1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TV-01: A Noble Beginning

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Tivrames, May 13, 2007.

1. Tivrames

Tivrames Chieftain

Don't worry about it white, as long as you haven't gone MIA or something.

2. mrwhite89

mrwhite89 Bad Lieutenant

Sotry everybody, but I'll have to back out of this game. Too much RL going on. Good luck with this game.

3. Codeman

Codeman King

lurker's comment:
    i will have time to grab a set tomorrow. not enough time to actually be part of the roster, but would love to play a set. :) just say the word Tivrames.

also, may want to advertise in the SG registration thread for players.

4. Tivrames

Tivrames Chieftain

Go for it codeman and yeah I'll see if we can get more people.

EDIT: Okay so I posted in the registration thread for more people and figure the turnsets will work out as so...

1) Codeman will play a temp turn.
    2) If flaming is available (he said he would be available by today I think) he can go next.
    3) After flaming (or if flaming can't go) will be tycoonist and then myself.

The new turn list after this little mess will look like so...

Slot 1: tycoonist
    Slot 2: Tivrames
    Slot 3: FlamingLnfernal
    Slot 4: [New Player 1]
    Slot 5: [New Player 2]

Hope this works for everyone. If not then just drop me a line.

5. azaris

azaris King

lurker's comment:

Tivrames, I'd be happy to join as a replacement if you'll have me.

6. Tivrames

Tivrames Chieftain

That'd be great azaris. Welcome to the team.

7. Codeman

Codeman King

got it. will play/post either tonight or in the morning.

8. FlamingLnfernal

FlamingLnfernal Chieftain

Finally, grad stuff is over.

I look forward to looking at our history : )

9. Codeman

Codeman King

i got up this morning and sat down for some civ while i drank my coffee. then i couldn't find my vanilla disk. :eek: after searching everywhere i find out my brother-inlaw borrowed it. :mad: he took it since i play warlords mostly. :mad:

i will have to go back to lurking until he returns it. i'm sorry for unnecessarily delaying your game. :sad:

10. Tivrames

Tivrames Chieftain

Okay then here's the current turn list since this keeps getting delayed.

Slot 3: FlamingLnfernal [Up to bat]
    Slot 4: azaris
    Slot 5: [New Player 2]

If flaming can't go I'm just going to take a turn because we've been delayed for quite some time.

11. Sammcs

Sammcs Chieftain

I'll take slot 5.

12. azaris

azaris King

I make that 48 hours since we last heard from FlamingLnfernal. I could play and report today, if you want, Tivrames.

Edit: Got it.

13. Tivrames

Tivrames Chieftain

Sure go for it. And welcome to the team samm.

14. Sammcs

Sammcs Chieftain

Is azaris going to finish his turn within a couple hours? If not, I need sleep. If so, I'm not sure I should be playing in the wee hours of the morning. Wouldn't want to make any :smoke: decisions. However, if called upon, I will :hammer: our opponents.

15. azaris

azaris King

I take a look at the save and unforunately things are not so good. We are lagging in tech, have exhausted our military, and are fighting with axemen in the medieval era even though we can build jumbos and cats. I make it my priority to build a stronger, more modern, army.

We're in good stead with Hatty and should use her as an ally. She is not willing to attack HC right now, but might be in the future. Keep en eye out for that.

Turn 0: Trade Paper to Cyrus for Machinery + 40 gold. We won't get Liberalism but will get macemen sooner. Berlin and Hamburg start jumbos. Antium starts a catapult. Cumae needs a courthouse, stat. We absolutely don't need aqueducts now, I scrap all of them from the queues.

Lionhead will make a nice commerce city. I micromanage the cities to produce a bit more commerce and up the research to 90% (-23 gpt), Civil Service due in 7.

Turn 1: Cathy offers us Civil Service for our money + Paper. Why not, saves a bit of time. She is now Friendly so there's a slightly smaller chance she'll backstab us. I start researching Engineering, due in 18. We have a very poor military at the moment.

Turn 2: Huamanga joins, I raze it. We gain a longbow.

Turn 3: Hatty would now go to war against HC with us.

Turn 4: I'm pretty much building military everywhere. It takes ages to move the units to the front, so Engineering will come in handy.

Turn 5: We have a religion but are in Paganism? :nono: Since we are building an army I make a civics switch to Theocracy + Bureaucracy.

Turn 6: Gandhi circumnavigates.

Turn 7: Islam founded in Bombay. Cathy completes Notre Dame. I attack Neapolis with one sword, three axes, one HA and one chariot. The sword beats an archer at 24.3%. Unfortunately all the rest lose their battles. :mad:

Turn 8: Reinforcements are approaching.

Turn 9: I suicide a catapult on Neapolis and a longbow takes out the spear. The remaining archer is almost dead and falls easily to my sword. Neapolis and the Romans are no more.

Turn 10: We now have a sizable medieval army closing in on Ollantaytambo.

