Two nasty lil bugs (360)

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by CrashXVII, Jul 24, 2008.

1. CrashXVII

CrashXVII Chieftain

This isn't too likely to ruin anyones games, particularly if you save fairly often, but still thought I'd give a small heads up to anyone interested.

Just finished up a game on King as zee Germans. First oddity that happened is I skipped gunpowder and went straight to the modern infantry tech. So all my elite defenders became infantry, then when I later got gunpowder they downgraded to riflemen. I already had the game about wrapped up but still something to keep in mind.

Second thing was during my final assault, I deployed a number of troops off my battleship next to the final capital. Using the boats deployment option, it unloaded everyone except for one unit. In the wave that went ashore, was a great general. Seeing my one tank army still in the boat, I ordered it out, and when it moved onto land, my great general (just the general himself, not the unit he was attached to) moved north one space.

I didn't really think it was even possible for him to be detached, and didn't even think to check it out. I assumed they were all on the same tile. But after ending my turn, the comp sent out one unit to over run my general, as he has no actual stats of his own. So somehow I still had the unit that had spawned him, but the general was gone.

Really not sure what may have caused that, but just a heads up in case you're in a tight game and you see something similar.

2. Reed

Reed Chieftain

This happened to the Romans when they were attacking me. Their great general Jeep drove up all by itself infront of Kiev. I wasn't sure what to make of that. The attack icon was the same as when attacking settlers and he disappeared when my modern infantry moved in. Kinda disappointing. It would have been nice to get a free great general.

3. I-am-a-panda

I-am-a-panda

That downgrade thing is pretty weird. i always research gunpowder though. as for the boat thign I can only presume a certain no. of units are allowed on a tile.

4. vapaach

vapaach Chieftain

That has happened to me too. It is really annoying.

5. Jerrymander

Jerrymander Epistemologist

This is the funniest thing ever. :3

6. Ran

Ran Chieftain

I had a similar error with a great general on the DS -- he got off a boat and just kept going. Water, land, nothing stopped him, I couldn't control him, and he wouldn't reattach when I managed to move a unit in his square. :(

I haven't risked a Great General on a boat since.

7. KingCharles

KingCharles Chieftain

I had this happen to me but the General was 1 tile up and one space to the left of my unit he was supposed to be with. Oddly enoguh however if i put that unit so that the general was on the tile with the rest of my army .. my army would get the bonus from him but the unit he beolonged to was a tile away...