1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Two displays -> cursor leaves game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by mutant-enemy, Oct 1, 2010.

1. mutant-enemy

mutant-enemy Warlord

Hey there,

I've got two displays, Civ is on the left one, the desktop on the right one. When I move the cursor to the left, the top or to the bottom, I can move through the map, but it leaves the game when going to the right, since there's the other display.

I already had this problem with civ 4 (and with no other game), but it's quite unnerving to be able to move with my keyboard arrows exclusively.

Does anyone know whether there's something I can do about that?

Thanks in advance!

2. Skywriter

Skywriter Chieftain

I had same problem with Civ3, but strangely not with Civ 4.
    I think there's no good solution...

You can move the cursor just to the edge of the primary screen but not over it. I used to play like this but I found it quite annoying and time consuming. So I just disable the second screen every time I play Civ5 and use Alt+tab instead if I need to use Windows.

3. mutant-enemy

mutant-enemy Warlord

Nor did I, at least not at first. I think this came with my new installation of windows 7 and thus of civ.

However, thanks for the advice!

4. silverjaded

silverjaded Chieftain

I have this issue, the best thing to do is use the arrows on the keyboard when moving in that direction.

5. mutant-enemy

mutant-enemy Warlord

Yeah, that's what I do. I'm much too lazy for this screen disabling thing. Guess I'll have to live with it.

6. mutant-enemy

mutant-enemy Warlord

Yay! :goodjob:

7. mujambee

mujambee Chieftain

Still not working for me after the patch . . .

. . . and I'm quite happy with it. This way I can read the forums and write this post while I wait for the turns to end.

So: it's not a bug, its a feature.

8. ~Homer~likeVF19

~Homer~likeVF19 Chieftain

I also have this same problem.....
    This patch also not work for me too.
    One thing wants to know, is there have someone can solve this problem after this patch?? Cos I'm just thinking if this problem is not on game(if believe they are really patched that problem), but on other problem. e.g. display card driver setting

new information update~~
    I setting back from full screen to window screen, I found there have new setting in interface page. that is "BIND MOUSE", after apply it(there have never, full screen only and always), cursor won't go to the other screen.
    YEAH~~~~~:lol::lol::lol:

9. mujambee

mujambee Chieftain

Just discovered that if you click on an unoccupied tile and drag you move the map.