->Cav
    The Hole Worker->Worker
    St. Regis Worker->Worker
    Kiohero Warrior->Warrior

We are now strong compared to KISS, MIA also has about 40 of KISS' workers and about 15 treb/cannons
    Still weak to MIA

KISS now needs Wines and Horses, send those also

MIA does now own Leo

I think the power graph says it all (Picture 1)

Found TNT's Final City in the north with the TNT settler

Sent our first pirate ship south of our capital, didn't see anyone

Just incase barbarians attack next turn bought the university in Sugar (a city with a barrack), leaving 20 gold, would have been another 9 turns

Currently 20 gold, Nationalism in 2, +30gpt

Attached Files:

7. Robi D

How does this sound as a letter of reply to MIA

Btw dl, i don't think there is any point building galleon, There is no KISS over there to go a save, we need lots and lots of frigates and iron clads when we get steam.

8. Robi D

For some reason i can't get the save to work. How close are MIA to the domination victory?

9. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

As I said KISS should abandon all their home continent cities.

10. Robi D

They don't have any left to abandon. I must say it makes our efforts against TNT look really bad when MIA can take half a continent in 4 or 5 turns

11. killercane

killercane Deity

I would estimate MIA at 45% or so land. They would need a sizeable part of our continent to do the trick. The real problem is with their size they can do 4 turn research no problem. This means infantry within 8 turns.

12. Robi D

MIA having infantry isn't really an issue since we wont be in a position to attack them for a while. We need to work out ways of keeping them off our continent, because if they get a decent foothold we will be in trouble. We should cut the roads around their silk city. Should i send the letter above to them or not

13. dl123654

dl123654 King

Letter looks good to me, the problem with cutting the roads to the silk city is we would lose silks and our gunpowder also iirc.

Currently MIA can out research us to any tech, the only two opitions too keep up I see currently are raze their capital or to start stealing techs.

The first I can see us being able to do, turn 177 is 8 turns away, if we land a rifle or even inf army over there along with some cav right when they start to attack KISS on our island I think we have a shot at razing their capital.

Stealing techs I see as be hope for luck and prepare for a counter attack.

We need the ironclad tech to use ironclads therefore I don't see us having any, that leaves us with frigates, galleons and pirates. I will be continuing to build galleons every once and awhile, we need a quick attack sooner rather then later to prevent MIA from running away with this.

BTW has anyone sent KISS something with what to research, we will need to know by turn 171.

14. Robi D

MIA's reply..

and this is what i sent back

15. Robi D

Btw, do we have an ROP with KISS in the game. If not send one along. Also i was thinking of a few things to give us the edge over MIA, first we can get KISS to take the silk city off MIA. And second we should use the fact that there is two of us and try to minimise the corruption. Maybe we can gift KISS a few cities in the far north.

16. dl123654

dl123654 King

We have a ROP with KISS IIRC.

KISS has been trying to take that city, their Gal went near it and retreated away into our land after being attacked by a MI. They currently have a cav on the way and if MIA ventures out to get the Gal I will block them from getting back. Our MW are in the area around their city and can invade on a moments notice.

I don't like the idea of giving KISS cities, it just feels like we would be giving MIA more cities, even if KISS kept them it would take them 20-40 turns to get libs and markets there, I would say have KISS research something out of the way (medicine would be a good example) at their own pace and gift it to us when they are done, while we ICS that area for as many 10 research cities as can fit not to mention for the unit upkeep.

17. Zorn

Zorn Prince

I would give them cities.
    MIA is ahead in tech, developement and landmass.
    And they demonstrated impressively that they are very able players.
    The only andvantage we have over them is that we can have two cores. If we don`t use this advantage, I can`t see us winning this.

18. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

We must begin to steal techs from MIA.

dl123654, switch Krispy Kreme to Palace prebuild for Intelligency Agency.

Here is the reason. Stealing tech costs 1200-1800 gp IIRC. Self research price for the IA tech is 3000-5000 beakers. Quite a difference!

19. dl123654

dl123654 King

I agree on the stealing.

May I suggest we have an invasion force in place before we start just in case they declare war over it.

On the topic of techs do we know what KISS is researching currently?

20. killercane

killercane Deity

I'm sure they are researching Nationalism. That would give them the most benefit right now. I think we should take the risk on a safe steal as it will get us steam quicker, though if we fail it will only set us back 3 more turns until we can try again. Is it a 5 turn tech to research or 6? How much is steal cost currently for what I would think is an undefended capital?