[Tutorial] In-Game Cheats, Modding, & Debugging Using Console Commands

This is very simple if you have the Python code on hand.
Example to give money to player 0 (the human):
in the Python console (invoked with shift-~ as explained before) type:
player = gc.getPlayer(0) [hit ENTER]
player.setGold(5000) [hit ENTER]

that's all!

there are many many methods to call using your new variable 'player' (or whatever name to choose above).

It doesnt work. I have edited the civilizationIV.ini file,
then i says i have to press ~ to acces the console window.
But nothing happends when i press ~ !
The idea is to press ctrl + alt + "the button with the ~ symbole on" when your in a game right? well nothing happens, can someone help?

I have tried to get the console window to work but for some reason it refuses to come up. I have tried to press the "~" key by itself and along with various other buttons and so far nothing has happened, matter of fact it acts like nothing is even trying to happen. I am running "Civ 4 Beyond the Sword" along with its latest patch and was wondering if this is the reason it is not working. I also have edited the INI file on not only the normal civ4 4 file but also on Warlords and Beyond the Sword. If someone can please help me I would be eternally great full.

Ken

You need to change the appropriate .ini file first, to allow cheat mod. I don't recall the name, but it should be in the first post of this thread.

I did change the .ini file in all three, the original game and the two add on packs. I told dheat to = chipolte instead of 0.

I did change the .ini file in all three, the original game and the two add on packs. I told dheat to = chipolte instead of 0.

Note that the correct cheat code is chipotle, not "chipolte", as in:

CheatCode = chipotle

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom