1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turnsession 5 Roleplay elements Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Gameplay' started by NZL, Apr 22, 2008.

1. NZL

NZL Proudly Flemish

Discuss here some roleplay elements that need to be added/changed ingame
    This OP will be updated and together with the other Turnsession 5 Discussion threads boil down to the Turnsession 5 instruction thread, about 48 hrs prior to Turnsession 5

Up for Discussion

1. I would like to hear some suggestion for a more original name for the Warlords city.
    2. Also, since we'll be founding a 4th city, we need a name for that as well.
    3. Maybe add some signs on the map like a name for the river and the shores and maybe some provinces or regions.
    4. ..??..

2. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

1) Nothing wrong with Sparta...other suggestions, North Watch, North Hold, or perhaps name it after a name for the hills?
    2) After pondering Cyrodil some more, I've changed my mind. I would like to name it Arkadia now after the ancient Greek city.
    3) I would be strongly in favor of the signs concept. I would suggest puting suggested land marks up for a vote, but limit the number of signs to a max of 2 per BFC, and then place signs when possible outside of a BFC to demark rivers, borders, valleys, ranges, etc... Paradise Hills is a well known name for where New Geruvegan was founded. The Golden plains (another great suggestion from Provo in the warband thread) is west of the Paradise Hills. There's also the Barren Hills west of the Golden Plains. We never did name the gulf/bay of Arete, and there are a couple of rivers in our borders already. I also feel that where the Warlord's City has been founded needs a name.

As for the forest west of the river where we initially started the game...I was thinking of Westward Marches or Westmyr Woods or Heartwoods, something that denotes the coming campaign against Spain and/or the home of our people's birth, where we emerged before moving to the coast.

4) It's strictly for RP/Historical purposes, but if it's not too much of a bother, I'd like to see signs where we met the villages that granted us the three free technologies.

Also, in the future, if there are any major battles...I mean with stacks fighting stacks then those battlefields should be named.

5) The land-ownership idea would be greatly enhanced if there was a way to visually illustrate and keep a record of who owns what tile. Also, a simple excel sheet with who controls what resource, along with another excel sheet of who the citizens are and what their title(s) is/are, and what faction they belong to, along with contact information.

6) Finally, I and others, were contacted by Rex regarding an interview about the rebellion. I liked this feature and feel that we need a guild of non-biased, i.e. non-faction aligned reporters or historians to cover such events.

7) This is the last idea for now, I swear! The tournaments...they are a great idea, and the last one that Ice2k4 started died, things like that shouldn't be allowed to happen. However, more contests designed to spart interest and discussion would be great for morale of the community.

3. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

As a citizen of Warlord City, I feel strongly for naming it "Thunderdome", which fits location with pigs, rice, desert, mountains, hills, spring of main river as well as a military theme.

4. Seidrik_The_Gray

Thunderholm? Thunderhold?

5. Provolution

I like Thunderdome, it has a special meaning here.

6. Seidrik_The_Gray

Like in the movie, Mad Max, and the song by Tina Turner?

7. Provolution

Yeah, that one. The mountains are shaped like a dome-like form as well.

Topography, land resources etc fit into the theme also.

Please read the Warlord City story, and you see.

8. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

Eh, I guess, but Cyrodil is surrounded by water, is it not? Doesn't really fit very well IMO.

I like Heartwoods. It should have more significance than being simply associated with "west," considering we orginated there.

I really like this idea. This should happen.

Agreed.

9. Seymoo

Seymoo The Sexmaster General

I propose Veda for the river, which means knowledge in sanskrit.
    Also during the ancient period often gods or sprites were associated with rivers. So I also suggest Veda be the name of a goddess or sprite in control of the river.

10. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Since we have started with a Greek city name, then went to a mythical ff12 city. For the 3rd Warlords City I suggest a city name with Japanese roots:
    Edo It was this extensive samurai (noble warrior class) population which defined the character of Edo
    Should offer the city to a faction or guild that is not part of the rebellion. Let themname the city and distribute land grants.
    As long as we don't go crazy with it I think it is a great idea :goodjob:.
    I really like the idea of citizens residing in a city and being a part of its council. I second this idea and would add that (1) Triad citizen in each city be named Magistrate. He would then be in charge of deciphering his cities wants and needs from the citizenry and bringing it before the Triad Consul.

11. Seidrik_The_Gray

Great ideas all of them. Edo has a nice ring to it and is martial sounding also. As for the river being Veda, I also like the sound of that.

Also, I change my mind on the name for the 4th city. I would like to go with Megalopolis from ancient Greece. See the description here

The Terrain near Megalopolis in ancient times even fits where it will most likely be placed as a bridge between the three first cities.

12. Provolution

LOL, and the Philosophy of Megalopolis would be Megalomania? :) LOL

13. Seidrik_The_Gray

LOL, I hadn't thought of that. I was just googleing ancient greek cities with the same kind of nearby terrain.

14. Provolution

I think its a great name for a future great city, and would last to the modern era as well.

15. Seidrik_The_Gray

Arkadia is another great name for said city...and I may even like it better. It's the name of the region where Megalopolis was founded, but sounds allot less pretencious. I think I'll edit my post again, lol.

16. Badhron

Badhron Warlord

I like Arkadia