1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

turns 21-36

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by I. Larkin, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Ok, I moved. I switched the scientist from Glaston to Tintagel now. At Glaston it would increase 3b to 4b, while at Tintagel it increases from 3b to 6b... Making 20b now, Philo in 3.

Camelot is growing this turn and nets 8 shields. Would be a waste to build a worker now, wouldn't it? I'd rather like to build a settler in 5, lending the mBG to Tintagel in the process?

I went one more E onto the hill and will then go S-S and in a "half-moon" SE, E, NE and then leave our orbit.

The warrior in Tintagel can finish next turn, if we give it the mBG. Camelot would have enough shields for the settler anyway. Or we build a worker with 8+4 shields (using a scientist in the cap to avoid lux tax)?!

2. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

Tinta should have had the BG and the cap thus fewer shields.

templar_x

3. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

We need 2 workers ASAP to set Camelot to normal SF. You could give rrmbg to Tinta as agreed. If we play without ss let do it this way, but let me know...

4. templar_x

Well, for Camelot, we´d need only one worker. But I understand you want another one to build the road to the gh town. I am not totally convinced that this is better than a settler before the 3rd worker, but I have no problem with it either. Those 3 workers will have to improve our empire until Glastonbury runs as a WF...

I do not like that last turn. Glastonbury should be on a scientist, not? Tinta should have had the BG. Result is wasted shields in the cap.

What to do? Well, I think, done is done, build the worker and screw the shields. I am not a fan of putting the added citizen of the capital on science, but even that could be an option. But soon we have to stop to waste growth.

Re the next build in Tinta. I think we need a warrior more urgently than another curragh. Even for the loss of 1 or 2 shields, I would like more armed cavemen. There are barbs soon and we need to bust the fog in the south.

templar_x

5. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Third worker in Camelot we need for cycle I describe at turn 37 - 54. We will start from 4.0 size with warrior and it is 6 turn warrior settler with wheat to Tinta at turn 2 and 5 of the cycle.
    The only way to return to track is this ugly measure, such as Sci in Camelot and no wheat to Tinta.
    If we build Warrior there we'd loose 2 Sch anyway. We may have Sci in Glaston next turn, probably it will save some gold.

6. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Since Friday over, I will play one turn as we agreed with t_x.
    But I,d like to know who will play next, and who will play turns 37 and after.
    EDIT:
    Played. We had 39 b for Philo, gain 22with 2 Sci. next turn will be o sci, I think.

7. templar_x

Go ahead and play that turn.

Most of our team knights did not post in quite a while. So if nobody speaks up, Lanzelot will play when he can, or otherwise you and I have to jump in.

templar_x

8. Lanzelot

No, try it in the save: a scientist at Glastonbury increases the "normal" science output of 3 to 4... Would be a shame to waste so much food for one single beaker. In Tinta on the other hand, the scientist replaces the corrupted commerce and increases beakers from 3 to 6!

I did not give the rrm BG to Tinta, as the extra commerce would have been corrupted anyway, while in the cap it counts. Don't want to waste a beaker at this critical point, when it could mean an additional scientist and further food lost!

(BTW: I'm back and can play the next turns. Oh, and which is the "currently active" ss?)

9. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

No ss yet. Really I played in "unusual" way.

"food" itself does not matter. Question is when City grow. With Sci or not it will grow the same turn. But with Sci we will save some gold.
    Next turn is simple, just put 17 b, and minimum Sch in Camelot, but turn after is "special". Will we play "half turn" and discuss what tech next?
    Or discuss both possibilities now?
    I think new warrior will scout south to find best position near GH. Somewhere here ext City will be.

10. templar_x

Ivan is right, growth will be the same turn, therefore scientist would have been the correct choice. But done is done.

I attach the last ss we discussed (with minimal changes due to facts we found out during the last turns).

I´d say, if we get the free tech, take CoL and research WC. If we are not first to Philo, i am not so sure, but would say, go for CoL directly, and as Ivan said, we need to try to get something for it in trades.

templar_x

Attached Files:

• ss.txt
      File size:
      3.3 KB
      Views:
  11. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Looked at ss.txt
    Reality was a bit different. I had 2 Sci and 0% Lux. As a result we had 22 Sci, and 17b remained.
    Even if we successful we may try Republic straight. Looks that both German teams built Granary and care about expansions rather then military. Another problem with WC is: which City will build Archer?

12. Lanzelot

Also consider: we are #1 in military with our 3 warriors... Probably no one will invade for some time...

But still it's a bit risky. How long would Republic take? It's 700 beakers. 20-25 turns? Hmm.
    So if you want to risk it, I agree. But I would feel a bit saver with a better defense first...

If we miss Philo, I think we should first go for Bronze. CoL + Rep would be too long to risk. And Bronze can be done in 4 while saving some money, so it will probably not cost us more than 2 turns anyway. The Numideans are great against barbs, and no one will be able to attack us during that time... (Though we may risk a despotic GA. But we can leave the Numideans as "last option", only if we would loose a town otherwise. And I think: better a despotic GA than being overrun by an enemy...)

13. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Problem with Num is that it is expensive. And they may loose vs Barbarians as attacker.
    We will know land better next turn, but big fresh lake protect us very well. We will know about invasion well in advance. I think we may risk with CoL first but better to have BW before Republic.

14. templar_x

Ah right, Numidians. Totally forgot our nationality. :D BW sounds nice then.

@ Ivan/WC - just any, ideally one of those not yet founded that will build a rax. And besides the unlikely invasion, there are still barbs...

templar_x

15. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I put our next plan to Turns 37-56 thread

16. Lanzelot

Philo next without scientist. So far Literacy is still at 0%, so no one has it yet... Keep your fingers crossed.

Discovered dyes! And it's not too far away. I guess, sooner or later we'll build a settler in Glastonbury and settle on the hill 2N?

Can anybody see what's on the tile marked red?! Furs?

17. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

At my monitor it looks like plains with something.

What is interesting here that fresh water lakes can be connected with two oceans.
    I think we should do it.

18. templar_x

I don´t see much on that square. If you would not have pointed at it, I would have said, it is forest. What do you think it is?

Not sure what the Panama channel would do to us. If we had dromons and would expect this to become a front some day... ok, then it gives very mobile artillery. But I would not expect to find much more land to the south, so going around with ships would not be uncomfortable compared to the shortcut through the Great Lakes.
    I´d say, let´s do it, if the settling pattern favors it anyways.

Warrior east, then south?

templar_x

19. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I think east -south-east then north...

Galley in a fresh water to ensure ferry. We may need expand/attack...

20. templar_x

For ferry services, we only need 2 out of 3 channel towns,right?

We will see if that fits well.

templar_x