TV public execution would U watch?

• yes

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • no

Votes: 59 71.1%

• Total voters

IAM

Emperor
If there were a public execution on television, would you watch it?

I would, at least the first one, or if it was someone like Osama Bin Laden. Cann't be bothered to watch executions all day though. Knowing america it wouldn't take long before we had a game show out of it. :crazyeye:

Of course not, that's morbid. I would, however, volunteer to rip the condemned's throat out with my teeth. But not on television, you sicko.

Only if it was done with enough razmataz, and / or some interesting competition.

Spoiler :
:joke:

No, i oppose the death penalty.

I might watch some kind of public caning/beating if the one being punished is someone of interest to me.

A common criminal? No.

A dictator who's made my life on this planet hell? YES

fa sheezy ma neezy.

at least once.

Nope. I oppose the death penalty. I can't see how I would personally feel better after *watching* a guy like Saddam die.

Nope. I oppose the death penalty. I can't see how I would personally feel better after *watching* a guy like Saddam die.

Well they pulled the lever on him as he was rambling on about religion or some such...

Probably would have been quite a shock to see, and quite literal gallows humor! Or would be, if he had made the joke.

This just highlights one of the main rules of killing: always do it while they're still talking, or while you're still talking. People always expect both to be finished before the actual killing occurs.

--

On-topic:

Hmm. Possibly. Just to see how shocked I'd be.

Possibly. Probably depend on who is being whacked. Public executions used to draw crowds.

Possibly. Probably depend on who is being whacked. Public executions used to draw crowds.

I believe it's the same reason people flock to (bloody) horror: the unseen. You're not used to seeing blood and gore everywhere, so seeing it every so often has a disturbing appeal to us all(or many of us, at least). But overused, it loses that special quality and becomes "meh."

In a way, horror movies could count as the modern version of the rush from seeing a brutal execution.

I'm just attempting to be an intellectual, though, using stuff I learned about horror in an English class and applying it to other things. :dunno:

Nah, that's what videogames are for!

Not really, and anyways, executioners are incompetant (barring the Pierreponts)

no, never. not even if it was the most sordid mean sob that ever lived.

If this wasn't an anonymous internet forum I'd probably say "no way", but I guess I'd watch a couple of them out of morbid curiosity.

No thanks.

Top Bottom