1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 160-179

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by killercane, Jul 25, 2006.

1. dl123654

dl123654 King

We can have Steam in 4 turns if we wanted it.

Before we can steal we would need an embassy first, a safe steal would succeed 52% of the time based on this article (65% they don't catch us).

Not sure of the cost currently, when ever the save gets around will see how much it will cost to steal from KISS for a basis.

I will send a small message to KISS asking what they are researching.

2. killercane

killercane Deity

Why dont we keep KISS alive, steal our way to the UN and win via diplomacy? What a pissed off team MIA would be.

3. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

If we could pull that off it would be the most hilarious thing ever. Apart from that its probably one of the better options we have. Still we need to keep them off our continent first

4. dl123654

dl123654 King

Sent a message to Whomp asking about their research, got this back:

In the current save:

Will play in a few hours

5. dl123654

dl123654 King

Turn 170 (500AD):
    Accepted KISS Ivory (Will have our own next turn but it is still nice of them
    We already have a RoP
    Sugar Uni->Cav
    Krispy Kreme Uni->Palace(prebuild) (17 spt, 15 turns for factory, 24 turns for Inteligence Agency, 36 turn for Darwin), will have 5 more production before railroads for about 20 production, feel we can get it to ~30 production after rails
    Kahnawake Worker->Worker
    Battleground Donutton WOrker->Worker

In 2 turns we will have a second silk for KISS

Found dl's Place
    Found Gap Filler

Our science advisor says we are moderately advanced

Notice that MIA is building Copernicus in Athens

Embassy with MIA will cost us 64 gold (we will have that much by next turn)

Tech stealing on KISS currently costs us 1700 for a safe steal (KISS's capital is farther away so it will be less)

Nationalism in 1 turn with 80% science making +48gpt

We can have Steam in 4 turns with 80% science making +46gpt, 2860 sci produced total, we can have 1800+ gold every 3 turns, therefore I don't think stealing Steam is a good idea because 2 steals (~50% success rate) costs more then the tech

I think in a few turns we get the embassy with MIA, see their capital and make a judgement on whether we can raze it or stealing to the UN is a better option

The UN idea is a very good idea, hopefully MIA doesn't think of it

6. dl123654

dl123654 King

While picking up the save saw this message:

Will be playing the save soon.

7. dl123654

dl123654 King

Turn 171 (510AD):

Nationalism->Steam in 4

They are right CivAssist2 is not working, and a bad time with police available

vbraunopolis Worker->Worker
    Munckin Cav->Cav
    Chocolate Frosted Settler->Settler

Send KISS Silks and Nationalism

Military Strength is the same, KISS is in Anarchy

Disburse a camp for 25 gold

Found Tyendenaga, Worker
    Found Jungle Central, Worker

Currently 123 gold, Steam in 4 with +56 gold

8. dl123654

dl123654 King

Turn 172 (520AD):
    In the save KISS thanked us for silks and Nationalism

Springfield Galleon->Privateer
    Dunkin Cav->Lib
    Frosted Lemon Privateer->Privateer
    Maple Frosted Worker->Worker
    Jelly Filled Settler->Settler
    Cawabunga Worker->Worker
    Bananas Worker->Worker
    Saltpeter Mountain Worker->Worker
    Sugar Plantation Warrior->Warrior

Have a Privateer south of MIA currently out of sight 2 squares away from MIA

Sent the other Privateer east to guard our east coast

Sent our Galleon west

Average turn all in all

Currently 180 gold, Steam in 3 with science at 80% +33gpt

9. dl123654

dl123654 King

Turn 173 (530AD):
    Crunch Privateer->Galleon
    Coffee->Court->Barrack
    Donut Filling Aqueduct->Settler
    Barnpolis Rifle->Rifle (game suggested Sun Tzu)
    Boston Kreme Worker->Worker
    Sweet Flour Worker->Worker
    Blueberry Crumb Wokrer->Worker
    Allegheny Worker->Worker

Have 2 pirate ships within range (but out of sight) of 2 MIA boats (one of which will be built next turn), will have a third in range next turn, along with rushing 2 more if we want for <100 gold

Found the whales that MIA talked about (PIC) in our south east

Still weak to MIA, strong to KISS and MIA still building Cop

Steam in 2 with 70% science and +48gpt, 218 gold in the bank

Future plans:

What tech do we want next, I would say electricity followed by RP and then Industrialization, maybe stealing one of the 2 after electricity

As for the boats, I say we attack and issue a message to MIA like "We have noticed that you have pirate ships on our coast, please withdraw them", after that have the boats go up MIA's coast and bombard their capital trying to kill a lib or uni while they build their wonder and can't replace it

At the same time after Steam is done I think I'm going to establish an embassy with MIA just for the capital look, and figure out what techs are worth the steal

Half our workers are around our capital and Krispy Kreme finishing builds, a third in the jungle just in case we don't have coal already hooked up building roads and the rest are in other locations finishing up and will start hooking up cities when they are done.

