turns81-100

Destroyed 3 units at no losses... :D The iron hill is ours again!

But Carlion is still in danger: 3 defenders + catapult vs 4 swords + 2 catapults. We need to keep our fingers crossed one more time...

Glastonbury is empty. With a chariot we could retake it...

Our harbor is disconnected from the capital. Why can we still trade with the Küche??? :confused: I rushed a harbor in SW Fish Village, just to make sure we can re-establish the silks-furs trade, if it breaks down next turn.

Did yo send NMs there? They can attack also...
If we want to retake it, we need to take it by surprise. If I move units next to it, they will either defend it, or if they don't have the units, they will simply disband Glaston, and then it's lost forever...

May be silk village was better?

I want to upgrade a curragh in fish village, explore the western island and then send the galley north for some surprise missions.

If we want to retake it, we need to take it by surprise. If I move units next to it, they will either defend it, or if they don't have the units, they will simply disband Glaston, and then it's lost forever...
2. I want to upgrade a curragh in fish village, explore the western island and then send the galley north for some surprise missions.
1.Better if they disband it and we will have less movement restrictions. I have no idea, how you can do it "by surprise". If at least 1 Hoplit there we will need many Chariots.

2. Best surprise is operate in (from) Central lake. In this case we will combine attack and defense.
Note, that Barbarians Galleys at North. Also, we can't have two units on board too long.

you lost the FP town? this is ridiculous. i do not feel that many would even have ATTACKED at these odds.

i would definitely not feel like a quitter if i would let it go now. like, posting this openly:

"we have to inform you that our team, which only consists of 3 players already, decided to resign from this game. this does not happen so much for the actual results in-game, but mainly for losing the last bit of trust that this is going to become a fair game.
it had already started in a very bad climate of distrust between the two host platforms of all the teams. when we had met the Anarchie, after a short while, they started to make outrageous demands. then they kept insulting us. you may call that tactics.
when we lost all our trust, and did cancel a FUTURE deal, they lied about the facts behind this to the other teams. you may call that diplomacy. (we do not know how everyone else could simply believe such a stupid story, but i guess everyone had a lesson in diplomacy here.)
then d7 and Loki even decided to simply break a NAP that would have lasted for 10+ turns longer, which is unheard of in the history of team games. this is within the rules of course, but leads to another problem.
we cannot trust these players any longer. they opened Pandoras box, and since d7 is a reknown reloader, and the battle results (as well as the decisions when he attacked, to begin with) were more than just a bit strange lately, we even lack the trust that he as a player, for whatever reason he might see for this, reload saves in a team game. as another point that has to be pointed out, when the relationship was already deteriorating, d7 has demanded that we accept his promise to leave the forum for 1 year (he said, get banned) in case his team would breakt that deal. we found that ridiculous, but he insisted to do so, obviously in order to trick us into the deal and prepare for his treachery. or what else could one learn from this, when exactly this situation happens and now d7 acts if everything he said was just smart tactics?
having come to this level of distrust, it does not make any sense any more to keep using our real life time for a game that has unfortunately develop so badly. we wished it was different, but wasting hours and hours for another year in such a climate would be stupid. we deeply regret for all the other players that they cannot finish their game, but the only alternative we could imagine is that the last turn would be repeated with no battles at all (and no unit moves, so the Anarchie could try that weird move next turn again, but for this turn the possible results are already spoiled), and that d7 and Loki resign from this game. since this is not going to happen, and we cannot offer any evidence for this last point (still everyone can see the battle results and have his own thoughts whether he would attack a NM with a sole horse or a town with +100% defense with a ridiculous force), but our doubt in this one and the proven facts in the other points are unfortunately more than a game could bear."

i just wrote it as i thought it, so there may be a lot of spelling and other mistakes, but i get interrupted while i am typing nearly every minute.

one last sentence regarding our internal issues: now Lanzelot says that his claim, that the Anarchie would never break a deal, was still correct, because it was only MY DIPLO that made them do so. just to point out the most obvious: that is not what you said. your bet was "no breach of contracts", and you were proven wrong. proven wrong when others had the right idea where they were going. if you had wanted to say that they would not break contracts if we kept nice and Lanzelot-diploing, the whole claim would have made no sense at all. but since you are not acting like a team player, and speaking self-righteous like no other player i ever saw, this is no big surprise that you even try to twist all the evidence that speaks against pretty much everything you said strategically.

templar_x

Come on, it's not that bad yet. The Anarchos have run out of steam: I just destroyed the rest of their stack, except for one single Hoplite which is holding out now in Carlion. Also destroyed the road that they could use for reinforcements. Already now we are "average" in F3, and will overtake them soon. And then we'll hit back very hard.

