Twin Peaks return - expectations?

Looking forward to see it. I liked the first part, though it could be even better if they wouldn't overextend it.

looking forward to it but feel I will be disappointed
the original just had to many new quirky story telling angels to it that have now been used countless times in countless series, so unless they can uphold their originality and break new ground .....

It will be awesome.

David Lynch is directing. Ergo it will be good.

I have great hope for it. Then again, I'm a huge David Lynch fan and him and Mark Frost being in creative control of the entire new season (which wasn't the case with season 2 and it suffered for it), is very reassuring.

More Twin Peaks. Didn't watch it back in the day. Then when it was off the air someone told me "Twin Peaks" referred to women's breasts, and I wish I had. I was young...

Turns out he/she is in:

Hm:

news said:
The series, set 25 years after the story last ended, will apparently not include original cast members Lara Flynn Boyle (who played Donna Hayward) and Piper Laurie (who played Catherine Martell) when it airs next year. New characters will be played by Naomi Watts, Tom Sizemore, Jessica Szohr, Amanda Seyfried, Matthew Lillard, Balthazar Getty, Hailey Gates, Michael Cera, Tim Roth , Ernie Hudson, Ashley Judd and David Koechner as well as the musicians Eddie Vedder, Sharon Van Etten and Trent Reznor.

Rather overkill?

Tom Sizemore :lol:, i can see him in TP, yes.

Last edited:
Wild guess - Donna and James's daughter :)

One of my favorite moments from the first part:

Well, i am trying to watch episode 1. The first 35 min* were very bad imo.

Spoiler :
moreso the end of the 35 min, which was frankly ludicrous. Ok, maybe later on it will be revealed to be a delusion or whatever - ie they didn't die then- but even so, it was bad. And Lynch really overdoes it with naked women - with awesome bodies. Plot is bad :/

Binged on what came out, bottom line this is like Lynch's entire career supercharged and packaged into this show. Personally I love it, it's all I ever wanted from TP.

Binged on what came out, bottom line this is like Lynch's entire career supercharged and packaged into this show. Personally I love it, it's all I ever wanted from TP.

How many eps are out? 4?

Only saw ep1. I agree it is what Lynch would do, but is also a bloated mess imo. And the signature Lynch stuff are more annoying than in the past.

It mostly feels like making a novel out of what was a short story.

Top Bottom