Turns to completion missing after 3.17

marstinson

Chieftain
I have the Direct2Drive version of the game and just patched to 3.17 using the patch provided by D2D. One of the first things that I noticed was that the turns to completion info disappeared from the map (screenshot attached). It shows properly on the turn that you first load the building or unit into the build queue, but seems to disappear after that. If the city display is opened, the turns show correctly in the build queue. EDIT: I forgot to note that the turns to completion do display properly in the info box when you mouseover the city.

Also, note that a Screenshot dialog box shows up in the screenshot. I'm not sure what causes this or whether it was an issue before patching. I've only done nine screenshots and all of them were today. Two of them have the dialog box and the other seven don't. I used the same keystroke for all of them (<shift>+<PrintScrn>). All files were appropriately saved in the Screenshot folder after clicking "OK".

I went back and checked the manual, which said to use the <PrintScrn> key only, but that gives no file-naming option, though it did take a clean screenshot with a default filename (Civ4Screenshotxxxx) and no dialog box came up.

Attachments

• 3.17issue0000.JPG
    3.17issue0000.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 82
I don't know why it does not register the shift-prntscrn every time - but that is the combination to use if you want the naming popup.
as for the turns to completion: did you enable the option for detailed city infos in the options menu?

It does register the PrintScrn every time, but it occasionally leaves the dialog box in the screenshot. Since I don't do many screenshots, it's a very minor annoyance rather than a game-killer. As for the other, that was it. 3.17 unchecked every option that I had turned on (extra info, right-click menu, clock, etc.). Problem solved. Thanks.

Top Bottom