1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

turns 37-54

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by I. Larkin, Feb 13, 2011.

1. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Hope this turns will be more "regular" as we need stay on track. After Camelot tiles will be improved Camelot may operate in 6 or more turns cycle. Like Warrior -- Settler at size 444 555. Or Warrior -- Curragh - Worker, Worker Settler 12 turn cycle.
    Or Archer Worker - Settler 9 turn cycle.
    As agreed, Tinta may set on wonder prebuild (may discuss) 3d town will build Granary - workers.

Attached Files:

• ss4.jpg
      ss4.jpg
      File size:
      17.8 KB
      Views:
  2. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Checked growth and optimize shields.
    Tinta grow faster than worker works around.

Attached Files:

• ss3.jpg
      ss3.jpg
      File size:
      141.7 KB
      Views:
    • ss3.txt
      File size:
      2.3 KB
      Views:
  3. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

I had hoped that we can get another curragh out of the capital somewhere on the way to the standard sequence.

templar_x

4. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

We can have 2 workers + curragh at 6 instead of Settler at 4.
    Like at diagram. Also we may build City ant east coast and build Curragh there.

5. templar_x

@ Ivan - I have trouble opening your new ss. Is the format different than the others were?
    templar_x

6. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Yes, my mistake. Now OK.
    Dot map to ensure channel.

Central dot also ensure second fp for Glaston.
    What I don't like is a big gap between Glaston and Eastern entrance.

Attached Files:

7. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Ok, as I said in the other thread, we got Phil + CoL!!
    I have currently set research to BW, but will wait until tomorrow morning, so if you think we should rather risk Rep directly, I can change it before passing the turn to the Eagles.

Here some other questions:
    • What do we want to build on Tintagel now? Another warrior, curragh or palace? Perhaps another curragh would be good (see below).
    • Our curragh is now at a junction (see map). Should we continue along our coast, or follow the "path" W, which might lead to the other continent? If it's really a crossover to the other continent, we should send our second curragh as fast as possible.
    • We have a river-tobacco-BG in the south! Still too early to say, where we should settle, but that's going to be a good spot. Atm I tend towards Ivan's yellow dot.
    • Our worker at Glastonbury is going to i+r the floodplain and then chop two forests, right?! Or mine the BG first?

8. templar_x

There seems to be a lot of land to the east.

The site 3s was likely until now and is practically sure for me now. (I do not like most of the other city sites on the new dm.

@ Glaston the chops should come last, or not at all. I am pretty sure that getting the BG ready (and the oasis) has to be the best way to beef the town up.

Currently it would not change a whole lot whether we meet the other Civ on our continent or not. The only tech that would matter to us immediately is BW, because we would not research it if we could trade for it. This is not likely going to happen, anyway. So I think trying that possible "passage" is the way to go if it bears the chance to lead us to the other continent.

Tinta should go into wonder mode in my eyes. If we need another curragh urgently, the capital should provide it. If not, the next seaside town, but I confess that this may be quite a bit later.

The southern channel town in Ivan´s dm especially does not appeal to me. the 2nd next town should be 4 ne. (probably still allows a soutern channel town a bit farther to the east)

the 2nd exploring warrior goes w-s-s... next, then turning eastwards, right? we need it around in that area until the gh town is settled to fend off barbs, so it can take an even more thorough route in my eyes, following the coastline.

templar_x

9. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

1) Cool! But I anticipated it somehow. Can we stop close monitoring of F11?
    BW, I think. But when build Num, don't know.
    2)Curaagh... But we also need Warrior for MP/scout.
    3) You could do straight north and return straight East... But "done"
    4)Well... river Tundra looks more attractive. But I think we will settle East first.
    ss3.txt shows that worker there will finish job first.
    5)Let finish FP first and see...

10. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

There is "Consensus" about BW, I also agree 4NE first.
    Rest is less clear for me.
    I think we should try to contact our continental friends first to arrange "joint research plan".

11. templar_x

2. i do not see the urgent need for more mp/scout warriors?!? next town can build some warriors, and they will be on time, no?
    4. how does the tundra look more attractive? only advantage is the city center tile, but more corrupt and bad settling pattern for optimal usage of core tiles.

With the food tile (fp) available, i think i favor 4ne as next town site. 3s (gh town) next then.

Re who to contact: Question is, do we want to contact everyone with our sole dinghi? I think, the continental contact can as wall be make with the exploring warrior.

templar_x

12. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

2. Let count: On regular way (no Curraghs) Camelot produces 1 Warrior for 6 turn. Tinta grow in 7.5 turn average. Glaston 6, 5, 4 (or five). 4NE 6 then. 1W per 6 turn not enough.
    Also, if we want Numidian where it come from?
    4. Yes, corruption is a bad factor. But I did not count if all core Cities may work on 12 tiles after our build-up. May be 4S better. Let's see what Warrior at south scout.
    Sure, 4NE next (before GH).

