Twitch Live Stream: Sid Meier's Starships with special guest Sid Meier

yeah, since it is totally unreasonable to be reluctant after the fiasco their last game was. :crazyeye:
The fiasco of a game that came with plenty of pre-release previews and a demo. Only got yourselves to blame.

New games are new games. Often by a new team.

The fiasco of a game that came with plenty of pre-release previews and a demo. Only got yourselves to blame.

New games are new games. Often by a new team.

I still say that the "haters" are exaggerating how bad BE is. The game is not perfect but it is far from being a fiasco. Civ5 vanilla was far worse on release than BE was.

Plus, Starships is indeed being developed by a completely different team than BE. So, assuming that Starships will be a "fiasco" because you think BE was, is illogical.

yeah, since it is totally unreasonable to be reluctant after the fiasco their last game was. :crazyeye:

I had fun with it. If you consider it a fiasco why am I even seeing you here? I promised myself many years ago, in the 4 baud modem days I would never waste my time complaining about that which I hate on a BBS....since then I have expanded that to USENET and game forums.

Drinking game: drink every time someone says Starship ;)

I like it in a Total War meets XCOM meets Galactic Civ kind of way. It looks like it has some depth, but not nearly the depth of a full civ game. Although the battle being so easy didn't help.

I watched it, and I am very curious. I am not throwing money at the screen though. I want to see more.

looks like a cross between galactic civ II, pirates, and a turned based home world... but we don't get to actually customize the ships with a ship builder. :(

TLHeart said:
But we don't get to actually customize the ships with a ship builder. :(

Yes you do customize your ships in a ship builder. You pick the modules to put on your ships which change the capabilities as well as the physical appearance of your ships.

The game will probably be around $8-10 since it will be in the mobile market. I think it will be a pretty good value. I liked the Ace Patrol games too. And I always like a good mobile game for sitting in waiting rooms or public transit.

Top Bottom