Tweaking Existing Traits

jax2947

Chieftain
Hello! I'm somewhat new to the whole modding scene.

However, urged on with a good idea and a sudden bevy of free time, I decided to take up some more modding. However, I can't seem to get the hang of creating new traits.

I have read the entirety of Kael's (blessed be the Kael) guide to modding and have basically followed through with the process of adding a new civilization. However, He was some what tacit on the whole part of making a new trait. I understand that there is some schema for existing traits. However, I'm not sure as to where to find that.

Also, while I know that in order to make an entirely new trait that is nothing like the existing traits, you need to use lua, which is something that I'm not willing to do just yet, I was wondering if I could drastically tweak the existing traits.

For example, I wish to make a civilization that focuses on benefiting from high populations. Thus I wanted a trait off of the existing library benefit so that the civilization gets bonus science per 2 population. However, I also wanted to give him extra production from the same per 2 population. And, as if I wasn't greedy enough, I want chance the numbers on exactly how much science and production he gets from the per 2 population.

Is what I'm attempting even possible and if so, will anyone point me in the right direction?

TL;DR

1. Where is the schema/table/list for existing Traits
  2. Can I add effects to the existing traits
  3. Can I change the values on the bonuses of the existing traits

Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Moderator Action: Moved to main C&C forum as it is more appropriate there. It is a question, not a tutorial.

Top Bottom