Better to have contact ASAP. To have good strategical plan we need to know partner's mood. I am not sure, that curragh alone may cross the ocean. I think we will try after continental contact. Until that both warrior and Curragh continue scouting our continent.

13. Lanzelot

No, I wanted to see the tile S of the Banana tile, which was possible only by going N - E - N. (Seeing more ocean tiles is not that important in my opinion, as we already found a "passage".)

Regarding F11: I have spoken to Memento about it. I think, after we got Philo successfully, it is no longer that important, except for one purpose: finding out the nationality of the other teams! Memento said, he can limit most teams to 2-3 possibilities, but would need to look more closely at the data of the past 35 turns to say it with more certainty.
    Memento: can you finish that task or publish your current conclusions here, so that others can also work on that topic?

I think we need another curragh and find all three teams asap. Having contact early is a huge advantage in multi-player, because a) you can pull ahead by trading/cooperation with the "right" partner and b) you can make better strategic plans, if you know everyone and their location.
    And this is our main benefit of being seafaring, so we should take advantage of it.

Also we have a lot of good spots to settle, so we need settlers asap now. For this reason I think it's best to let Camelot go into the 6-turn combo asap. Then we'll have enough warriors for MP & scouting as well. So Tintagel should build the curragh and then start on the Lighthouse.

If we settle the next town 4NE, it will have lots of shields (plains), so it could be our military town?! First a rax and then a few Numideans? Settling that town first, would also allow Glastonbury 4-turn growth, which should be enough for 2-turn workers at size 6-7. (I think we don't have enough shields for 4-turn settlers? Wheat + BG + Oasis + 2Floodplain = 6 shields at size 5, two of which are corrupted.)

Regarding exploration: I like both plans:
    • Send curragh to other continent now and hope that the warrior will make contact with our neighbor not much later. The second curragh can then finish exploration of the home continent.
    • Keep curragh at our home continent to find neighbor asap and send second curragh over to the other continent.
    Both options are "good", and it is very hard to decide, which one is "better". I'll go with the majority here.

Next town "Avalon"?

14. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

1) We skip 1 tile but would know if it is dead end or not (but don't know for sure).
    2)I am afraid it is too time consuming and never certain: land may be different...
    3) Agree with that but at first stage we need more MP then Camelot produces. So Avalon will build reg Warriors first. One Curragh in Tinta OK.
    4)I think we will need forest chop for Granary. Or artificially delay with Glaston growth.
    5) I think 5b better. We need to know home first.
    6) OK, Avalon.

15. Lanzelot

I can "correct the mistake" by going N-E-E next turn. Then we can still see, whether it's a dead end.

BTW: one question I have been thinking about: if I see borders in the distance while only having 1 movement point left, should I stay out of sight, make contact next turn and retreat, so that they can't see our curragh? Then they can't see that our curragh has 3 movement points.
    However, this would make sense only, if they don't already know anyway, that we are seafaring. (And I think, it can be seen from F11: a seafaring capital is the only one that can make 4 commerce, right?)

16. Memento

Memento The World is mine

and to see how many shields they have to see what have or what will they build. ;)

17. Memento

First Analyst after the Contact to Greece-Anarchos:

We have a strong Military, Powergraph looks good for us.
    They have no Hoplite.
    They dont have Masonry, Writing, Philo, CoL.
    They have BW+TW. Researching IW.
    We have more Population.

Curragh can go West or explore Greece Ter.?

18. Memento

What will we trade?
    TW for Masonry?
    Later, Writing for IW?

19. templar_x

@ Lanzelot - if we build another Curragh in Tinta, i´d say southern explorer south. otherwise west.

Since we have got contact, try to find the passage to the other continent with our curragh.

I incorporated Ivan´s latest ss into mine, where I added quite a few more facts, and town #3 and town #4.

We should name our workers so not to get confused though.

It will not be 100% correct, but it shows that we should get BW in 4, and quite some more useful information, like a first suggestion on the worker moves and the gran build in town #3. There we could calculate another path also, with less food worked and more shields, thus getting the granary earlier.

templar_x

Attached Files:

• ss.txt
      File size:
      6.9 KB
      Views:
  20. templar_x

I like those trades. Let´s see what the Anarchos say about them. This way they would open us up 2 ressources, for what exactly?

What could they be thinking? I see 2 possibilities:
    1. our tech is not good enough to compete for Philo, so we do not even start teching that way. We do different stuff so that we can make deals for those techs the one who wants the free tech has to research anyway.
    2. we want to take over the continent soon. having a strong defender, we only need a couple of swords to destroy the other civ. of course we must not trade them any military techs.

if those could be their strategies, we could find out by their willingness to trade. but since they are "anarchos", they may have no strategy at all? ;)

in fact, in this moment we seem to be strong against them (actually, how can we have nearly double their population???). so we should try to get into the leading diplomatic position on our continent.
    if they seem unfriendly or following 2. above, we should research IW ourselves before Rep, what do you think?

templar_x