Two new DLCs of Civilization VI after NFP?

What are these two apps going to be?

• They're going to be DLCs of another Pass.

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • They will be two separate DLCs.

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • These may be one or two expansions, just like RF and GS.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • They could contain nothing of gameplay, just be an launcher update.

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • They may be new modding tools, DLLs or final bug fix.

Votes: 41 45.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flactine

Chieftain
1664674043964.png

1664674400561.png

There're two new unknown apps, "LPGN" and "LPJ". What could they mean?

In February 2020, also on SteamDB, an APP codenamed "Runner" appeared, and three months later, it was confirmed to be Maya & Gran Colombia DLC for New Frontier Pass.

Last edited:
Civilization VI doesn't need more DLC. It needs a final polish update. Seems like it isn't what I'm hoping for but maybe it could mean something going on with Civilization that could lead to an update.

There is a Civ promotion going on with Intel right now. Maybe it's related to that.

I don't think it will be one of the first 3 options, as they made clear that civ 6 was finished. The best option for civ 6 would be some final patch, fixing bugs and crashes. If that is the case this could be also indication that another civ game/spinoff will be close, release final patch update for a game together with bringing out a new release... But that is very speculative...

These aren't really signs of a patch though. They are categorized as DLCs (with corresponding depots). Signs of a possible patch would be frequent updates on QA branches, which would also be present with a software test.

I don't think these are DLCs, expansions, a patch, or something to do with the launcher. This is new, whatever it is. It's possible that these are more powerful modding tools that they are finally permitting modders to use.

I mean the pipe dream would be another Native American civ plus one from North Africa and alt Egyptian leader. :mischief:

But I don't think anyone will complain about modding tools, which is obviously more probable.

I don't think these are DLCs, expansions, a patch, or something to do with the launcher. This is new, whatever it is. It's possible that these are more powerful modding tools that they are finally permitting modders to use.
Please stop giving me Hopes!! There is nothing that would make me more happier than that, and if that's true then I'm gonna preorder Civ7 when it's available just to support Firaxis. Otherwise I'll be waiting till the 1st or 2nd big Expansion DLC.

But honestly, I doubt that's the case. I think it has to do with last Year's 30th Civ Anniversary Announcement of new things that would have been released throughout some Months, especially since they just postponed that for a Year now that we got the Civ Merch 2 weeks ago. My guess is that it's a Spinoff Game that contains stuff from all Civ Games, which got postponed either bc of Midnight Suns or bc it wasn't ready back then.

I would be happy with anything at this Point, a Game Update/Bugfix Patch, a Lua API, more modding possibilities, a tool to create database Effects/Requirements..etc. Though a DLL would be the best thing that could happen to Civ6 IMO, better than any Update/New Content.

EDIT: So this has to do exclusively with Civ VI right?

Last edited:
It's hard to not consider that this fulfills the prophecy.

Every Civ game since Civ 4 had that one weird last-minute patch before the next franchise iteration was announced.

I doubt this is any significant DLCs, though if it was something for the anniversary I would expect either a new Game Mode or a new Persona Pack (because I still laugh that we only have one of those (well two, but only one release).

However, regardless, I'm almost positive that this confirms that the final patch is coming soon. Hopefully they address more bugfixes than introduce anything.

Last edited:
Even mod-free I find crashes are too frequent in the current version of Civ. So I can agree, a big bug-fix would be preferable to anything else, more modding options would be nice, but as using them inevitably reduces game stability further then it won't change my game experience much.

A bug fix would be great.:thumbsup: Had to quit a game because of crashing, reload and crash:sad:...very sad...but hey took ganon out:ar15: in between and my current civ vi game is going way better:clap:, fingers cross it doesn't crash!:bowdown:

Even if they're tiny/useless DLCs, as long as they come with a thick balance patch, I'll take it.

Also, for the love of God, I hope they don't consider the console (specially PS4/5) versions secondary to it.
There's lots of work to be done there, the multiplayer is completely broken for example and the PS4 version suffers from severe crashing.

Firaxis have done crossover content and unlockables between Civ games, Starships and XCOM.

Could it be some crossover DLCs for Midnight Suns?
Marvel heroes mode?

TBH I was a little surprised there wasn't an XCOM mode with NFP.
We did have XCOM unit in Civ V after all.

Also, for the love of God, I hope they don't consider the console (specially PS4/5) versions secondary to it.
There's lots of work to be done there, the multiplayer is completely broken for example and the PS4 version suffers from severe crashing.
Unfortunately, I think that's an Aspyr problem. They're even worse than Firaxis. There are major bugs on the Switch that have been untouched for three years now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom