1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

turns81-100

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by I. Larkin, Aug 16, 2011.

1. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Please, think twice before promise anything risky/valuable. We desperately need second Galley on front and have risk loose it vs Barbarians. It is small island with cattle, no safe way to DK .
    Took a risk and rush NM in TT. If all goes OK we may sent 2 NM to Goldenberg next turn across big lake.

2. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

try to simply explain to the Küche why the situation does not immediately allow that announced exploration now. you will come up with that information asap, but must use that galley on the front now.

from what i saw recently, their diplo with an ally seems very sensible, especially compared with everyone elses diplo, and again especially with your own. here one diplomat always prefers to die for a stupid promise he just made, instead of trying to get into a useful dialogue with a partner.

t_x

3. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Good idea. (Could have been mine... ;))

4. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I did minor exploration but we will return to war zone ASAP.

5. templar_x

lurker's comment:
    just a few remarks and observations, as i won´t be able to finish gotm116 and have civ3 just new installed... and dl the latest save:
    - you need a ship in the north, that would open even more strategic options. it is a bit late that Mont is only building it now.
    - the one galley in the lakes can either check for weaknesses in the south or in the north. they currently seem to amass in the south, so either try to disturb that and land there, or they may then be weak in the north, so try there.
    - a 2nd galley in the lakes might prove powerful, but there is none to be expected soonish.
    - even more galley should cruise the coast in the north and south, at least before you counter-attack, even if they are empty, so they cannot have all their troops on the front.
    - Camelot can work the shore instead of the unmined river hill
    - you need workers and settlers. just to mention that, Tintagel can during GA run as a 4-turn combo factory, building e.g. a cat in the first two and the settler in the 2nd 2 turns, only needing 10 shields rushed on the 3rd turn. but it requires the wheat from the capital, which it should had in my eyes anyway.
    - the granary in the capital can be sold imo. further growth comes from worker join-ins
    - shouldn´t FP start the FP again? either that or a rax first, hm?
    - MH works the iron for 1 turn for warrior finish. evens out the food too
    - TT has no walls? will be very hard to defend then
    - Av 2-turn sword with short-rush and worker in 3t?

did you notice that on the other continent the eagles got the whole lake with all the food bonuses? their lands seem to be clearly the strongest of all tribes anyway.

t_x

6. templar_x

wasting galley capacity and moves there was clearly a mistake. if it was promised, it should have been explained that this cannot be held now. you desperately need that vessel on the front...

7. Lanzelot

Some excellent input, templar! So the situation isn't as hopeless as it appeared, we can still fight. (#1 in commerce, #2 in production and a friend who helps us...)

One question, though: do we really need settlers now? They will be too late to make a difference for either, our GA as well as this war. I think, Tintagel should build lots of workers. First to get Camelot to 30spt (only need two mines on the unimproved grasslands and one irrigated plain for that!) And second to get Carlion (and Glastonbury) back to size 6 asap. This would bring us more production than 2-3 corrupted towns.

BTW: FP-City was a bad name. Now the Anarchos know that they destroyed our FP... (Just like the name "Lib-City", before I renamed it to Montsalvat. Don't tell the others our plans...! Choose names that mean nothing.)

How about M-H rushes two galleys now? Sending 2 NMs and 4 horses onto the gold mountain should be quite effective... they can't defend 3 towns and the iron hill at the same time...
    Perhaps we should already send 2 NMs there now, before they can defend the mountain? (If it's not already occupied.)

TT can be attacked by 5 units (plus possibly some horses) next turn. Only three defenders. Disband and retreat? Or fortify and hope for a miracle? I would in any case try to save the chariot and warrior for upgrade.

So who should play now? If you don't want to, I will play tomorrow.

8. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I can play, but want some consensus. We may sent Galley with 2 NM across lake. We may send it 2N first and see what there, or send 2 NM to help to defend TT. TT is important location,from it we may hope to attack Iron near Commune. What to do with swords & cats from near Glaston region? North to Ivan-gorod or? We have money to upgrade all warriors (9 will left). Do we need anything else? Do we need Galleys at North? (I don't think so: Barbarians, Eagles, no route to supply). If Galleys, I'd rather rush it in M' Humor or O' Outlook.

9. Lanzelot

BTW: what is the gpt gain from 10% lux decrease this turn and last turn? I need to update our "account" with the Küche.

10. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

1) Mont barely survive, I cant see good reason to go North on Galleys now.
    So what your proposal with 1 Galley?
    We may have cash-rush Galley in M’Humor. But we may upgrade Warriors.
    OK
    Granary might be useful..
    Rax will waste of money while FP build. May be Granary first?
    Or Galley?
    Well, we still think to “run away”. Wall “now” will be 120g…
    Chariot will be better, I think.

Sure. My calculations were right. They had 5 fpt at Despotism and have (?) 10 fpt now. What they are doing now? If they Byzantia they have 6+3 spt when grow. Logically, if they are “Industrial” they may have 6+ 4 spt to have 1 turn worker factory. Any “proof” that they are not? Ask Kuhe…

Well, I cave in to Lanzelot’s request. But in general our Diplomacy (even with Kuche!) is very toothless. Eagles won everywhere and I am afraid, that Kuche’s plan will not work. Definitely, Anarhos and Eagles have long “strategical alliance”, most probably Eagles pay all techs to Anarhos for war vs us. Literature was “anarhos contribution”. I don’t want interfere, but please, Lanzelot verify this “suggestions” somehow. Kuche must know more about Eagles- Anrhos deals. Explain to them, that they are in real “long term danger”, Eagles domination with Anarhos support leave no chance not only for us but to them as well. We can’t afford to attack Anarhos and build TGL. Negotiate when they may give us MA techs. Clear, Eagles secure their supremacy over anarhos as well. “Non productive war”, despotic GA it will be very hard to recover from this factors. May be they can act as middleman and we may finish this war and recover a bit? Sure, soon will be some frictions in Ana-Eagles alliance, may be we all three may act against Eagles?

We need at least one more “combat settler in the middle of the lake, E-NE from Lanzelot edge. (If we are thinking about attack).

I can’t remember it’s name. 4NE than, OK?
    But if “occupited”? Unload somewhere anyway? Or may be go to TT?

We have 1 NM. +3 weak units. + we may return Chariot there. 2 Swords + 2 catapults will come turn later. But, probably, “burned land tactics” is the best option now.

11. Lanzelot

How about:
    - MH and OO finish their warriors and then two part-rushed galleys.
    - Yes, keep granary in Camelot. Might save a worker, and perhaps "later" (when we reach size 12) it can spit out another settler.
    - Let's start FP immediately? And worker-joins instead of granary. But at size 2, we should give it the two floodplains occasionally for 4-turn growth!
    - Ok, upgrade all warriors we have.

But we also need some NMs finally. How about NM in Avalon and Chariot in Camlann?

Carlion... ;)

Better don't unload on flat land. Just return, and we can unload on the horse hill later (together with swords from the south?)

Very difficult question. The 1/4 chariot will only be a "free elite promotion" for one of their Hoplites...
    However, we could unload 2 NMs 2N of TT in order to prevent horses attacking TT and then hope that our 5 junk defenders survive the attack of 2 swords, 1 archer, 2 Hoplites?
    But we may risk that we loose both NMs and TT as well... So better "burned land" and retreat all units for upgrade?! It's an ugly decision, after TT survived so long, but I think it's getting too risky now, especially as they must have some horses there by now.

I will take care of a diplomatic note to the Küche about the long term strategic danger.

12. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Playing now. Look at this:

I decide to "have a look with 2 NM. Clear, Anarhos care about Galley. But we may capture Worker now. 2NM may survive vs 2 swords and Trebuhet.
    Edit: decided to return.
    Next turn we may send reg warrior to capture Worker. I think it is better deal. Or do nothing and wait for more troops.
    10% lux 18 lpt.

Attached Files:

13. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Anybody saw save? Any suggestions?
    1) Send suicide Warrior to capture worker?
    2) Move forward Catapults+ stack?

Anarhos retreat. May be "demand" peace with good conditions?

3) it will take sometime before Camelot will have 30 spt. Is Archer good idea?

14. templar_x

i think landing the NMs on the hill would have been good. they either would have to withdraw the hoplit from that important hill 1s of Ivangorod, and/or open the mountains on the other shore for landings.

did you disband TT?

moving forward the stack seems to be the choice. if they do not respond, you will be able to make progress. and if they move everything to the front, they might be vulnerable over the lake.
    another ship should go along the coast in the south, so to even bind more of their forces! i think the edge-town should be swapped to a ship.

a few archers, a few cats. you will need hits so to not burn too many shields.

t_x

15. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

1) You mean hill "A"? Yes, good idea, but too late now. I decided to steal worker... Two turns after we may unload 8 units on Hill "A" or Galley may go to south front.
    3) L' edge can't build ships.
    Shall we move all workers on second hill? Otherwise 30 spt will be near end of GA...
    2) Yes, I did. Probably was wrong decision...

Attached Files:

16. templar_x

yes, A.

I meant the Outlook-town for a ship.

t_x

17. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

It will be possible to unload 2 units next turn with possibility 6 U more turn after. Or 8 U in 1 go. What do you think better?

Sure, Galley in O'Outlook. forgot to change.

18. templar_x

both is ok. unloading 8 units is going for an attack. unloading 2 may open up other options too, but of course unveals the landing plan.
    t_x

19. Lanzelot

If they use sugar hill (0/3), BG wheat (3/1), iGrass (1/0), 2 x iBG (2/2), floodplain (2/0) and (2/1) from city center, they have (10/7) food/shield, plus 3 on growth = (10/10). This gives a 1-turn WF, even if they are not industrial!

20. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Oh, indeed, it is two BG! I think we may use it arguments in Kuche's negotiation... We may argue that if we want barely survive we can't afford TGL, it will be more efficient if we pay them 1600 for the techs up two Education - Invention. To pretend, that we research it "ourselves" we may do it gradually, and even pay to them pro rata.

Question: anybody knows Industrial workers rate 1.66 or 1.75? We want to get 30 spt ASAP, it is Hill near Alalon or mine 2 plains IBT Camolt - Monsalvat. What will be better?