1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial : integrate a 3d Model as a new Unit

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Modding Tutorials & Reference' started by ShiroToraRyu, Aug 26, 2018.

1. ShiroToraRyu

ShiroToraRyu Hoping for Civ 7

hey all,

this is a step by step Tutorial on how to integrate a Unit 3D Model into the game as a new custom Unit with unique 3D Art.
    Just download the rar file attached to this post, unpack it and start following the Tutorial :)

feel free to ask questions here.

Credits: Deliverator and Wolfdog

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  2. raen

raen Coat of Arms

Great Work! Would be great to have a manual importing from civ 5 to civ 6, hope that´s your next step ;)

3. ShiroToraRyu

4. raen

raen Coat of Arms

Unfortunelly does not have detail i need, but yours has, so I will try to match yours with the existent one.

Once more great job!

5. ShiroToraRyu

You should be able to convert a civ v unit to civ vi using both tutorials, but if you have trouble, feel free to ask for help.
    And soon I will ask you things about LUA again, mate. Just had trouble the last weeks with RL, that’s why I was not that active the last weeks.

raen likes this.
  6. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Thanks for creating this @ShiroToraRyu. :goodjob:

Personally I think that using Blender 2.49 for correcting Vertex Weight problems is not the best way. I generally use FGXViewer to test the .fgx animations against my rigged .fgx model then adjust in Blender 2.78 using Weight Paint mode or by editing Vertex Groups directly. Re-exporting to .cn6 and then re-testing in FGXViewer is quick. To load .fgx animations into FGXViewer you can just drag and drop the animation .fgx files into it.

ShiroToraRyu likes this.
  7. ShiroToraRyu

Thanks Deliverator :)

I will add your way for correcting vertex weights to the tutorial soon. Thanks, i didnt know your way with FGX Viewer before.

EDIT : Deliverator's way to correct vertex weights added now. i just pasted his words for the vertex weights correction step.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018