1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

turns 37-54

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by I. Larkin, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Norther warrior 1S. (We can then still decide, whether he should explore the eastern peninsula, or the north-west.)

1st curragh 1S-contact-2N.
    2nd curragh 3S.

All warriors played MP, research left at 100%.
    Wheat given back to Camelot.

Big question was: do we want to let Glastonbury grow in 4 and Carlion in 3, or Glastonbury in 5 and Carlion in 2?! As we gain a shield and a coin that way, I decided to give the floodplain to Glastonbury and let Carlion work the rri plains that Camelot currently doesn't need. (Extra shield in Glastonbury would be corrupted anyway.)

Renamed new town to Camlann.

2. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I think you miscalculated. As a result it will strave during Anarchy period...
    If it is not too late put fp to Carliton back.

3. Lanzelot

Too late. But if Glaston grows "too fast" that way, we can let it work a forest for extra shields for 2 turns: 5+5+3+3+4(rmBG). Carlion can then take the floodplain during that time.

4. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

No use. Carlion grow in 3 turns anyway.
    Problem is to build Granary and Worker before Republic

5. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

My proposal for the next 3 towns:

1. 1e2se crom cap
    2. 2e1se from Carlion (+connection of the dyes there asap)*
    3. 1n3ne from Carlion

*Neither the northern dyes town nor the southern silks town will become very important short-term, other than for the lux. So better connect the dyes with the important eastern town which opens up our claims for lands in the east, even though it means we have to employ more worker turns here.
    For the silks, either wait until all the really good towns a built, or connect them with a worker. The 1 pop might be worth it, when we soon have lots of growth and need the happiness.

Next worker should prepare the road towards the southern channel town then!

templar_x

6. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

It will increase corruption in other Cities. I'd like to delay it.
    Is it Navy dot?
    With a few Cities (low corruption) it may prebuild something. Also at Republic better to have 3 lux.
    Problem with Dice, that they are far away.

7. Lanzelot

Sounds reasonable to me. One question: Is Carlion already prebuilding the FP? If we build a library there first, we could now chop the forest and prepare the road to the dyes town without having to road two hills.

Regarding Glastonbury: how about we fill the foodbox with 15f now (3 turns) and then use the mBG and two forests to finish the granary quickly? Carlion can then use the FP for a while after these 3 turns.

8. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Silk City may work on fish. But OK, Navy+ Iron dot most important, I think.

I prefer Numidian first if we need forest cut.

9. templar_x

1e2se does increase corruption, but it is one of the strongest sites we do have. it is one of only 6 production towns we are going to have. i do not want this town too become too corrupt either. and it only needs one road on flat terrain to connect.

2e1se from Carlion, the southern channel town. it has dyes right next to the city center.

let us chop the forest in Carlion either in a NM or into a lib. but if things go as planned, i am all for a small scale invasion of the other continent with a NM and an archer. therefore we would need a galley, an archer and a NM. we better start on that. i would not care that they are regulars.

templar_x

10. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

1e2se bad location. It needs aqueduct and BGs without river.
    Worker needs two many turns to make road there.
    I thought you mean 2N1W that also increase corruption but at least it do not need Aqueduct and early growth good for it. Road there ready.
    We will have Republic soon, so we may slow down research and cash-rush things.
    So as a compromise: 2N1W first , south channel second. BTW we should take care to get 2 settlers before Republic.

Edit: It is bad compromise. With this consequence we will not have dice at Anarchy period and some Cities will starve.

11. templar_x

2n1w is Not good. No 2f tile to work. And it is only a meager Producer. Surely One town in the Southern 1st Ring will require a duct, so what? We cannot divert the River, so wherever we put the town it will Need One. And it will become one of our Best Producers. So it is Not a question of a compromise, but i am convinced this is stronger.
    I do Not see a Site that would have any Logic to build before, if we do not have to Fight for Land grabbing. Our Foreign Minister Knight will take Care of that.

While the corruption of this town does matter, 2n1w does not.

Templar_x

12. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

At this sence both not good. But look, you are looking for schilelds, but 100 of them will go to Aqueduct. Also, who knows when we will get construction.
    2N may work on rrmbg or worker may prepare something.
    Logically next City better Silk it is not that corrupted. before 2 more at first ring appear. Or we may start from south channel - then we will have dice in time.

13. templar_x

exactly that is my reasoning. if we need 100s in it for a duct, we should start the build-up rather soonish :p

templar_x

14. templar_x

the northern curragh should go into exploration mode now. for the next move that means: 1e2n, and then around that little island or whatever else it finds.

templar_x

15. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I prefer to have Mathematics in hand before we build it. We may irrigate BGs and mine hills. Workers from south will come to this area smoothly.
    Logic says that
    1) we need Lux's for Anarchy period and republic
    2) We will have 2 settlers soon and none after for long period.
    3) It is hard to connect Dice
    4) At south tiles need improvement now.
    -----------------
    Plain conclusion is:
    Silk City first (discuss location) , south channel next.
    In this case worker go south.

16. templar_x

Let us connect silks with colony, and Build Road towards Eastern Eyes town, Forest Road, Hill Road. Settle. Road on dyes.

We Need to calculate the worker turns. Maybe One of the two Workers can connect the town 1e2se without Delay of the Connection of the dyes town.

Therefore i vote for 1e2se Next, and dyes town for the last despo settler. Other Lux connect by colony.

T_x

17. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Worker at Silk need to improve 3S. Actually Lux needs to save (grow) our population.
    If we drop Colony it will be the same + 10 sch lost.
    My arguments exhausted. I do not see the use of 2e1se. Also it may be not the best location.
    Let's arrange vote somehow. We need to decide it now because it depend where worker will go.

18. templar_x

Well, ok, but "colony on lux" and "next city site" are two independent decisions.

It is 1E2SE. Anyway, the importance of this site is that it will be the only good production town left to build in the 1st ring. then two more in the second ring. And that will be about it.

Shields are more important than beakers, if we only have so few good producers. To put it in other words: I do not care at all whether some other fishing village will produce 2 beakers more or less, if we may be able to reach a "magic number" of shields in the 6 possible production towns.

The placement 1e2se seemed to me, after *very* long working with the map, quite obviously the best: sharing tiles with the cap, for the few turns where they would be unused otherwise; not wasting tiles; not hampering any other town (see my dotmap); and not least it lifts the necessity of early culture in that area so to be able to work all the tiles!

I am by far not that convinced about the colony. However, you wanted one more lux for the revolution time and Republic. 1 worker (=1 pop+10s) sounds relatively cheap to me if the alternative is to slip in a fishing village before a production town.
    I cannot see how 1 pop and 10 shields would cancel out the bonus we get from the lux though?!?! Even the growth that stays possible during anarchy should make up for it, not?

templar_x

19. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Nobody participated in discussion...
    I am not saying 1e2se not good. I am just saying "not now".
    It is Republican City, with Irrigated GLs and mined hills. Later, when it grow GLs may be forested/mined. If we are not going to War research is more important so 2N1W first looks good if you don't want fishing village.

Effect of Colony "easy to estimate". It is just population we save during 5 turns Anarchy. Need some algebra, but doable.

20. templar_x

2n1w *is* a fishing Village.

What i agree on is that 1e2se is a Republic town. But we practically are a Republic already. It will Not even grow to Size 2 before we revolt...

Templar_x