Tweedles stand up to be counted.

Abegweit

Anarchist trader
I really don't understand why I care whether Tweedledum or Tweedledee wins. Will Romney be even worse than Obama on Iran? Will he be marginally better on reining in the regulators? The right answer to these questions is obviously "who could possibly care"? Unfortunately I am hopelessly to addicted to politics even as I refuse to vote, except in self-defence. So here's the answer for all of you with the same disease.

Tweedledum takes it.

Nohow. Contrariwise.

I think they should fight for it.

Alice said afterwards she had never seen such a fuss made about anything in all her life -- the way those two bustled about

I've got a wonderfully innovative new idea. Instead of having an election, we should pit the two candidates in a no-holds-barred 2v2 cage match. Last one alive gets the Presidency.

It'd at least be more entertaining.

I can't see any real difference between the two - I have gotten to the point where I refuse to vote for either wing of our one party. I haven't checked out the third party and independent candidates yet, but that's where my vote will go

I really don't understand why I care whether Tweedledum or Tweedledee wins. Will Romney be even worse than Obama on Iran? Will he be marginally better on reining in the regulators? The right answer to these questions is obviously "who could possibly care"? Unfortunately I am hopelessly to addicted to politics even as I refuse to vote, except in self-defence. So here's the answer for all of you with the same disease.

Tweedledum takes it.

You're ignoring the fact that there are more than 2 candidates for President. :rolleyes:

Re: Iran, what do you mean by 'worse'? What do you think Obama is doing wrong, and what do you think he should be doing?

As for the regulators, which ones do you think are going too far, and how do you think Romney would act differently?

And I dispute the idea that nobody should care. On the contrary, who wins elections matter very much. Just imagine how the 2000s would have been different if Al Gore had won. Do you really think that 100,000 Iraqis would be dead because of us? Do you think the Patriot Act would have been renewed, assuming it would have been passed the first time?

Or what if McCain had won in 2008? Do you think the Tea Party would have taken hold of the Republican tail and spun the whole beast around further to the right?

No, I think you're mistaken. Elections do matter very much. Especially for those on the margins: the poor, the sick, the elderly, the weakest among us. Elections can literally mean life and death.

This election makes no difference because Obama and Romney are basically clones.

If it had been Obama VS Santorum it would have mattered a little. If it had been Obama VS Paul, it would have mattered a lot.

But our party picked Mitt Romney, so who cares?

I sure don't. Actually, I want the liberal oligarch to beat the "Conservative" oligarch, in hopes that the Republican party will learn something next time.

America needs more regulators, not less (look at wall street...)

I've got a wonderfully innovative new idea. Instead of having an election, we should pit the two candidates in a no-holds-barred 2v2 cage match. Last one alive gets the Presidency.

It'd at least be more entertaining.

I'd accept this only if the candidates are allowed to arm themselves with whatever weapons they would have as of yesterday allowed the populace to possess:mischief:

This means that Ron Paul can have pretty much any machine gun, and Romney and Obama get pistols:mischief:

(And I'm designating Ron Paul a "Candidate" because that's where my vote would go if I could:p)

I can't see any real difference between the two - I have gotten to the point where I refuse to vote for either wing of our one party. I haven't checked out the third party and independent candidates yet, but that's where my vote will go

Just wondering since I don't think I've asked you, what's your opinion on Ron Paul?

America needs more regulators, not less (look at wall street...)

Can we start with regulating the right to choose and who you can marry?:mischief:

Tweedledum takes it.

Abe, you so crazy.

Quit whining, find a candidate you like and vote.

Just wondering since I don't think I've asked you, what's your opinion on Ron Paul?

Don't like him - I'm opposed to everything he wants (at least from what I've read about him, maybe there's something we agree on but I haven't found it yet)

I'd accept this only if the candidates are allowed to arm themselves with whatever weapons they would have as of yesterday allowed the populace to possess:mischief:

This means that Ron Paul can have pretty much any machine gun, and Romney and Obama get pistols:mischief:

(And I'm designating Ron Paul a "Candidate" because that's where my vote would go if I could:p)

Now that just wouldn't be fair. I want to see Ryan kicking Biden's teeth in, or Obama smashing Romney with a haymaker to the face!

...But we really SHOULD allow third-party candidates as well. Cage match with everyone!

Remember, last one alive gets emergency medical care and the presidency.

Note: Ryan does P90-X. Don't underestimate him in the ring.

But our party picked Mitt Romney, so who cares?

You say this, and every time you do I get the distinct impression you don't know what you're talking about. There's a reason they picked Mittens, and that was because he was the only one running who had any chance of winning.

Would you really have been happier to see the Republicans pick Paul or Perry, and then watch Obama get 65+% of the vote?

Now that just wouldn't be fair. I want to see Ryan kicking Biden's teeth in, or Obama smashing Romney with a haymaker to the face!

...But we really SHOULD allow third-party candidates as well. Cage match with everyone!

Remember, last one alive gets emergency medical care and the presidency.

Note: Ryan does P90-X. Don't underestimate him in the ring.

:lol:

I don't like Paul Ryan either though;)

@History Buff- I'm sick of big government conservatives, they're more of the same as big government liberals.

I'd rather have seen Ron Paul put up a legitimate fight, and... 65%? Really?

Really now?

@History Buff- I'm sick of big government conservatives, they're more of the same as big government liberals.

I'd rather have seen Ron Paul put up a legitimate fight, and... 65%? Really?

Really now?

If not higher. I mean, Ron Paul really is a bit of a lunatic. The media would rip him apart inside of two days.

For Club of lefty crud reference:

Our opposition leader and leader of the biggest party in the country was an orphan. Adopted by a lumberjack and factory worker. Later became a welder and union man. Worked his way up the Metalworkers' Union to become elected into the Swedish Social Democratic Workers' Party executive board. Now he is the leader of the opposition.

So, what the hell is my point? I trust him.

If not higher. I mean, Ron Paul really is a bit of a lunatic. The media would rip him apart inside of two days.

Ron Paul the lunatic? Really?

I think Ron Paul could beat Obama. I think he'd have a lot of support from younger, collegegoing voters. Unfortunately, they usually aren't Republican and so weren't usually able to vote for him.

You mean Ron paul the racist bigot who believes that americans only really come in one color (hint it's only white)

I'm fine with black people being white if you like. Makes no difference to me. People all look kind of skin colour to me.

Top Bottom