1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 91-100(!) Summary Thread

Discussion in 'Team Loco' started by jeejeep, Dec 1, 2006.

1. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Turn 91

Lots of excitement this turn! For more, please read the Diplomatic Thread also.

The copper mine will be done in a turn, IW in 10, everything is boring domestically. However...

An Epsilonian warrior is sighted down south. We better start settling and exploring down there fast. This is our first contact with Epsilon, who are leading in score.

Epsiloncontact0000.JPG

Epsilon only has three cities. However, they have built the oracle and have a huge technological advantage. They are confucian. Here's a look at technology and diplo relations including Epsilon.

diplo0000.JPG techbadnews0000.JPG

They have sent us an e-mail, which can be found in the diplomacy thread. Innovia also sent an e-mail asking about the trade they proposed to us (AH for Meditation). I recommend we e-mail back that we will accept.

2. koondrad

koondrad Prince

The message from Epsilon was as follows:

3. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

This fits with what we had previously discussed about settling site C. If we settle there plus one additional site on that isthmus our cultural boarders should overtake the whole thing.

basically, I think our plan is still solid and this new information only confirms that we where making good choices. We should, however, prioritize that first settler and get site C established.

4. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Turn 93

Alpha Wolf, our brave explorer, has discovered another Innovian city south of their capital.
    Chowderton0000.JPG

As SL has grown to it's pop limit, I assign a priest to prevent it from growing to the next size too quickly. This means that we will get a Great Prophet in 12 turns. The gold given by the priest also allows us to raise our science rate to 80%, speeding Iron Working up to six turns.

The copper is hooked up at Pennsylvania and we begin an axeman in B&O (2).
    coppe3r0000.JPG

5. koondrad

koondrad Prince

Check the diplomacy thread lads.

6. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Turn 94

We do the AH for meditation trade with Innovia. Not much else, but check the diplo thread if you haven't yet.

To consider: When do we want to get out our next city? What to build in cities next? Do we want to build the colossus (Epsilon already has MC, so it could be tough)? Do we want to propose any more trades?

7. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Turn 95

Our first axeman comes out of B&O and goes to get reid of a barbarian warrior coming in from the south. B&O starts another axe.

I was supposed to propose a trade to Epsilon, so the diplo thread for why I didn't.

I haven't had much time to post lately, so please look at the save yourself if you have any questions about population, time left on builds, etc. Maybe I'll put in a comprehensive update on the weekend.

8. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Turns 96-97

Turn 96-nothing

Turn 97-Our first axe kills a barb warrior near SL with 100% odds. Another barb warrior moves into our territory near Reading

SL finishes lighthouse, starts library. SL reconfigured to work both lakes.

9. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Turn 98

Barb warrior near Reading moves on to the gold mine. We can't stop him from pillaging it, but the mine on the other gold is about to go up, so it should be okay.

B&O produces axe, starts another axe (3).

Pennsylvania wil finish it's granary next turn. What should we build next?

Iron working will be done in two. What should we research next?

10. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Turn 99

Barb warrior is approaching near Pennsylvania, but an axe should take care of it in time.

Pennsylvania finishes granary, starts Jewish Temple.

I give sailing to Epsilon per the trade discussed in the diplo thread.

11. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

TURN 100!!!!!!!!!!!!

We propose the second half of our sailing+monotheism for math trade with Epsilon, as we have now finished Iron working. I had no idea what we should research next, so I started us on Monarchy(15). It seemed like the best option. Other options are alphabet(15), Code of Laws(30), Hunting(3), Theology(34), Metal Casting(25), and Compass(34).

I suggest that we try to accomplish a trade with Innovia for alphabet, as we will be up four techs on them after we trade for math. With alphabet we could also trade with Aloha.
    techsagg0000.JPG

A barb axe was sighted to our south, we'll see what happens if he decides to go for SL. A barb warrior has also appeared near Pennsylvania.