Turns 80-100

well if those settlers going over seas would have planted on our island, we would likely be #1 in land. GNP is always a mystery to me since we are commercial. :dunno: I would suggest that the galley come back after dropping off the settler to pick up a warrior and a worker. That way the new city (named Ginger) could start on another settler to fill in that piece of land.

Definitely the reason we are not in the lead in territory. Sending two Settlers on a trek across our island, board a Galley and then go for a cruise cost us a considerable amount of turns we could have been using them as towns on our mainland.

I would not be surprised that Rik put a random resource island out there. Coal, oil or uranium or lux could be a possibility. I think it was worth the trip just in case.

just so people could start thinking what to do... what should we do if there is someone already occupying the island? I think that would be considered extremely hostile to plant a city on someone else's homeland. But if it's just an "outpost" island (Gilligan's Isle) then I would argue that we definately settle it.

It doesn't look like any part of our island and from what we have seen of sabers the team islands seem to be identical.

I did say a while back that going by the size of our island if the other 4 were the same there would have to be other land out there, maybe this is it

Next turn we will know better about that mystery Island and I think it's perfectly fine to settle there. As suggested, bring over more stuff there as well.

Republic in 9 turns?
2 turns to FP, 7 turns to GLH.
Still up the same three techs on SABER.
Galley found land! An Ivory and two Iron deposits plus an additional horse. I would suggest settling on the horse with the Settler that is now on the island. Pick up another in four turns and settle hill next to the GH. Ship a Worker too and start the first town on a Harbour. LF to build a harbour too after the GLH is finished.
Found an Iron province in SABER country.

hey, excellent news :goodjob:

if that's the only source of ivory, we might even have a shot at SoZ. But then, it would take navigation to get that back to our continent isn't it? GLH wouldn't help in this regard I guess.

The iron source is interesting, we need to prevent that they connect it just before our conquest there.

if that's the only source of ivory, we might even have a shot at SoZ. But then, it would take navigation to get that back to our continent isn't it? GLH wouldn't help in this regard I guess.

AFAIK GLH do allow trade through sea tiles so it would connect the iron and the ivory. But did we not agree to allow SoZ to be built without the need for Ivory?

Last turn's minimap isn't enough for your needs?

Me too, please. I'd like to see the relationship between the new iron island and where we are located on the map.

If SABER has iron, let's hope they don't have horses. That would even things out just a bit. :p

Me too, please. I'd like to see the relationship between the new iron island and where we are located on the map.
So the hint about moving back to the report from last turn was not obvious enough? ;) We have for the last few turns moved our Galley slowly northwest from our island, so I would have thought it would be pretty obvious the small ivory/iron island would be in that area? At least if you follow the turn reporting. It is not as if the island suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

I am trying to include pics of new info as well as a permanent posting of the F11 screen though I guess the value of that screen will slowly diminish as the game moves forward. Things that are not really adding to the story/progress I guess the really inquisive can find by opening a save. ;)

Post 15 in this tread has a good pic of the Galley halfway to the island and a minmap with about thesame amount of into that is in a current Minimap.

RE: settling location... why not move 1 NW to get the GH popped?

Also.... that sort of sucks that we have to go off-shore to get iron and SABER has it domestically. Now if they don't have gunpowder and we do, then that sort of makes it even but it would suck the other way around (isn't that blowing?)

well, let's just eliminate Saber before they even smell saltpeter...

I think the F11 screen is not needed to be included anymore. I rather have screens of our city builds and maybe military in the future. I guess we soon get some MW's going. Also, how many galleys do we already own. This is all important for the upcoming war

for those scroll-challenged

Thanks, Tubby! Sorry to be a PITA. :blush: I don't know enough to make intelligent suggestions and I know Wotan doesn't suffer fools gladly (per one of the SGOTMs), so I just wanted ask about something I wasn't clear on. I'm not very good at visualizing spatial relationships.

RE: settling location... why not move 1 NW to get the GH popped?
we could but a few things would occur if we do this.
1. The current location is safe from Barbs appearing, the Grassland is not. Our Galley currently safeguards against Barbs appearing in the same tile the settler is but will move back to pick up another Settler/Worker/Warrior. We could delay it but that would also require the Galley to move around the southern peninsula to "safeguard" the Grassland. That is another two turns (I think).
2. Settling the Grassland would put the southernmost mountain outside of our "seen" tiles thus making it unsafe for potential Barbs appearing until we either have an expansion from culture or place a military unit on the mountain. We don't know how the island is shaped morth and west of the currently visible tiles.
3. Another settler is going there anyway and with 9 turns to go on Republic we are in no hurry to pop the GH. If we do it now the only tech we can get is Masonry. So we might even discuss a plan to wait until Republic is finished and then "start" on masonry for a chance of getting Poly if we are lucky to get a tech from the GH.

Will change from F11 to F3 info soon.

k. good reasons to ignore my suggestion. ;)

Top Bottom