Turns 160-179

That depends, maybe by responding and saying we will be coming for them at the end of our treaty might make give them something to think about. It would put us in the firing line but we are pretty much there as it is anyway.

Last turn I canceled both lux agreements with MIA, which I'm sure hurt them. We are currently at 5 lux, a sixth (ivory) in 3 turns, at size 12 we don't need more then six lux as long as there is no other unhappyness. The idea of "outbiding" is interesting, does this mean the gems for spices should be gems for spices + something else because a 1 for 1 trade would be what we would have been doing with KISS.

From Whomp:

We've lost everything on our continent including Leo's. By not being able to gift those two cities they walked into all of the others and wiped out every unit we had left (without a loss).

Should we split the cash we earn with you and let you go steam or should we go steam?
-----------
How in the world could they have let that happen? They could have at least pillaged some roads and such. Lets get ready to fight MIA then. We cant let them get a foothold on our continent. Let them land their cavs and whack them. We need to take Leos and destroy it somehow. If we can raze that city and their capital the war will be a success.

With KISS just basically gifting their cities to MIA, the only way I see of winning this is stealing tech and maybe going communism.

We can have steam in 4 turns after we finish nationalism in 2 turn from turn 169. If they feel they can finish it in less and be still alive then have them do it, otherwise money would be nice, another alterative would be to ask if they can do medicine for us if steam is out of the question.

The save is in, while I was on google saw this message:

Hi!
This is not an official letter from team KISS but my personal view on
the situation. Although we're shocked by MIA's recent intrusion and
will suffer greatly for some time, we're not by any means waving the
white flag. If You and Us stick together throughout this we will be
the last teams standing. We will be reduced landwise, maybe even have
to leave our home continent for a while, but we will not be erased if
Doughnuts back us up. It's all in your hands ATM. IMHO your best shot
at the overall victory is to whack those Greeks in alliance with KISS.
When we have completed that mission you will prolly be in a healthier
condition than us, we will have to accept that. For KISS to have a
fair shot in the coming space race, I would like us to agree on the
future land division of Greece. We have been allowed a nice chunk of
land at your place. Would it be fair to split the green continent in
the same way, i.e. Doughnuts gets the SW of MIA land (which would
include Athens)? Such an agreement would make it easier to pull of a
honorable head to head SS. That would be a great way to finish a great
game.
You can reply on mail, or just bring it up on IM with the other KISSers.

All The Best

Daghdha

Defiant Celt

PS: As for the save, it looks like KISS lost all their cities on their island, I can't see any KISS cities over there, and the barbarians didn't attack, instead they went after KISS' cities (poor KISS).

Turn 169 (490AD):
Springfield Pirate->Galleon
Chocolate Uni->Cav
The Hole Worker->Worker
St. Regis Worker->Worker
Kiohero Warrior->Warrior

We are now strong compared to KISS, MIA also has about 40 of KISS' workers and about 15 treb/cannons
Still weak to MIA

KISS now needs Wines and Horses, send those also

MIA does now own Leo

I think the power graph says it all (Picture 1)

Found TNT's Final City in the north with the TNT settler

Sent our first pirate ship south of our capital, didn't see anyone

Just incase barbarians attack next turn bought the university in Sugar (a city with a barrack), leaving 20 gold, would have been another 9 turns

Currently 20 gold, Nationalism in 2, +30gpt

Attachments

• Power.JPG
    Power.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 94
How does this sound as a letter of reply to MIA

Dear MIA,

We are well aware of your feelings towards us, i believe fe familiar with these words.
Oh and PS.
We are unhappy, and frustrated, by your recent dealings with the "Dark Side" across the water

Do not expect any deals to be renewed when they expire. I will remind you we have a peace treaty until turn 177.

Robi D, F.M. Doughnutia

Btw dl, i don't think there is any point building galleon, There is no KISS over there to go a save, we need lots and lots of frigates and iron clads when we get steam.

For some reason i can't get the save to work. How close are MIA to the domination victory?

Kuningas said:
As I said KISS should abandon all their home continent cities.

