1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Two other minor suggestions - alien nests and auto-renew

Discussion in 'CivBE - Ideas and Suggestions' started by Stringer1313, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 King

Not sure if there's an easy fix for these, but:

- Can they please make it so that I'm not accidentally crushing alien nests (at least the ones in my borders)? I keep them in my borders to get them blue, and the suddenly one of my military or workers squishes them. Can the game at least warn you before it happens, or perhaps when a unit goes over the next, there should just be a dialog box asking if you want to crush it. Or maybe the game should allow you to toggle on something that automatically has your units not crush nests within your borders (but if you want to crush them, you have to manually click some kind of "pillage" button)

- I'm happy that they now let you auto-renew trade routes, but everytime I turn OFF auto-renew, by default it turns it back on the next time I assign the route. Why can't they just leave the check box unchecked if you turned it off already??

2. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Alien nests have a very distinct look so they are hard to miss and they are not hidden by the fog of war if they are in your borders, so I am kinda puzzled how you are accidentally crushing nests. Are you automating your military units or workers? That is the only way I can see how your units would suddenly and accidentally crush a nest.

3. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

I could be wrong, but I think I heard Alien Nests will need to be pillaged to be destroyed now, so accidental destruction won't happen.

4. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 King

Oh Ok. Yay.

In response to the above question ---- I actually never automate workers. What usually happens is when I have a military or explorer unit that is done exploring and I want him to come back home, I'll often just right-click in one of my cities quickly, and if the pathway home shows, I'll neglect to see that it runs right over an alien nest, because I just forget about it. It's just another annoying step that I have to take everytime I move units, to see if the pathway moves over the (hard to see) nest.

Of course if the unit is far away, the path won't even show. But hopefully there's a fix now.

And now they just need to fix the auto-renew thing --- all they have to do is change the code so that whether auto-renew is checked simply depends on whether you checked it on or off the previous time, instead of having auto-renew be checked by default.