1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Two Great Leaders - One Amazing Unit

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by thedirk, Jul 16, 2003.

1. thedirk

thedirk Master of Stealth

I just had a game where one unit produced two great leaders. It produced one GL as a tank, and then after upgrading it to Modern Armor it was promoted in combat and produced a second GL. That's never happened to me before. What made it even more "special" was that I didn't have the Heroic Epic. I just was amazed that I had a unit overcome such great odds and had to share it with the Civ gaming world. :) :) :)

2. JMK

JMK King

Save it for your next game.:)

3. .:KNAS:.

.:KNAS:. Civfanatic

I do believe that that is impossible. Even after upgrade there is still the "*" next to the unit name. Atleast in Civ 3 v1.29f or whatever the lates civ 3 patch is called. (not PTW or Conquests)

4. thedirk

thedirk Master of Stealth

I will have the check my version number, but I know it happened as I had renamed the unit the first time it spawned a GL, and it was definately an already re-named unit that generated my second GL.

5. pdescobar

pdescobar Moo, baby. Moo.

I can't speak for vanilla civ3, but it can certainly happen in PTW. Take a look at the Naked Vikings SG where they had the same unit, "Healfdene" spawn leaders as both a swordsman and a medievel infantry. When a unit is upgraded, it not only loses its elite status, but the '*' goes away and the GL-generator flag is cleared.

6. solodar

solodar Chieftain

I've had it happen multiple times in Civ 3 1.29f. The asterisk should disappear after you upgrade along with elite status.

solodar

7. cgannon64

cgannon64 BOB DYLAN'S ROCKIN OUT!

I haven't had that happen, that's cool. I have, however, gotten two GLs on one turn, which is pretty damn cool. That was the only time in my Civ playing history that I've built two Wonders on one turn. :D