1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TV-01: A Noble Beginning

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Tivrames, May 13, 2007.

1. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

uh, since when did we decide to declare on HC? or have i just missed something?

ah well, i wont press charges because i hate HC and i love a good fun war. got it and will play tomorrow.

2. Tivrames

Tivrames Chieftain

I think he just made an impromptu decision on that one. We did have terrible relations with him for quite some time though and he might have taken a shot at us instead.

3. Sammcs

Sammcs Chieftain

Plus azaris wanted to clean him off the map soon. It would have been a tad foolish to try and "build up" while we had the advantage. Plus our power far outreaches his. Just seemed like a "duh" decision. After all his land becomes ours I think we'll all agree it was pretty sound. Plus, like you mentioned, he freaking hated us. No reason to keep him around. No one really liked him anyway.

4. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

only played half the turns sorry. report tomorrow promise.

5. azaris

azaris King

That's alright, but only if you took out HC in the first half and are now going to take out Gandhi. :D

6. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

no but we are half way there with HC...

7. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

i'm sorry but i will have no time to play until next saturday (not this one) because of exams. consider me skipped

8. Tivrames

Tivrames Chieftain

Got it. Will play tomorrow night.

9. FlamingLnfernal

FlamingLnfernal Chieftain

I'm not dead anymore.

10. Tivrames

Tivrames Chieftain

Turn 1: The attack on Ollantoytambo begins. Suicide two catas for collateral damage then send in the troops. Elephant v Longbow (W), Maceman v Longbow (W), Elephant v Longbow (L despite good win % :\), Mace v Longbow (W), Mace v Pike (W). Use a cata to take the city from a low hp pike. Burn it to the ground as there are much better cities to take in the south.

Turn 2: The Venerable Bede lists us the #1 Culture Civ. Munich starts a catapult.

Turn 3: Start up Guilds once Pacifism finishes. I figure we should move towards gunpowder. Our army is getting quite big and we can easily take out another civ right after HC goes down. Gunpowder can only help. Lionhead starts a War Elephant, Rome a cata, and Antium a maceman.

Turn 4: Cologne starts a cata and Berlin starts an elephant. GA pops in Berlin. Send him over to Lionhead where we have a GE stationed. Maybe we should start a golden age when this war is over?

Turn 5: Cata attacks my stack near Olly and loses to a maceman. Hamburg starts a maceman, Munich the same, and Rome a granary. An axeman comes up in the south from Ghandi's territory I think. He managed to raze a mine but I send over a maceman who kills him.

Turn 6: Cologne starts an elephant. One of my elephants takes out a wandering crossbowman. I start the attack on Tiwanaku (been using catas to lower city defense to 0% before this). Send in two catas for collateral damage, one dies one withdraws. Then Mace v Longbow (W), Mace v Longbow (L with good % too :\), Mace v Long (W), Mace v Long (W), and finally Mace v Long (W). Take the city.

Turn 7: Apparently there is an enemy stack 1 space away from the city I just took. It sends in a cata against my stack doing collateral damage but dies of course. Then it sends in a crossbowman that losses to one of my elephants. Antium starts a cata, Berlin a mace. I send in a cata to soften up their stack and it withdraws after doing some collateral damage.

Turn 8: They send in another cata against my stack which withdraws. Then they send in a mace which kills one of my maces. Rome starts an ele and Berlin a mace.

Turn 9: They send in a mace which loses to one of my war elephants then send in a crossbowman which wins against one of my elephants. Munich starts and elephant and Cologne and Antium start macemen. I send in a elephant which kills a crossbowman and then send in a maceman which kills their cata.

Turn 10: I start sending units east (I've also been sending units SW towards Manchu Pichu so we basically have two armies) and my horse archers run into trouble. One horse archer is taken out by a pikeman. The 2nd horse archer goes up against a longbowman and wins but then loses against a 2nd longbowman. Elephant takes out this 2nd longbowman. Berlin starts a courthouse. I look over and notice Lionhead is undefended. Apparently I accidently move everything in Lionhead SE (including the GA and GE!!!). Please send them back before they are killed :p.

