TV-01: A Noble Beginning

IBT Huayna offers us an interesting little deal:

Uh.................no? :hammer2: Wow, that was tough to turn down. :rolleyes:

TURN 6 (780AD) Alphabet is discovered. Let's see what we can get from our buddies:

I see nobody has Metal Casting or Theology or Code of Laws. :D Good. Gandhi appears to have Alphabet though. I really don't want to give up Metal Casting and Theology, so let's see how much I can get by trading COL.
I trade COL to Hattie for:

I trade COL and Polytheism to Cyrus for:

I trade COL (and Theology unfortunately) to Catherine for:

and

Lionhead finishes Courthouse and I begin a lighthouse. Unhappiness is gone in Rome due to our newly connected gems. :cool: I start researching Calendar.

TURN 7 (800AD) Whoops. Forgot to make peace with Caeser :smoke: . Let's see what we can get:

I'll take it! ;) Calendar enables us to start bulidng plantations for happiness and wealth. Being creative and able to buils cheap theaters (after researching Drama), dyes give us an extra :) . Good times..... I start researching Feudalism.
We are at 60% research now and with peace we can concentrate on further improving our happiness and economy. First step in that direction is I switch our civics to Heredity Rule. Not only will it give us extra happiness, but it happens to be the favorite civic of Catherine (who is currently annoyed with us and happens to have the biggest army at the moment :eek: ), Huayna Capac (also annoyed) and Hatshepsut. Our relations with all three shuld begin to improve. Also note that Catherine doesn't like Gandhi, so our inevitable war with him will else help warm her to us.

TURN 8 (820AD) Workers begin building plantations.

TURN 9 (840AD) Gandhi asks for OB, I say no (Catherine would not be pleased).

TURN 10 (860AD) Hmmmmmm........

I really can't say no if I want to get her to like us, but I also don't want a herd of war elephants loitering around our borders either :( . So I agree, but I'm setting a reminder to cancel this deal as soon as 10 turns pass.

Nicely enough, giving Catherine the Ivory upgrades her attitude to cautious. So I think that was a good choice.

That's it! Please note that Antium, Rome and Munich have more than one building/unit in their build queue. So feel free to remove or delay each item as you see fit. We have a lot of Courthouses almost finished, so our economy should keep improving. I think we've spread Christianity to most of our cities, so when the time is right we should convert to Organized Religion to boost or building times.

The world as we know it:

And the save:

Attachments

• Succession Gamer AD-0860.Civ4SavedGame
    158.9 KB · Views: 71
first, we completed the colossus. i also did some micromanaging in the cities to maximise commerce in particular.

i made a few trades:
with Gandhi:

with Catherine:

then it was time for war on my final turn:

will i ever get a fight? :cry:

we also have a prophet in hamburg ready to found the Church of the Nativity.

Attachments

• Succession Gamer AD-1060.Civ4SavedGame
    167.4 KB · Views: 74
Turn 1: I use our Great Prophet to pop Church of Nativity in Hamburg. Make a few small changes in what tiles our cities are working.

Turn 2: My forces strike against Caesar's final bastion, Cumae. First up is one of our axes against one of theirs, unfortunately ours goes down. History repeats itself as we lose another axe in an axe/axe matchup. Then our third axe takes down an archer, our fourth axe kills another archer, and our fifth axe kills a spearman taking Cumae for ourselves. But what's this? Caesar lives! I was under the impression Cumae was Caesar's last city but apparently he had two more hidden to the east. Our war campaign is not over yet.

Turn 3: Catherine asks for Literature which I cede for it gave us +8 over the -7 we had (whereas it would be +7/-8 if I had refused). I can't help but notice she's considerably unhappy with us and it's because of our religion. In any case I move on and start an aqueduct in Lionhead.

Turn 4: I send a spear to scout out what kind of defenses Caesar has and accidentally run into two archers, one of whom I kill another who fells the spearman. Nevertheless I learn Ravenna has two defenders. Easy pickings! I start an aqueduct in Berlin and a swordsman in Cologne when I get the news that Huamanga (the Inca city to the north) has revolted. Just one more revolt and that yellow spot in our empire will be gone.

Turn 5: Huayna Capac is considerably angry at us, canceling our bannanna/cow deal. I can't help but think Capac is going to declare war against us soon, we really need to finish Rome off. I make a controversial decision and convert to Judaism, bringing Catherine and Cyrus to pleased and Hat to friendly (everyone didn't like our religion). My reasoning is that not only were we running paganism and therefore not getting much out of a state religion but this gives us the option of using hat to attack Huayna if it looks like he's about to attack us and therefore avoid war altogether. Plus we have some nice allies (I figure a move towards free religion would be a good idea too once we have it). Start a granary in Cumae.

Turn 6: Start a aqueduct in Hamburg and a Jewish Monastery for missionaries in Antium (our only jewish city) so we can not only get more bonuses from judaism but also so we'll get more bonuses when we eventually adopt free religion.

Turn 7: Start a forge in Cologne and Rome.

Turn 8: Paper finishes and I start Machinery to put us on the road towards Banking for more income. Munich and Antium begin swordsmen. Cyrus wants to swap world maps and I agree. Capac wants to trade dye for horses. While this would improve relations with him this is a war resource and I'm certainly not giving him something he can use against us so I decline. Caesar wants peace and is willing to give us 100 gold. How can I refuse? (I do of course and check to see if he has anything else worthwhile, which he doesn't).

Turn 9: Antium starts a missionary.

Turn 10: We trade world maps with Hat. I begin the assault against Ravenna. Our Axe wins against another Axe and then against an archer against all odds. I raze Ravenna to the ground which was in the middle of the desert of all places (nice city placement there Caesar). This leaves Rome with one city to go but I'm out of time so whoever goes next will get to put the old man down. I accidentally lose a horse archer when going to scout out his last city to a random spearman and that is the wonderful note I end on.

The Western Front

The Eastern Front

The War Campaign

Succession_Gamer_AD-1190

destroy neapolis and wipe caesar off the map. incidentally ravenna wasn't quite as bad as you made out: corn, iron and sheep plus coast and some (limited) plains land. it could have made an alright early game city. there were only 5 desert tiles (- hills and iron). i have seen the AI set up worse cities.

With Ravenna I figured if we wanted a city around there we can always put a settler somewhere along the coast in that area. Also in case you're not aware eznihm you're up.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to need to drop out - I am having a busy time IRL.

Okay then flaming is up. Also if any lurkers want to fill in our 3rd slot that'd be great.

Good move in converting to Judaism to get in the AI's good graces! We certainly don't want all of them ganging up on us. Better to bring em down one civ at a time! :sniper: :aargh:

I'm going to need a skip/swap.

This is graduation (from HS) week for me, and I'm way too busy to do much of anything until Friday @ the earliest.

So...anyone?

Alright. I've got the save and will play tonight.

Sorry. Didn't get a chance to play last night. Will play/post tonight after the Ducks win the Stanley Cup. :goodjob:

Sorry again everybody. Ducks won the cup tonight and I have been out celebrating a little. :beer: I will take my turns after work tomorrow unless you are all tired of waiting and want to skip me. If not, I promise to get this done by tomorrow!

Top Bottom