Two features I'm hoping for:

EgyptRaider

Warlord
-Circular diplomatic overview: They always said about the new UI of Civ V that it was simplified to make things better viewable and understandable. The only thing I really miss is the old way they showed us how the diplomacy was between nations. Now you have to scroll down a list and read carefully who is allied with who, and who is at war with who. It's a hell of a thing to do.. I really hope it gets introduced again because it's a key element to me for diplomacy. I hope it's coming with the announced diplomacy update.

-Better Replay Function. The Replay after you finished a game is least to say underwhelming. Civ IV and III had better ones and the one of Civ V seems very rushed to me. You'd hope that after winning or losing a game of hours you could at least get enough material to view the new history you have written. I'm especially hoping for an enhanced map system with the playback also begin sychronized with the graphics and the messages and for a revision of the map itself, because the fact that the cultural extend over the water is just highly annoying for the true shape of the land and the nations is thus destroyed.

I'm a bit sceptical these things will be included but I hope I'm not the only one wanting these.

-Circular diplomatic overview: They always said about the new UI of Civ V that it was simplified to make things better viewable and understandable. The only thing I really miss is the old way they showed us how the diplomacy was between nations. Now you have to scroll down a list and read carefully who is allied with who, and who is at war with who. It's a hell of a thing to do.. I really hope it gets introduced again because it's a key element to me for diplomacy. I hope it's coming with the announced diplomacy update.

I am 100% with you on this. I'd support you even more, but my appreciation for maths doesn't allow it :).

I could not agree more. It is beyond comprehension that we've had to wait this long for an official version of this and still might not even get it.

Agreed. I'd also like to see two more things:

-The globe view. I really miss this from CIV (which I played twice...), where you could zoom out so much it would show the world as, well, a globe. I liked it a lot!

-An option to describe events in-game. I'm not only talking about mountain chains, bays, big plains or peninsulas, but to add a short description of things that happened during the game. For example, let's say you declared war on Darius I: after doing so, you can add a name to the war, a fictional description and reasons for it, not changing the gameplay but adding a nice roleplaying feature. In the end of the game, you could see everything you wrote in the Replay section. I'd like it very much. Of course, a lot of people will not, so you should be able to toggle it in Advanced Features, before starting a game. Not such a major change, at least it won't matter at all for gameplay, but quite interesting when you are willing to roleplay. Also, it would help somehow while creating Let's Plays.

The mod, Info Addict, is so well made that it would be ready to port directly into the game. Why they haven't added an official version is beyond me. It's the only mod that I activate in every game.

-An option to describe events in-game. I'm not only talking about mountain chains, bays, big plains or peninsulas, but to add a short description of things that happened during the game. For example, let's say you declared war on Darius I: after doing so, you can add a name to the war, a fictional description and reasons for it, not changing the gameplay but adding a nice roleplaying feature. In the end of the game, you could see everything you wrote in the Replay section. I'd like it very much. Of course, a lot of people will not, so you should be able to toggle it in Advanced Features, before starting a game. Not such a major change, at least it won't matter at all for gameplay, but quite interesting when you are willing to roleplay. Also, it would help somehow while creating Let's Plays.

I like this idea very much.

Yes, infoaddict should simply be added into the full game. It is very well made.

I also much miss the globe view, as it was always fun, if a bit laggy.

I would really really *really* like to see health return as a function. It really made city placement more intricate, and meant that you had to kind of "conquer" the wilderness instead of seeing jungle and thinking "YAY!" Plopping a city down in the middle of flood plains shouldn't be a simple decision! Health could be affected by buildings, beliefs, technology, resources, etc etc. I felt it really added a lot to civ4 and I was very bummed when they removed it!

Agreed. I'd also like to see two more things:

-The globe view. I really miss this from CIV (which I played twice...), where you could zoom out so much it would show the world as, well, a globe. I liked it a lot!

Wow, both ideas sound really great. I doubt they'll be in, but it would be great if they were!

InfoAddict, among other things, reveals information which I understand to be intentionally hidden from the user. So it could never be adopted in its entirety.

I agree with those two. Better Diplo screen with useful graphs is the major reason I like InfoAddict. The replay at the end of the game was a huge deal and so much fun! The current one in Civ5 is a lame afterthought. They could expand it quite a bit especially if the game is now tracking major battle locations for archaeology. :]

Would also like an officially built-in throne room or castle construction or similar.
There are mods... but just not really the same.
It was nice when that would pop up in the old games. Was a nice little kudoes break from concentrating on the game. Good simple positive reinforcement. I liked being able to see the castle the opposing Civs had built too. Mine is better! You partially got conquered due to your inferior architecture styling! (In my mind, then, anyway) :)

InfoAddict, among other things, reveals information which I understand to be intentionally hidden from the user. So it could never be adopted in its entirety.

If you're referring to the detailed information it gives you on your own military, land area, gold per turn, etc, that is all accessible to you anyway. If you're referring to the fact that you can see the same, detailed information for the AI, I think a simple solution would be to only allow the player to see that information if they had a spy established somewhere within that rival civilization... would give an extra shade of dimension to the relatively weak espionage system.

With the new Archaeology system tracking events on the map, I wonder if some of that will make its way into the replay: seeing battles appear on the map would be quite cool.

There is a light version of InfoAddict that works perfectly well, without revealing anything that is not revealed in the base game. Look for InfoAddict light.

I would have to agree, the diplomacy "overview" is terrible, I mean its hard to keep track of the past deals you have made, especially with resources........I really really hope the diplomacy overview gets an overhaul to at least some extent.......it would be great to get both of your suggestions!

Top Bottom