1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorials?

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Jawa'sRevenge, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Jawa'sRevenge

Jawa'sRevenge Chieftain

Is there any tutorials on how Rhyes of Civilizations and its components work internally and how you can add them to other mods?

2. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Chieftain

RFC is one huge mess of stuffs working together and fixed with millions of ropes. Honestly very hard to "extract" any part of it. The best way would be to rewrite what you really want.

3. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

I have looked through almost all of the Python code and a lot of the C++ code, and I'm sure others have done the same, especially the RFC Europe team. So I would advise you to ask questions here about elements you want to recreate.

4. Jawa'sRevenge

Jawa'sRevenge Chieftain

I was mainly interested in the City Name by Location thing, the AI wars, and the scripted barbarians

I tried opening the Python and dll files and they are like nothing I have seen before:eek:

Other code has made sense to me but this is beyond me:confused:

5. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

City names should work with the city name manager python files (plus the even manager stuff). The only problem might be the removing of the city name pop-up on city build, I am not sure if this is in python or c++.

Barbs and war maps would certainly work with only python changes.

Of the above, the barb file would be the easiest to understand and move to another mod. (the barb functions also get called from the even manager and handler files)

Firaxis could have done a better job in documenting their code (there are no comments, just intuitive function and variable names that are sometimes not that intuitive). Rhye has almost no comments for his contributions (just comments to distinguish between Rhye's and Firaxis' code).