Two new leaders recognised beyond doubt: Suleyman and Willem van Oranje

Prince Willem van Oranje of the Dutch
Just to be clear, this picture is of Stadhouder Willem I (Stadtholder William I), also known as Willem de Zwijger (William the Silent). So it's not William III (who was stadtholder of the Netherlands as well as king of England) or King William I, who became king of the "United Netherlands" (Netherlands+Belgium+Luxemburg) in 1815 after the final defeat of Napoleon.

(in C3C it was abit unclear, because the Dutch leader was referred to as "King William", but William I of Orange never held the title of King)

It looks indeed more like Bob Dylan than Willem van Oranje. Probably because it doesn't look like Willem van Oranje at all. :)

Why'd they change Willem's eyes from blue to brown?

Maybe because his eyes were brown?

Better picture:

EDIT: I do admit the mustache is a bit too long, his hair too dark and his face too skinny. William had a beard, not a mustache and brown, not black hair. Also he became slightly bloated when he aged not skinnier. That said it's just an artist's interpretation and overall it's pretty well done.

Does anyone think that the Oranje leaderhead looks somewhat like a modern pic of Bob Dylan?

If it was Bob Dylan, what would his intro line be ?

A hard rains gonna fall...

You gotta serve somebody...

Next lame joke ,

Jan H said:
Just to be clear, this picture is of Stadhouder Willem I (Stadtholder William I), also known as Willem de Zwijger (William the Silent).

If he's William the Silent we may have a new 'refuses to speak' time , like 30 turns

Does anyone think that the Oranje leaderhead looks somewhat like a modern pic of Bob Dylan?

Cheers,
ripple01

:D :band: :lol:

Hmm... What would his traits be? Creative/Charsimatic? UU: Folksinger (replaces Great Artist) UB: Newport Festival Stage (replaces theatre)?

It is a cartoon, so it won't look exactly like what the real people look like.

Top Bottom