Almost have 3 vet rifles, we wait to put them in an army until we see their capital, don't want to wait to upgrade them but will. Currently 10+ cav and 10+ MW, with them, boat lookouts and rifle drafts just in case I don't think we will lost any cities soon if MIA was to declare.

I think stealing to the UN is our best and most easy way of winning (assuming KISS wants to help us out).

Attached Files:

10. killercane

killercane Deity

I think we need cavalry, and as many as possible. No settlers or really anything else at this point besides workers. If MIA declares in the next ten turns we are toast. I think we should shut research off and shortrush cavs/upgrade them. We might get lucky with the pirate ships but they are just a couple turns from letting loose with a whole lotta pain. Not to mention we have to protect KISS in the North.

10 turns no research is 6000 gold or so; thats enough for a steal and 20 new cavs to protect our wellbeing. What are the ins and outs of stealing in pbem? In single player, you cant steal for another 3 turns if you fail; is it the same here?

11. dl123654

dl123654 King

Your right on the more cav, I'd like to be aleast average military against MIA before starting hostilities, stoping research to upgrade and rush units might be good after Steam.

As for stealing this article doesn't mention anything about the 3 turn thing (does occur when planting the spy), will simulate this and find out the next time I get a chance.

The turn is in, will not be attacking their ships till next turn when we have 3 in the area, 5 if I rush 2 more. Will be done with it in a few hours.

12. killercane

killercane Deity

Probably that was plant/fail to plant a spy I was thinking about, I think you're right.

13. dl123654

dl123654 King

Turn 174 (540AD):
    Springfield Privateer->Cav
    Chocolate Rifle->Cav
    Strawberry Cav->Cav
    Jam Filled Privateer->Privateer

Thats interesting (PIC), MIA's boats are gone and KISS has one there

Send the pirate ships south to spy just south of MIA boarders, but they are still in range to come back next turn if needed, didn't rush any

Same deal with military strength and wonder building

Steam in 1 with science at 70, 261 in the bank and +70gpt

Attached Files:

14. RickFGS

RickFGS Deity

Hi, im new at this demogame. I&#180;ve read all the threads and stuff and i have a question..when do i get to play? can i see the save before playing i might have sugestions that could help in the game as far as i can see MIA is beating the crap out of this game....pls enlight me...thks

15. killercane

killercane Deity

Not everyone plays, only the elected turnplayer does. To get elected you have to run for a particular position, we have been doing elections every 20 turns. You can also run for internal affairs guy, foreign affairs, and those kinds of things.

16. dl123654

dl123654 King

Welcome RickFGS

If you have any sugestions feel free to post them here, I usually try to wait a few hours before playing the turn, the next election will be soon for turns 180-199

17. RickFGS

RickFGS Deity

Thks for info killercane and dl123654, can have acess to the save? or the latest one to check it out...

18. Aigburth

Aigburth Sea Dog

Rick - Go to the central information thread in this forum, you will find the login details for our team gmail account, look for the last email received from KISS, you can download the latest save there. The info thread also has our in game password.

19. RickFGS

RickFGS Deity

Many thks Aigburth, sry for spamming this thread

20. dl123654

dl123654 King

Save is in, along with a small message:

Quickly checked the save, we can't see any boats currently, I think we should tell them about ours to prevent any friendly fire between privateers.

Was planning to have ours fortified outside MIA south contenent out of sight (1 square from their boarders), doing so we can see all their water squares and they can't see us.

And coal is not a problem, thanks Rik Meleet, more to come later tonight when I actually play the save.

Just to make sure, plans for this turn are:
    1: Steam and Coal to KISS
    2: Establish embassy with MIA
    3: Turn off research to prepare for a steal of electricity
    4: Upgrade military (MW and Treb) and continue military builds