Two girls who sunbathed on train tracks hit by train.

Kids think they're invincible, this precise "oh we can hear a train coming" thought process can easily make people complacent. Sad stuff but at least they'll be ok.

Sunbathing on ACTIVE RAILROAD TRACKS with HEADPHONES ON is beyond stupid.

Yes, it is. :) People are idiots.

I don't feel any sympathy for these girls.. I feel sympathy for their parents! Do you have any idea what they must be going through?? What sort of thoughts must be going through their heads?? "What did I do wrong in bringing this idiot up?"

No, they're probably thinking "This is horrible, poor girl. What can I do to help her get through this".

The first sentance of that quote is what I feel, and what I am surprised more people aren't.

Future Sexual Partners

Huh?

You mean they will have trouble finding mates in the future? I am not so sure about that; at least if so it will be their obvious mental problems, not missing limbs.

Imagine the horror of the conductor and engineer of the train. I feel sorry for them.

Did the girls deserve this? No one 'deserves' that. It's just the result of their actions. They're certainly damned stupid and the only way for this to have happened was for them to be sunbathing where they were and, while they don't deserve it, it's their fault and I somehow doubt they'll ever escape the aftermath of their stupidity. What they do deserve is the stigma of being the idiots who sunbathed on railroad tracks. I can already imagine their punishment (a part from the lost limbs): doing school tours educating children and teens on the dangers of railroad tracks (and sunbathing if they eventually develop skin cancer).

By giving their limbs they've activated the hibernating activists within themselves. Superheroes of railroad-track-dangers-activism have been born.

Asshats.

The lack of empathy here surprises and disgusts me. That is all.

Pity the fool?

Yea, well. They're kids, kids do stupid things, it troubles me that people are saying that they "deserve it" that's all.

Does someone who jumps into the ocean not deserve to get wet? Cause and effect, baby. It sucks, but they have only themselves to thank. Blame. Whatever. Personal responsibility, y'know?

Imagine the horror of the conductor and engineer of the train. I feel sorry for them.

Agreed.

Two teenage girls sunbathing on a railroad lost limbs when a train came upon them unexpectedly.

Erm, how was it unexpected?

I can understand not hearing it if the train hadn't honked (I've been about 12ft from train tracks and not realized the train was there until it would have been too late had I been on the train tracks... trains can be surprisingly quiet with the right wind conditions n' such), but with honking its pretty bizarre.

The lack of empathy here surprises and disgusts me. That is all.

That was kind of my thought. The criminal who got shot received more sympathy.

You're dealing with a bunch of dorky teenage loners. Internet toughguyism (and its close corollary, omg-i-am-so-cold-and-unsympathetic-and-logical-and-i-hate-stupid-people-lol-ism) is to be expected. ;)

Darwin was right, this case simply proves it beyond the shadow of a doubt.

If these girls deserve to die because they were sunbathing on a railway track, should anyone found sunbathing on railway tracks be given the death penalty, even if they don't get hit by a train?

Because that's what you guys are saying...

EDIT: Actually, you're saying that we should NOW sentence them to death, because they survived. We should kill them for being stupid, because that's what they deserve.

Does someone who jumps into the ocean not deserve to get wet?

I don't feel as though I deserve to get shot in the head, but if I shot myself in the head, I would get shot in the head, regardless of whether I deserved it or not.

Top Bottom