Our next conquest should be HC as I really dislike Ollantaytambo. He has mostly ancient units so we should be able to take him out. Let's do research by the sword, pillage and raze for cash and then run deficit research. It's the best way to catch up. :hammer:

We managed to climb a bit on the power rating. I suggest we keep it up.

16. Tivrames

Tivrames Chieftain

Azaris - You can read up on the whole deal about the religion thing on my last turn. We were still running paganism because only one city even had judaism.

Samm - You have 24 hours to confirm you have the save and 48 hours to play the turn so no rush :p.

Slot 3: FlamingLnfernal
    Slot 4: azaris
    Slot 5: Sammcs [Up to bat]

17. Sammcs

Sammcs Chieftain

Got it. Will post update shortly.

18. Sammcs

Sammcs Chieftain

Turn 0 - Noticed a :smoke: in Lionhead. We were working a 1/1/0 so I switched to work a cottage. Makes hardly any shield difference and we need the cottage to mature. Made a few changes in other cities, whereby I might lose 1 shield but started working on a cottage. Better tradeoff. I cancel our ivory tribute to Cathy. We're giving Hatty Iron? Uhhh... I guess we're getting incense, but still... Hatty has a source of iron too... Whatever. I hit enter.

Turn 1 - Huayna demands we give him Literature.

Seeing as we're going to attack him soon, I tell him to get bent. Start building a barracks in Munich and start some more cats. You can never have enough.

Turn 2 - Pumping out more units. A GE is born in Lionhead. He can bulb Engineering, but we only have 4 turns left. I'll put him to sleep for a future project.

Turn 3 - More of the same. However, I need to set the slider to 50% so we can gain some cash. We're too low as it is. BREAKING NEWS: I negotiated some deals so we can get back to 70%, which includes a demand from Cathy, as a "good friend" of course. We needed the gpt badly. MORE BREAKING NEWS: Masterful MM results in +4 gpt at 70%. Yes!

Turn 4 - :coffee:

Turn 5 - :sleep:

Turn 6 - Engineering comes in. I'd assume we're chasing Liberalism, thus I choose Philosophy. Everything is moving much more quickly. Everyone has Philosophy except Huayna... Argh. However, we have engineering on Ghandi. Hmmm...

Should I? Damnit, he already has education. I think we're out of the race. I don't want to give him engineering anyway.

Well, we do need a lot of money. And Ghandi is the only one without Engineering. Besides Huayna. I go ahead and do it. I got music in there as well. We'll need it for Military Tradition.

Turn 7 - More units. I try to get drama for metal casting from Hatty as everyone else has it.

She must almost have it. She wants MC + 550 gold for drama. No way.

Turn 8 - As soon as the round begins our friend, Cathy the ginger, demands this of us.

I don't want to cancel my deals with Ghandi, and I don't want any aggression from our Indian friend. We're way friendly with Cathy, so I tell her to bend ov... Get bent. >_> Ouch. -2. We're still friendly though. I ask her for free stuff, but I get the noble backhand every time. :sad: We have good forces built up near Ollaytaytambobabalooza. I go ahead and declare. We have plenty of reinforcements on the way, and are producing many more. Better to attack now. His defenses are going up.

And oh my! look at our power! Woohoo! WAR!!! :evil:

Turn 9 - I siege Ollyollyoxenfree. It's defenses will be down next turn. I move our SoD near Tiwanaku.

Turn 10 - Ollivertwist's defense is all the way down. Our SoD approaches Tiwanaku. I took out a longbow that was "threatening" Rome. I've been researching Philo, and I think it may be a bit wasteful. However, pacifism could be helpful. It's almost done anyways. I press enter to go to 1400 AD and leave it to the next player.

As soon as we get to 1400 AD, Ghandi gets to Liberalism... Damn.

I think Huayna is short for this Earth. Keep up the offensive, and just don't make any :smoke: moves like continuing to research a tech after it's lost its primary purpose... :mischief: I wonder who did that. Anyways we're a bit behind in tech, but while the other civs may have hordes of students and thespians, we have the army to take it away from them. After Huayna I say we build a little infrastructure and quickly move onto Ghandi. He'll probably have a modern armor in the next few turns. I also built a few pikemen just in case Ghandi goes crazy and actually picks up military tradition. We seem to be okay though.

Save is attached.

19. Sammcs

Sammcs Chieftain

Sidenote: I have a few units running to Ollay and Tiwanaku. So that's where a lot of maces, catapults, and elephants are going for the curious/confused.

20. azaris

azaris King

Cathy is annoyed with Gandhi, so at some suitable moment she might solve our little problem. I think you can generally break deals with Gandhi without much effect. I did mention I traded Paper away because I thought we were losing the race anyway and needed macemen and Bureaucracy more. Once we control the majority of cities on the continent the scale effect kicks in and we blast past the AIs in tech.