1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

turns 37-54

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by I. Larkin, Feb 13, 2011.

1. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

northern town DOES lie closer to the cap, Ivan... 1n2nw, as L suggested.

that is why i was pro the northern dyes town.

east blue should be a soon one, and we want some more of the land there, but i fear we won´t be able to connect it before Rep.

templar_x

2. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I thought you meant Northern Dice. In fact Eastern better, but road there harder.
    If we cut forest near 4NE FPalace will not work.

3. templar_x

Exactly my thoughts

4. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Hmm, under these conditions it is probably best to build the three magenta dots first. Probably in this order:
    1. 3S
    2. Northern dyes
    3. NE (to bring the floodplain and iron into our territory and speed up the FPalace town)

Edit: this also has the advantage that we expand towards the Anarchos first. The south can be settled later... (Perhaps except for the silks.)

5. templar_x

ok for me

6. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I have "second thought". May be blue silk better? Look, next worker will go south: it will be no problem to connect silk. I am afraid that Glaston worker too busy do deal with Lux connection as well.

7. templar_x

I do not mind. If we send the next worker south, we might as well connect the silks next. But we could send the next worker north as well...

templar_x

8. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Logically if Glaston will produce workers/ settler. Frankly: North Dice not very good location - no fresh water, not big commerce/ food...

If we agree about Silk City we have to set its precise location.

9. templar_x

I understood that both L and me preferred the Southern silks Location there.

Templar_x

10. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

i.e. on forest tundra silk? Or where my dark blue dot?

11. Lanzelot

I prefer the "forest silk": it gains much more coastal tiles!

In general I agree that it makes sense to use the settlers from Camelot for the southern part and settlers from Glastonbury for the northern part. However: strategically it is important to settle towards the Greeks to gain as much territory as possible before our borders meet. And Glastonbury still needs a long time before it can eficiently build settlers. Let's rather use Glastonbury for building our northern workers (until it has enough shields for settler production) and during that time use 1-2 Camelot settlers for the northern area.

12. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I think it is minor. River Silk give more. + close location - less corruption. If no other arguments I insist on my location.

North magenta far away from anarchie.
    It this case Blue East must be first. May be we can move next worker there?

13. templar_x

This is easy to argue, while I want to avoid that anyone "insists" on any detail or move or town site when we have to decide things as a team.

I believe, southern silks or 1NE is simply a question of how long you think this game lasts. If it is going to be a long game, the town ON the silks gets a few extra tiles, and so does the town 3S from the cap (because the silk town can grow size 7 through 12 without need for any of its tiles). All these tiles will be worked, long term. Corruption will be higher, but not nearly as high as the yield from a few more tiles. Possibly not even the yield of one extra tile.

Different story if game is short. Then keep the forest, forget the sea tiles.

I believe this is going to be a long game.

templar_x

14. Lanzelot

I can live with either decision, but I slightly prefer the more coastal tiles.

15. templar_x

Who is taking the next turn? I´d say, have the northern curragh return for 3 turns and make "sure" contact then at the new town. Contact is so much more important than exploration now.

The southern curragh may very well until then have contacted DK.

Interesting new builds by our Anarcho friends. I think no further discussion about contact abilities required.

templar_x

16. Lanzelot

I'd say Overseer or ignas. (ignas sent me a mail saying he is back.) But neither one has agreed to take the next set yet.
    Until we find the next volunteer, we can just "take turns in taking the turn"... :crazyeye: I haven't played in a while, so I could do one tonight.

Agree.

What do they build? (Can't open the save until I get back home tonight... don't keep me waiting...)

17. templar_x

Sure, go ahead and play. I think with these points agreed on the turn should be straightforward. Whoever moves, do not forget to shift that plains tile to the fp tile which gets watered this turn.

is the southern warrior going north or south? i assumed north, and ahead to explore that peninsula in the se.
    what you see there? a battleship of course. :D

templar_x

18. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

??
    At East, behind near Dice chock point?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Two turns simple, but at turn 3 where Worker will go?

19. templar_x

yes, there. or we bring it back. or we go ahead and send it out with a 2nd one and block the bottleneck.

20. templar_x

which moves did you make, L? so i can see what you saw...

templar_x