Notes:
  • I did not land the settler on the island yet, because it is very likely that the Anarchos will disband Carlion next turn. (We have 1 Numidian, 3 Swords and 3 Catapults in place, Carlion is defended by a single Hoplite.) We can then use the settler much better for re-founding Carlion.
  • I left the Galley in L-E. It is very likely that M-H is threatened next turn, and then we may need to ship defensive units from L-E to M-H.
  • HB will finish in two turns. Did not finish it in one, because then my rushed chariot in Montsalvat would not finish. Perhaps we should even delay it a bit more and build a couple of chariots?! Upgrading them to horses would probably be a better investment of our gold than short-rushing swords?!
  • We are still #1 in commerce... :D

From Civforum:
Iron hill at Memento's Humour:
Swordsman (3/3) vs Horseman (4/4): Swordsman (3/3), Horseman runs away (1/4)

Carlion:
Catapult misses.
Swordsman (3/3) vs Hoplite (4/4): Hoplite (3/4) (def fire from catapult misses)
Swordsman (4/4) vs Hoplite (3/4): Swordsman (1/4) (cat hits)
Numidian (4/4) vs Swordsman (3/5): Numidian (3/4) (cat misses)
Swordsman (2/3) vs Swordsman (2/4): our Swordsman (3/4), 3 Catapults captured.
Catapult destroys road 1N. 2 Catapults miss Hoplite in Carlion.

Oops, you are no longer in our user group "The Knights’ Brotherhood"?! If you still have interest in this game, then just join the group again. I'm quite short on time and don't want to "duplicate" everything from the Civforum over here...

Lanzelot, you do many small slips, be careful now. Not to loose O outlook.
Swordman on worker, 2 swords to M Humor, Katapult on Galley also unload to M- humor. Settler at FP position, Catapults at FP position also.

I recoment Settler in Tinta "next turn, Catapult in Camelot.
Actually it may not enough. The only remedy I see is Galley in Tobacco town.

Or I can play?

Lanzelot, you do many small slips, be careful now. Not to loose O outlook.
Swordman on worker, 2 swords to M Humor, Katapult on Galley also unload to M- humor. Settler at FP position, Catapults at FP position also.

I recoment Settler in Tinta "next turn, Catapult in Camelot.
Or I can play?

If you want, you can have the turn. But please explain: what slips?
Looks like they have Engineering, so the only way to prevent the Hoplite from going to Glastonbury, was to sacrifice a catapult and put it into its way. But then they would have asked themselves why I did this, and would have disbanded Glastonbury as well...

I think, the only way of getting back Glastonbury, is to not move any troops near it and attack with 3-4 horses?
How about delaying HB by a turn and building a 1-turn chariot in Camelot and one in Camlann? But no good place to upgrade them?!
(Or a 2-turn barracks in Camelot? Catapults can be built in the small non-barracks towns.)

Why settler on FP?? We can unload it in M-H and move to the ruins in one turn!

Sorry, we misunderstood. FP == Ruins of FP"

I did this, and would have disbanded Glastonbury as well...
Did not notice this. but better do it this way. They will poprush Hoplits, even worth. One hoplit blocks too many units. Better if we build new. Because of that Settler in Tinta.
"slip" was O' Outlook. We have big chances to loose worker and then loose City...

If we go to TGL Barracks will eat 30 or so gold. Also 20 spt not wery good for horsmans
OK, Chariots. Played; will submit.

Ah, I thought FP=Floodplains...

If we go to TGL Barracks will eat 30 or so gold.

Can we really afford 400s for TGL now?!
On the other hand you are right: what can we build with 20spt?! :confused: A library and then try to research the missing techs? Or we indeed build TGL and play defensively until we have Cavs.

"slip" was O' Outlook. We have big chances to loose worker and then loose City...
But there was nothing I could do about it. Another horseman was threatening Memento's Humour and I had to attack it on the iron hill. No other units available.

Top Bottom