They don't have any left to abandon. I must say it makes our efforts against TNT look really bad when MIA can take half a continent in 4 or 5 turns

I would estimate MIA at 45% or so land. They would need a sizeable part of our continent to do the trick. The real problem is with their size they can do 4 turn research no problem. This means infantry within 8 turns.

MIA having infantry isn't really an issue since we wont be in a position to attack them for a while. We need to work out ways of keeping them off our continent, because if they get a decent foothold we will be in trouble. We should cut the roads around their silk city. Should i send the letter above to them or not

Letter looks good to me, the problem with cutting the roads to the silk city is we would lose silks and our gunpowder also iirc.

Currently MIA can out research us to any tech, the only two opitions too keep up I see currently are raze their capital or to start stealing techs.

The first I can see us being able to do, turn 177 is 8 turns away, if we land a rifle or even inf army over there along with some cav right when they start to attack KISS on our island I think we have a shot at razing their capital.

Stealing techs I see as be hope for luck and prepare for a counter attack.

We need the ironclad tech to use ironclads therefore I don't see us having any, that leaves us with frigates, galleons and pirates. I will be continuing to build galleons every once and awhile, we need a quick attack sooner rather then later to prevent MIA from running away with this.

BTW has anyone sent KISS something with what to research, we will need to know by turn 171.

MIA's reply..

Doughnuts

Well finally your dealings are made transparent. What no explanation offering excuses to breaking your word and trading technologies with KISS ???

I guess it is very difficult to fabricate these things eh?

Nevermind we have been aware of your untrustworthiness for some time now.

Never fear, we unlike others will honour our word. But answer me this ... If one signatory breaks a section of an Agreement, does that not render the entire document null and void?

Sincerely

Feaurius III
MIA Foreign Minister

and this is what i sent back

MIA,

Why should i sit hear and make excuses when the agreement was not broken.

As for untrustworthiness, people in glass houses should not throw stones. Don't think the fact escaped us that you continued to send TNT assistance during our war with them during the term of our treaty. Unlike you we don't look for loop hole in treaties we make, so excuse us for not holding your "honour" in high regard.

Robi D
Foreign Minister, Doughnutia

Btw, do we have an ROP with KISS in the game. If not send one along. Also i was thinking of a few things to give us the edge over MIA, first we can get KISS to take the silk city off MIA. And second we should use the fact that there is two of us and try to minimise the corruption. Maybe we can gift KISS a few cities in the far north.

We have a ROP with KISS IIRC.

KISS has been trying to take that city, their Gal went near it and retreated away into our land after being attacked by a MI. They currently have a cav on the way and if MIA ventures out to get the Gal I will block them from getting back. Our MW are in the area around their city and can invade on a moments notice.

I don't like the idea of giving KISS cities, it just feels like we would be giving MIA more cities, even if KISS kept them it would take them 20-40 turns to get libs and markets there, I would say have KISS research something out of the way (medicine would be a good example) at their own pace and gift it to us when they are done, while we ICS that area for as many 10 research cities as can fit not to mention for the unit upkeep.

I would give them cities.
MIA is ahead in tech, developement and landmass.
And they demonstrated impressively that they are very able players.
The only andvantage we have over them is that we can have two cores. If we don`t use this advantage, I can`t see us winning this.

We must begin to steal techs from MIA.

dl123654, switch Krispy Kreme to Palace prebuild for Intelligency Agency.

Here is the reason. Stealing tech costs 1200-1800 gp IIRC. Self research price for the IA tech is 3000-5000 beakers. Quite a difference!

Kuningas said:
We must begin to steal techs from MIA.

dl123654, switch Krispy Kreme to Palace prebuild for Intelligency Agency.

Here is the reason. Stealing tech costs 1200-1800 gp IIRC. Self research price for the IA tech is 3000-5000 beakers. Quite a difference!

I agree on the stealing.

May I suggest we have an invasion force in place before we start just in case they declare war over it.

On the topic of techs do we know what KISS is researching currently?

I'm sure they are researching Nationalism. That would give them the most benefit right now. I think we should take the risk on a safe steal as it will get us steam quicker, though if we fail it will only set us back 3 more turns until we can try again. Is it a 5 turn tech to research or 6? How much is steal cost currently for what I would think is an undefended capital?

Top Bottom