Turns 80-100

but if we send 4 MW in the north, and the blunt of the force is in the core (where most of the troops are) then I think that would work out. re-inforcing the north wouldn't be that big of a priority as taking the core quickly.

I think we should send a 'dagger' force in the north to compliment our 'cleaver' force in the south. Maybe even land 'dagger' a trun or two in advance, it might divert forces north.

My prayers are with you and your family, Tubs. Godspeed.

Personally i wouldnt the turn or two beforehand as this would still allow them to build troops in the core cities, they wont have many to move regardless.

Final turn in anarchy. Tell GONG they will have maths after our next turn. Also make sure they play the GH popping correctly. First trying to get Construction and if they get that try for Currency.
Do we set research to 0% for a turn hoping they get both or go for Currency (be least expensive)?
GONG has started on GLH, Council has started on Sun Tzu's (in anarchy...) And how will they ever get a return on that investment???

Council in their 4th turn of anarchy, SABER in their 8th, outch, they are really unlucky drawing an 8.

We have founded the first of our two one tilers next to SABER... Next will pop down next turn.

Sun Tzu? On an archipelago? well...maybe i's meant as a prebuild for Leo's?

My guess is they're going for Leo's as well. I'll send a note to JB on setting research to currency while they try to pop construction.

I'll send a note to JB on setting research to currency while they try to pop construction.
And if they get it we will hope they do not forget to change it so they are not excluding Currency.... Maybe we don't need to be too explicit. :D

EDIT: (The GW issue)
But they are militarily weak compared to us, building Leo's will save how much gold? For 600 shields they sure need to have huge numbers of units to upgrade. 600 shields is the same as 15 HMs to Knights without taking half the cost in gold into account. So in order to make it pay for itself they need 30 HMs to upgrade. Also need 1,800 gold to make it happen. And that is just to pay for it so in order to make a return on their investment they need more HMs. In less than 30 turns from now and with one of their major production sites focusing on the GW...

I cannot see any GW worth building now except the GLib for GONG/BABE.

But they are militarily weak compared to us, building Leo's will save how much gold? For 600 shields they sure need to have huge numbers of units to upgrade. 600 shields is the same as 15 HMs to Knights without taking half the cost in gold into account. So in order to make it pay for itself they need 30 HMs to upgrade. Also need 1,800 gold to make it happen. And that is just to pay for it so in order to make a return on their investment they need more HMs. In less than 30 turns from now and with one of their major production sites focusing on the GW...

Shhh... they might hear you:p

The way i see it, good for us. That's fewer units they will have when we get there and they we will have Leo's for ourselves.

Quick question on the GL. Does it give you techs if 2 civs you know have it or if just 2 civs have a tech? If it the former then we would have to give Gong our contacts

Quick question on the GL. Does it give you techs if 2 civs you know have it or if just 2 civs have a tech? If it the former then we would have to give Gong our contacts
Yes, you need to have contact with 2 Civs having that tech

That is why the current situation is good. GONG has yet to meet with anyone else. they only know us. So until they know both Council and FREE, we (BABE/GONG) can make the call on when to activate the benefits of GLib.

BTW, If GONG should fail to get one of the techs there is the resource island GH near GONG to pop. If we need to execute a plan to go after it we have a Settler due from Hef's in three turns time.

And if they get it we will hope they do not forget to change it so they are not excluding Currency.... Maybe we don't need to be too explicit. :D

I don't know, when it comes time to upgrade our navy Leo would be nice. They may be thinking that way, or even just denial of that benefit to others (us).

Actually, now that I think about it, upgrading a bunch of galleys and MW on the cheap has a nice ring to it...

But it would cost us the use of 20 MWs while building it... That is just too much. Best case scenario is they finish it just prior to us landing on their continent. It will be threatened immediately in their Capital.

We are building Leo's Wotan, its just we are sub-contracting it out to the council ;)

We are building Leo's Wotan, its just we are sub-contracting it out to the council ;)

:hammer2: Why didn't I think of that. Right on Robi!

On the issue of research next turn. Are you with me we go 0% until we know the result of the GH popping? That would be a single turn so no major decision I guess.

I sent this to JB today. I guess the question is whether we're better off starting research on currency to see if they get construction on the first turn. If they do then turning it off would make sense. If they miss then we're at least a turn or two closer to finishing currency.
Hi JB,

We'll send maths next turn. I think it makes sense for you to set research to currency so you can try to pop construction.

On the maps we're considering this but there's some who feel it's quite valuable. Let's see if we can get something figured out.

Whomper

Id say hold off, every beaker/coin counts so even if we dont have currency for a turn later we'll have the gold which will be helpfull in the future rather than just wasting a turn of commerce.

agree, switch off research until we know what they popped

Will all team threads be open after the game is over? I am soo curious what can actually happen in a turn to require soo much lead time among the other teams? Currently every team has about 48 hours to discuss plans until the turn is back with them. But that does not stop them from using another 24+ hours to play the turn. Is it just me or are we playing this game in the wrong way? Should we too wait until we have the turn to discuss plans? That sure seems to be the way the other teams play the game.

Top Bottom