The War Effort

West Empire

East Empire

Power Rating (Gone up a bit eh)

Succession_Gamer_AD-1500

Flaming is up next.

11. azaris

azaris King

We're bleeding money left and right at the moment. To keep up our research we really need to be in war, pillaging and looting to make up for the deficit. But might I suggest we also consider teching towards Mercantilism? If we get markets up by then we can run free merchants in every city. We also have a lot of cottages that aren't worked at the moment.

Only Gandhi is seriously ahead of us in tech but he lacks military and should be our next target. It would be nice to get Cathy involved, too.

12. azaris

azaris King

Do you have the save and intend to play, FlamingLnfernal, or have we fallen into another limbo?

13. Tivrames

Tivrames Chieftain

Flaming is MIA so azaris you're up.

14. FlamingLnfernal

I just uploaded the save. Will play within next 48 hours.

For some reason I'm not receiving notifications that this thread has been posted in. I might have changed it to weekly updates, or something.

If Azaris gets to it, then he can play it.

15. azaris

azaris King

Play on, Sir Flaming, and wipe out the dastardly Incas.

16. FlamingLnfernal

Playing Now...

Inherited Turn

See stack near Cuzco. (It's ours). See town/copper near CUzco. We're gonna pillage that. Wounded ele goes to Tiwa to heal. I've set one worker to build trade routes (automated). Why are we building a settler in Lionhead? It's got 3 ange r(Including 3 from War Weariness)! Whip it to size 9 while making a Jewish Temple. No anger anymore! Maceman outside Machu Pichu atks maceman at 3 and wins! Two more maces take the city at odds of %. All units from that stack that weren't injured are now en route to Munich in case we want to eat Gandhi soon. Going to park 1 S of Munich for a Bombay target.

Turn 1
    We get guilds. Banking in 7. Rome builds war eleand begins Grocer. Knights are now avaialble. I pillaged away Cuzco's Town. + about 80 gold. Mace kills lone longbow wandering overr Banana Plantation in Cuzco's land

Turn 2: Hamburg makes War Ele and Munich does to. Hamburg begins a Market, and Munich begins a Knight. Cumae makes Catapault, now making forge. Troops are now within one space of Cuzco and it is heavily defended.

Turn 3 - Cathy takes away 6 GPT (cancelled deal). We lose 2 maces outside of Cuzco, but kill 1. Those are all IBT, btw.
    Settler in Lionhead completes, and I put it to sleep. Now building a knight there. Tiwa is now building library. Hatty converts to her own Taoist religion. We hate her now. Or something. Cuzco bombed down to 36%

Turn 4-Cat offers Gold for Marble, I counter offer Gold for Marble + 3 GPT. Court in Berlin done. But why???? It has low cost as it is...
    Grocer starts there. Cologne builds Mace, and is now building a Knight. Cuzco is down to 0%.

Turn 5- Inbetween turns we lose a mace and kill a amce outside of Cuzco. Capac offers peace along with Banking and Compass. He even thew in 10 gold when pressed, as well as a World Map. I'm leaning towards saying yes, and redclaring in 10 turns (He only has one person who thinks positively about him...Cathy...) However, it will set our warpath back.

So I'm asking for advice from my teammates. And in case I don't get back, I'm posting the save too.

17. FlamingLnfernal

18. azaris

azaris King

We get Banking in 3 turns and Compass is useless. Just kill him and be done with it.

19. Tivrames

Tivrames Chieftain

I agree with azaris. Also I'm not sure why Lionhead was training a settler. Maybe I misclicked. Can't hurt to have one ready though if we need him.

20. Sammcs

Sammcs Chieftain

I agree with tiv and azaris.